★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Titan Quest (by DotEmu)

06-16-2015, 10:29 PM
Titan Quest (by DotEmu)

surprised that there isn't a thread for this game yet. TQ and it's expansion Immortal Throne was definitely the game that captured the visceral action hack and slash of Diablo when D3 was still nowhere in sight. IMHO, it trumps D3 lol

here's the Hydra boss from Act 1 IIRC (Not the end boss of act 1, it's a hidden boss)

http://toucharcade.com/2015/06/16/e3...u-titan-quest/

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ws.asp?c=65900

Last edited by Edmilan; 06-17-2015 at 10:50 PM.
06-16-2015, 10:32 PM
This and FF7 ports are what im looking forward to the most. They both have the highest chance at being premium.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

06-17-2015, 06:59 AM
Got a tweet from DotEMU. looks like it'll be the vanilla game only for now but still...it's Titan Quest! And it's PREMIUM! nuff said
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	88595  

Game Center ID: SlighMD; Battle.net: SlighMD#6986; Vainglory: SlighMD
Currently playing: Hearthstone, XCOM: Enemy Within, Vainglory, Dodonpachi: Ichimen Banchou
Waiting for: MHFU for iOS to be fixed and Titan Quest
06-17-2015, 07:04 AM
GOD. Ys Chronicle II MUST BUY.
06-17-2015, 07:38 AM
I have a unhealthy dislike for the Diablo paradigm. The formula doesn't offer either enough in-depth RPG mechanics, or sufficiently skill-based (and fun) action for my taste.

And yet, Titan Quest is one of my old PC favourites. That probably either means it's the Diablo-like to end all Diablo-likes, or the aboslute opposite, and only szuited for Diablo-haters such as myself Either way, this is awesome news!

Does DotEMO have a tradition of porting all available game modes? Me and a pal had lots of fun co-op:ing Titan Quest, and the possibility to do so from our phones would be almost as exciting as (the finally functional) Baldur's Gate...

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
06-17-2015, 07:38 AM
Will it run on my rusty but trusty ipad 4?Whatcha guys think?
06-17-2015, 07:46 AM
If it can run XCOM, then TQ will probably run. IIRC, the RAM requirements were less than a GB, 64gb VRAM
06-17-2015, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmilan View Post
If it can run XCOM, then TQ will probably run. IIRC, the RAM requirements were less than a GB, 64gb VRAM
Yep,definitely XD,since it runs Bioshock really well without lags.
06-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Awesome cant wait. I just really hope they implement touch to move. It works incredibly well in vainglory, battleheart legacy, kingsroad, and so on
06-17-2015, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
I have a unhealthy dislike for the Diablo paradigm. The formula doesn't offer either enough in-depth RPG mechanics, or sufficiently skill-based (and fun) action for my taste.

And yet, Titan Quest is one of my old PC favourites. That probably either means it's the Diablo-like to end all Diablo-likes, or the aboslute opposite, and only szuited for Diablo-haters such as myself Either way, this is awesome news!

Does DotEMO have a tradition of porting all available game modes? Me and a pal had lots of fun co-op:ing Titan Quest, and the possibility to do so from our phones would be almost as exciting as (the finally functional) Baldur's Gate...
Totally disagree with you on your take with Diablo. They don't make any sense. I would respect one who dislike a particular game due to personal taste in a specific genre. However your comment about Diablo does not have deep rpg nor require skill to play really make me feel you not know what you talking. I like Diablo especially D2 but at the same time I don't consider myself a fan, so my disagree has nothing to do with trying to defend the game but solely just disagree on the way you criticize it.

Back on topic... Gonna watch out on this one. Thanks for posting it.