★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Alphabear is an original word puzzle game by Spry Fox, the developer of the award winning game Triple Town.

In Alphabear, you spell words by selecting letters on a grid. When you use letters that are next to each other, bears appear! The more letters you use in an area, the bigger the bear gets, and the more points you earn. Perform well enough, and you might just a win a bear of your own to keep forever.

Bears that you win can be used as powerups in future games! They increase the points you earn for using certain letters or spelling certain words, extend your timer, increase or decrease the frequency with which letters appear, and more!

Eli's comments:

Alphabear: Word Puzzle Game

Spry Fox, LLC
Genres: Games Word Puzzle
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Alphabear is an original word puzzle game by Spry Fox, the developer of the award winning game Triple Town.

In Alphabear, you spell words by selecting letters on a grid. When you use letters that are next to each other, bears appear! The more letters you use in an area, the bigger the bear gets, and the more points you earn. Perform well enough, and you might just a win a bear of your own to keep forever.

Bears that you win can be used as powerups in future games! They increase the points you earn for using certain letters or spelling certain words, extend your timer, increase or decrease the frequency with which letters appear, and more!

Thank you for playing the very first public version of Alphabear... we hope you like it! :-)

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadMini
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPad23G
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone5s

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.1

Download Size: 57.1MB

06-17-2015, 06:21 PM
This looks interesting. I like Spry Fox, so I'll eventually give this a go.

GC & Google Play: Jerutix -- Grace and Peace

06-17-2015, 10:30 PM
I can't find this in the App Store. Is it coming out later, or was it just a soft release?
06-17-2015, 11:31 PM
Video Gameplay
06-18-2015, 12:04 AM
Hi everyone, Spry Fox dev here.

Appreciate you playing Alphabear. Right now it is still in soft launch. Worldwide release is still a little bit out!

But if you do get a chance to play, I'd love to hear what you think. Feedback is super welcome.

All the best,
Danc.
06-18-2015, 12:17 AM
Do you have any promo codes? Would be glad to try it.
06-18-2015, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danc View Post
Appreciate you playing Alphabear. Right now it is still in soft launch. Worldwide release is still a little bit out!

But if you do get a chance to play, I'd love to hear what you think. Feedback is super welcome.

All the best,
Danc.
What region is the soft launch?
06-18-2015, 12:32 AM
Currently in Canada, Australia and New Zealand. If you are located there, it is free to play, so give it a whirl.
06-18-2015, 04:50 AM
Aw bummer.
More soft launches should happen in the U.S.
If you were to offer a promo code I would gladly make an in-app purchase or two

Last edited by vectorarchitekt; 06-18-2015 at 09:31 AM.
06-18-2015, 11:30 AM
Disappointed not to see this in the U.S. store, especially since TA had it in their "out now" list, but oh well, I'm sure it will be here soon so I'll keep an eye out for it.