★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: If youre a fan of city-builders and keep waiting for a fresh take on the genre, this might be it. With old school graphics and a focus on resource gathering and mini-games, Pocket Hamlet is trying to break the just remake of usual tap and wait city-builders mold that weve been seeing for half a decade.

The game where you need to build your village, starting with a small campfire and a tent and ending with all sorts of taverns and mines. But you can not just to build a house as you need to get resources on your own. Gatherer collects apples, hunter gets skins and meat, the butcher roasts caruncles, and tanner makes excellent leather.

You will enjoy by more than 10 different mini-games before you will be able to go into a real adventure! Feel yourself in the shoes of a tough miner, cut trees into pieces or just grow crops in a garden!

Eli's comments:

Pocket Hamlet

Dmitrii Bushuev
Genres: Games Simulation Strategy
Free

Quote:
The game where you need to build your village, starting with a small campfire and a tent and ending with all sorts of taverns and mines. But you can not just to build a house as you need to get resources on your own. Gatherer collects apples, hunter gets skins and meat, the butcher roasts caruncles, and tanner makes excellent leather. You will enjoy by more than 10 different mini-games before you will be able to go into a real adventure! Feel yourself in the shoes of a tough miner, cut trees into pieces or just grow crops in a garden!

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone6
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone4
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadMini
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadWifi
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone5c
  • iPad3G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.1.1

Download Size: 22.6MB

06-18-2015, 02:21 AM
The miner minigame is way too hard

06-18-2015, 03:31 AM
This looks fun. I wouldn't probably take a second look at it, if it weren't for the nice pixel graphics and the guy above saying that the game is hard.

Now I have to download it.
06-18-2015, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaraf View Post
Indeed, there is a thin line between fun and frustration and here it is crossed on the wrong side. Deleted the game, pity because it seemed to have potential...
06-18-2015, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
  • iPad23G
There's no iPad 23rd Generation!
06-18-2015, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhones iOS View Post
G doesn't refer to "Generation" it refers to the network. As you can see, there are no spaces in devices' names, so iPad23G means iPad 2 3G.
06-18-2015, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhones iOS View Post
There will be one in year 3000!
06-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaraf View Post
I don't know if I would say too "hard" exactly. After a few attempts I got the timing down fairly well. However, it is frustrating yes. As is pretty much every "mini" game. There are long gaps between action on everything, so you spend a good chunk of time waiting for nodes to appear.

And the random events.. I have no clue what their purpose serves. My gatherer asked for some hay, so I gave it to him, and ended up having to restart the game because I couldn't proceed without building another Hovel, which I needed in order to gather more hay.

As for the mower mini-game, you can swipe but I preferred to tap so I wasn't hitting the rocks, however there are patches of grass that are directly under the buttons to leave.

Overall, could be fun.. But too many little bothersome issues make this game a dud for me.
06-18-2015, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamboomPanda View Post
I don't know if I would say too "hard" exactly. After a few attempts I got the timing down fairly well. However, it is frustrating yes. As is pretty much every "mini" game. There are long gaps between action on everything, so you spend a good chunk of time waiting for nodes to appear.

And the random events.. I have no clue what their purpose serves. My gatherer asked for some hay, so I gave it to him, and ended up having to restart the game because I couldn't proceed without building another Hovel, which I needed in order to gather more hay.

As for the mower mini-game, you can swipe but I preferred to tap so I wasn't hitting the rocks, however there are patches of grass that are directly under the buttons to leave.

Overall, could be fun.. But too many little bothersome issues make this game a dud for me.

Hmmm, yeah, that's a problem. I can say that it's more like experimental version(like demo) but the game promisse to be more interesting and fun with each update, what I'm actually working on. Thanks for comments, I listened to you clearly so will try to make everything much better

And also check out trailer if you didn't see it: YOUTUBE

Last edited by Bushuev Dmitrii; 06-18-2015 at 11:09 AM.
06-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Also separate game about miner is going to be uploaded on the AppStore with special features