★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Invaders from Girth - Sneak peak from Matmi

09-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Send a message via AIM to Matmi
Invaders from Girth - Sneak peak from Matmi

Hello

We are currently working on a few name games for the iPhone.

The first is called Invaders from Girth.

I cannot give too much away but what I can say is that its a space shootem up like you have never seen before.

1950's sci fi style!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ship-upgraded.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	7960  

Last edited by Matmi; 09-21-2009 at 09:39 AM.
09-21-2009, 08:55 AM
The image looks good. Can you give some more details? Is it 2D or 3D, is there a storyline?

09-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
The image looks good. Can you give some more details? Is it 2D or 3D, is there a storyline?
I cannot give too much information away at the moment.

In a galaxy far away there is a sausage shaped planet called Girth. This is where the Monster Mafia characters live.

Wolly superior has invaded Girth and is trying to clone the wollies (the inhabitants) and make them into his evil troops. He must be stopped before its too late.

You play Mango and must stop Wolly Superior in his tracks. Destroy all the enemies and free the Wollies from the forbidden zone.

There will be ship and weapon upgrades and multiple levels of crazy fast action.

The game maybe in 2D or 3D or maybe both, you will have to wait and see.
09-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Keep us updated with more artwork

So far the 3D rendering looks nice

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
09-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
Keep us updated with more artwork

So far the 3D rendering looks nice
We like producing 3D and love making charcater design. Have you seen our website or our Monster Pinball game?
09-21-2009, 11:53 AM
I will definitely be keeping an eye out for this one...monster pinball had beautiful art and awesome sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matmi View Post
We like producing 3D and love making charcater design. Have you seen our website or our Monster Pinball game?
Yup.. Saw Monster Pinball. But not really a pinball fan in general so I didnt get the game

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
09-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Yup.. Saw Monster Pinball. But not really a pinball fan in general so I didnt get the game
Even if you don't like pinball you may like Monster Pinball. Its totally different than normal pinball, its pinball 2.0

There is a free lite version that has just been released if you want to taste our graphics and gameplay or just play one of our other flash games or visit our website to see what were up to.

We are very well known for our flash games but have recently been concentrating our efforts into the iPhone.

Invaders from Girth is my own personal project that I have been wishing to make for many years. Flash was never powerful to do what I wanted. Now we can.

This game is going to rock.
09-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Quote:
In my opinion, you don't have to really be a pinball fan to enjoy Monster Pinball. The game is so fast, it's more about staying alive and having fast reaction speeds than it is about aiming for certain targets like a traditional pinball game. And the art style, fantastic sound effects, and overall polish add a lot to the enjoyability factor for me. I say you should at least check out the lite version, and you might be surprised and love it.

Matmi, I love shooters, and I'm very excited to learn more about this one. Especially that you got the 50's vibe going on. One of my all time favorite games is the original Destroy All Humans. The humor and retro vibe they had going on in that game was awesome! Can't wait to see some more info on this game!
09-21-2009, 01:37 PM
The story sound good! I've got Monster Pinball and it was very good, even while I didn't like Wild West Pinball, so I'll follow this game.

The game is for sure going to rock!