★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: This game so wants to be on iPhone - World of Goo!

12-20-2008, 03:09 PM
This game so wants to be on iPhone - World of Goo!

How much is 'World of Goo' crying out to be on iPhone!?! It would work perfectly on the touchscreen!

If the developer happens to be reading Touch Arcade... please make it happen!

Mac & Windows demo available:
http://worldofgoo.com/dl2.php?lk=demo
12-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by othernine View Post
How much is 'World of Goo' crying out to be on iPhone!?! It would work perfectly on the touchscreen!

If the developer happens to be reading Touch Arcade... please make it happen!

Mac & Windows demo available:
http://worldofgoo.com/dl2.php?lk=demo
I thought it was. I heard something about it a while back.

12-20-2008, 03:13 PM
There's been a couple threads on it. Someone contacted the devs and they said they were considering porting it.

For now, we have Tiki Towers. It's not as pretty, but the concept is similar. It's really a great game. It's probably the best $1 game along with Dropship and Zombie Attack.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298127125&mt=8
12-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
There's been a couple threads on it. Someone contacted the devs and they said they were considering porting it.

For now, we have Tiki Towers. It's not as pretty, but the concept is similar. It's really a great game. It's probably the best $1 game along with Dropship and Zombie Attack.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=298127125&mt=8
I played the WOG demo and wasn't too impressed, especially for $10... I got Tiki towers for $1 and I'm loving it!!!

Gamecenter:1337brian
12-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
I played the WOG demo and wasn't too impressed, especially for $10... I got Tiki towers for $1 and I'm loving it!!!
World of Goo grows on you. I got this winner on my Wii via WiiWare, and I initially wasn't too impressed at all. At first, it just seems like a typical, albeit pretty, physics puzzle game. But then they start throwing all sorts of crazy stuff at you - bomb goos, catapault goos, and balloons.
12-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McChikun View Post
World of Goo grows on you. I got this winner on my Wii via WiiWare, and I initially wasn't too impressed at all. At first, it just seems like a typical, albeit pretty, physics puzzle game. But then they start throwing all sorts of crazy stuff at you - bomb goos, catapault goos, and balloons.
Well I never got to see any of the other stuff, The demo just has the first 2 levels and didn't have much that I was impressed with for the price. If they added the other stuff in the demo, I might have been more inclined to give it a decent go around... I did like the visual style and menus though

Gamecenter:1337brian
12-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to matt
I would pay $10 for the game for the iPod Touch. I already own it on the Wii and on my Macbook. I cant describe how much fun the game is to play. Having the ability to use the touch screen would make the game that much better.

I hope 2D Boy ports the game.

@mmccarty

Gameloft LIVE: mattmccarty
12-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
I would pay $10 for the game for the iPod Touch. I already own it on the Wii and on my Macbook. I cant describe how much fun the game is to play. Having the ability to use the touch screen would make the game that much better.

I hope 2D Boy ports the game.
*sob*
I emailed them 12 times and they never replied...
I'm a little obsessed with this game.
It's amazing... Tiki towers doesn't do WoG justice.

Life Is Too Short To Be Wordy
12-20-2008, 04:45 PM
I hope if they port it, there will be different levels than the WiiWare/Mac/PC version...or else it will be to easy for me to complete .

Oh well, at least it would still be portable.
12-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Tiki Towers is pretty good. Great for $.99, but doesn't have the polish.