Do we have a good presskit?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by RareSloth, Jun 18, 2015.

1. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

2. Looks good! Presskit() is always a winner.Good luck with launch! :)

3. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you!

4. uriweru

uriweru Member

Jun 19, 2015
    The presskit looks good. Will you be releasing for any other platforms besides ios?

5. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Its not in the plans yet... We're an iOS dev house and we're not using unity :(

Cheers,
    Brian

6. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Why on earth wouldn't you make a game this simple in a multi platform engine?

Honestly i am not really sure the point of the press of kit. It seems like a little iOS game not something that requires a press kit. This line "Controls so fluid they feel like an extension of the hand" is just asking to be torn apart in a review even if the controls are good and really loses any credibility of your comments.

The notes on design serve no purpose.

Put the video at the top.

7. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    The controls line is a good one for the app store, not so sure about your press kit tho.

The notes on design are indeed superfluous, *especially* the art direction do-overs. I do like the inclusion of the last paragraph. It serves 2 purposes: lets the reviewer who may not be aware of RareSloth know they're not a one trick pony and gives a lot of flavor.

This *is* head and shoulders above what most devs do for presskits tho, I feel you need to step back and look at your project from a strangers point of view before writing about it.

8. vtamarit

vtamarit Active Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Valencia (Spain)
    Hi Brian,

Congrats on the new game. I love the art style :) It would be nice if the game would arrive to Android too. Do you have plans to port it in the future?

About the press kit, it is very complete. It is a very good idea to include the GIFs, not only the video.

However, I see some problems. First of all there is no big headline which describe what your game is about. I mean, I read the first paragraph and I know the game is about a rabbit trying to scape, but I am not sure if it is a puzzle game, or a platform game. Using "genre-defining game" is very dangerous, because people need examples.

You have only 5 seconds to convince a journalist about why your game worth his attention. They receive hundreds of mails every week about new "revolutionary" "unique" "amazing" games. They are pretty used to read things like that, so "genre-defining game" does not impress them. Try to be clear about what your games offers in the first sentence. After that you can say that the game is not really a puzzle or a platform game, because it is so much more.

About the features, one of them is "Original music composed by Jefferson Apply". I do not know Jefferson Apply, so I can't say if this is an important feature. If he has composed music for a well-know video game, name it.

I am agree with Blackharon. You need an external vision of the game. LEt some friends play the game and asked them how they would describe the game and what things they like about it.

Maybe this is obvious, but do not forget to offer free codes to journalist. If you can, offer the codes a week before the launch, so they can work on a day-1 review if they are interested on your game.

Hope this helps!

9. uriweru

uriweru Member

Jun 19, 2015
    If you don't mind me asking, which engine are you using for your game?

10. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you for your great feedback everyone - i'll definitely make some changes based on the feedback. You guys are great!

We would love to port it to Android but we can't make any promises at this time.

The engine is cocos2d.