★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Solution for people who hate energy bars like me

06-20-2015, 05:12 PM
Solution for people who hate energy bars like me

This is definitely going to satisfy both free2play and premium gamers:

Let players play/replay chapters/missions/whatever if they want to play without earning coins/cash,kills/wins,basically let players play without progression.

Is not it so simple yet so satisfying?Game does not take fun away from you but in order to have even more fun you need to wait,you need to have patience.Is not it a great idea?

I know that TA members have been talking about it before,I know that such method existed in Eliminate and it worked really well.I'm sure that it will work with modern games too just like with Eliminate.
06-22-2015, 10:15 PM
Anything beats timers/energy bars. Paying to unlock progress/content sooner seems reasonable to me: a choice of progress by playing vs. by cash. Rather than a choice of progress by WAITING vs. by cash. Waiting: not fun. Playing: fun!

P.S. I miss Eliminate!

P.P.S. Now I'm hungry for an energy bar. Mmmmmm... chocolate and protein....

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)

06-22-2015, 11:55 PM
I saw a thread about hating energy bars and thought it was spam. Kenan, you came inche's from being banned and wiped by mistake.

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
06-23-2015, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
I saw a thread about hating energy bars and thought it was spam. Kenan, you came inche's from being banned and wiped by mistake.
More than once.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
06-23-2015, 08:33 AM
I like energy bars. Better than snickers for a quick hunger-fix.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-23-2015, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I like energy bars. Better than snickers for a quick hunger-fix.
That's why I keep a box of Grape Nuts at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
06-23-2015, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
That's why I keep a box of Grape Nuts at work.

ıllıllı ȼ₯ǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX • QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
06-23-2015, 09:28 PM
I agree completely. I think devs just copy the energy bar system because it's what everyone else does.

Shironekoproject here in Japan is a f2p arpg with no energy bars and is consistently among the top earners. I think people pay money in these games for more gacha pulls not energy refills.

PS

Surely the correct answer is: Bananas