★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Orions strategy

12-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Orions strategy

Alright, I'll admit it: I'm terrible at this game. I've never really played these kinds of games before, so I'm new to this and have no real strategy.

So, I'm starting this thread specifically for Orions strategy. There's already a thread about this game, but I thought this deserved it's own.
12-20-2008, 04:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Orions worlds - where's the Air?

Played Campaign on easy, finally won after 20-25 game days. Whatever. I found worlds for Earth, Fire, Water, Life & Death. None for Air.

What am I missing?

12-20-2008, 05:15 PM
I think the worlds are generated randomly so if you didn't encounter a specific element maybe it is because you played campgain on a small map.
12-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Armageddon Strategy

Use cards such as Phoenix, Demon, Gargoyle, and Red Drake which can't be killed by fire spells . Then cast Armageddon and watch as all of your opponent's creatures die and yours stay standing After that, it'll be hard for your opponent to recover
Of course, this has it's flaws, cuz Armageddon costs 11 Fire, but it does more damage than earthquake and acid rain. Both earthquake and acid rain have ways to keep your own creatures from being affected, but acid rain also wont affect your opponents creatures if they have a Poseidon and Earthquake requires a lot of Earth. Armageddon is the easiest way to wipe out all of your opponents creatures while keeping yours alive.
The other thing is that not even Armageddon can kill high-hp cards such as Chimera, Elemental, Titan, Efreet, Hydra, and Leviathan at full health. But it does come close
You can mess around with this strategy. Try using Satyrs to build up earth and then sacrifice them right before the Armageddon.
I still didn't get to try out this strategy because I'm still on day 4 >.< but this is what I'm planning to do.
12-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah, on small maps it is much, much harder to have easy access to an Orion that you might want/need. Then again, campaign mode on small maps naturally goes a lot quicker, so if you want to blaze through small maps are usually best.

For those who are just starting out with the game: it is almost always the best idea to juice your intelligence when starting a campaign. The first few battles will rarely cause you very much trouble, and you will likely not be able to buy many cards due to lack of resources. Intelligence can give you a massive leg up on the competition throughout the campaign.
12-20-2008, 05:55 PM
See, back in Magic the Gathering I liked playing control. It's interesting that you can play control with the Water element in Orions as well!

First turn, Nixie, cast her ability to gain 1 Water. Second turn, another Nixie, use both Nixie's abilities to bump Water for 2. Third turn, Ice Wizard.

Right now your table is set to gain 7 Water a turn (until Fire goes to 0 due to the Nixie's ability, but it's ok for now). From here on out, you'll be casting one Paralize a turn

You can also alternate the Paralize with spells that will lower the oponents "mana", therefore hindering his ability to counter your strategy with mass-kill spells. Curse will take away one point of each of his elements.

After the first Paralize, I like ruining the opponents day even further with Spellbreaker - now my creatures are permanently immune to mass-kill spells. And since he can't attack back because of all the Paralizes, and can't destroy all my creatures via mass-kill spells, nothing is left for the opponent to do but to wait his inevitable demise.

It works so well, it feels like I'm cheating by having so many consecutive turns and immortal creatures
12-21-2008, 08:28 AM
@ Izzy Nobre: That's one nice strategy.

Here's another one
Choose light. Build Chimeras. Win.
12-21-2008, 08:49 AM
I don't think a strategy based around just building chimeras will help you take down a 300+hp guardian. As cool as they are, they are rarely around long enough to give anywhere near the 39 hp bonus that simply casting rejuvenation would guarantee immediately (they attract bloody wind like crazy). Even with a bunch of priests, you're never going to be spawning chimeras.
I like chimeras, but now I usually focus on using the 13 life points to either raise my hit points or to deal direct damage with life sacrifice. 39 hit points off the bat is a hell of an advantage. Even if you are getting creamed it can give you several turns to turn things around. Of course, sometimes you just want a big monster, but more often than not I'd rather just have the 39 hit points guaranteed. Or save the points to hit them with a huge life sacrifice to finish them off, focusing on the other elements' big creatures for damage/defence. But then again, I usually maintain a strong creature advantage (due to a massive focus on intelligence stat). So using life points for direct healing/ direct damage is no problem usually.
Of course, I'm not denying that they're are situations where casting a chimera is a huge advantage, but I don't think they are as 'broken' as they first appear.

Last edited by AchillesReborn; 12-21-2008 at 10:15 AM.
12-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Direct Damage Deck

My Burn Deck:

Life:
Apostate (Always cast him first and do not use his ability, just pump out death)

Air:
Nymph (gain 1 air per turn, cast if opponent is using a lot of cc)
Fairy (damage opponent each turn, always cast one of these)

Earth:
Centaur (I normally just use these guys and shoot their arrow each turn)
Satyr (gain 1 earth per turn, cast if opponent is using a lot of cc)
Forest Spirit (best blocker in the game)
Dryad (these guys next to each other are 7's)

Death:
Banshee (Keep the opponent in check with direct damage during mid game)
Chaos Vortex (Reset the board when there are a lot of creatures, and then recast your cheap creatures again)
Steal Life (direct damage)

Water:
Ice Bolt (Direct Damage)

Fire:
Flaming Arrow (Direct Damage)

How to play this deck:
Cast the element generators, the Fairy and the Centaur. Fight as best you can. ALWAYS use the Fairy and Centaur abilities. If you are about to get over run cast Chaos Vortex and start over.

If you must keep resetting the board stop casting the Centaur and cast your other cheaper green creatures instead.

Do NOT cast Water or Fire Spells, limit Death spells to Chaos Vortex unless you are winning by a lot, you will use these elements to kill your opponent.

Burn down your opponent with Direct Damage once you have enough spells to kill them such as:

You have 12 fire (and opponent is low on fire), 16 water, 10 death, you cast:
Steal Life 15
Flaming Arrow 20ish
Ice Bolt 18
and then repeat with anything necessary to kill opponent.
01-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Is Spellbreaker stronger than Bloody Wind?

Will Spellbreaker protect my creatures from bloody wind and the Chaos vertex as well? What about from a spell that REMOVES useful spell effects?

Also will spellbreaker resist the Darklord's spell stealing ability?

I wish I knew which spells have precedence over others.

I'm currently on hard, level 8.

Strategy - Pumping power, medium life and intelligence.