★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sam Barlow
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 1680.0 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 1 (1)
App description: A real life crime story where you play detective.

** Winner of Best Narrative & Best Performance at The Game Awards 2015 and The Grand Jury Award at IndieCade 2015 **

"Her Story is one of the most entrancing experiences you can hope to find on mobile"
9/10, Pocket Gamer

"Its a murder case where youre in the detectives chair, a mystery where you make the running, and an engrossing experience from start to finish. With this we should consign the term interactive movie to historys dustbin, because movies cant dream of offering audiences a narrative structure as intimate and involving as this: theyre just moving pictures. Her Story points to the future"
5/5, The Guardian

Her Story is a fresh take on the police procedural from Sam Barlow, creator of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Aisle.

Playing like an interactive true crime documentary, the game lets you go hands on with a police database full of live action video footage. It stars Viva Seifert, actress and one half of the band Joe Gideon and the Shark.

"Her Story is a beautiful amalgam of the cinema and video game formats... a remarkable achievement..."
90, The Washington Post

"Profound, gripping live-action drama sure to be discussed for years to come"
5/5, Digital Spy

How does it work?

Her Story sits you in front of a mothballed desktop computer and logs you into a police database. Search through hundreds of video clips that cover seven interviews from 1994 in which a British woman is interviewed about her missing husband. Explore the database by typing search terms, watch the clips where she speaks those words and piece together her story.

Unlike anything you've played before, Her Story is an involving and moving experience. One that asks you to listen.

metalcasket's comments:

Her Story

Sam Barlow
Genres: Games Word Entertainment Adventure
$6.49 NZD

Quote:
A real life crime story where you play detective

Her Story is a fresh take on the police procedural from Sam Barlow, creator of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Aisle.

Playing like an interactive true crime documentary, the game lets you go hands on with a police database full of live action video footage. It stars Viva Seifert, actress and one half of the band Joe Gideon and the Shark.

How does it work?

Her Story sits you in front of a mothballed desktop computer and logs you into a police database. Search through hundreds of video clips that cover seven interviews from 1994 in which a British woman is interviewed about her missing husband. Explore the database by typing search terms, watch the clips where she speaks those words and piece together her story.

Unlike anything you've played before, Her Story is an involving and moving experience. One that asks you to listen.

Supported Devices:
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone6
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone4S
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 1.6GB

06-23-2015, 04:22 PM
Everyone needs to play this game. If you breathe, play it. It's been preventing me from doing anything else these last few days. Here's my spoiler-free review (as much as I could possibly do -- believe me, there's so much I wanted to say that would have ruined the game).

http://www.appunwrapper.com/2015/06/...r-free-review/

Also, here's a video of just the first four clips the game gives you. Please be kind as I'm still getting used to doing voiceover:

I also took some longer video, but that would really really spoil it. Don't watch more than a couple minutes of it if you have any plans to play:

Edit: For those playing and deep into it already, I started a guide with some useful info: http://www.appunwrapper.com/2015/06/...through-guide/

And for those who played he game and want to see the clips in order, I've been putting them together here: Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...8-KWuEc6p58qX4

I've also been interrogating Sam Barlow and Viva Seifert here: http://www.appunwrapper.com/2015/07/...out-her-story/

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 07-16-2015 at 07:17 AM.

06-23-2015, 04:35 PM
Yep, if you follow Sam Barlow on Twitter, you'll know this has been getting INSANE reviews. Definitely pick it up...if you can. >_> Yes, it looks like the bloody "Item no longer available" bug has its newest victim.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-23-2015, 04:37 PM
Wow. I'm so looking forward to this being released in the U.S. It looks wonderful, and just my cup of tea.

BTW, AppUnwrapper: Your reviews and walkthroughs are really a wonderful resource!
06-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yep, if you follow Sam Barlow on Twitter, you'll know this has been getting INSANE reviews. Definitely pick it up...if you can. >_> Yes, it looks like the bloody "Item no longer available" bug has its newest victim.
Sadly, the "it's not a real game" crowd have also been chiming in before even playing it.
06-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentia View Post
Wow. I'm so looking forward to this being released in the U.S. It looks wonderful, and just my cup of tea.

BTW, AppUnwrapper: Your reviews and walkthroughs are really a wonderful resource!
Glad to hear! Thank you.
06-23-2015, 05:29 PM
I heard a little about this the other day. I didn't read much into it because I didn't want to end up reading any spoilers, but yea, there's definitely a "buzz" going around about it. I'll pick it up once it's done being "no longer available" in the US......im guessing tomorrow morning.
06-23-2015, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
I heard a little about this the other day. I didn't read much into it because I didn't want to end up reading any spoilers, but yea, there's definitely a "buzz" going around about it. I'll pick it up once it's done being "no longer available" in the US......im guessing tomorrow morning.
If you're already planning to buy, definitely go in blind. But if you need convincing, some reviews did a good job of avoiding spoilers, while some did not. :/
06-24-2015, 12:16 AM
Out now. This is right about the part where this thread blows up. Alright? Good.

Also, might be worth pointing out that the game is still not available on PC. If you get this now, you're beating the PC crowd by about 7 hours. DO IT!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-24-2015, 12:39 AM
Is there a reason why it's rated 17+?