Universal NineOut 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by meril, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meril

meril Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 13, 2011
    Switzerland

[​IMG]

Hi everybody

NineOut 2 is coming soon.

If you love numbers and strategic puzzles, this game is for you.

Keep the fields of the board free for as long as possible, remove as many tiles as you can and move up through the levels.
    NineOut is back, with an exciting new playing mode without any time limit – making strategy all the more important.

Lay your game tiles on the board so that the total of the surrounding tiles exactly equals the number on the tiles laid out. Using this simple principle, destroy tiles and uncover hidden tiles. Try to keep control of the board. Each level offers you a limited number of moves – take as much time as you need. As the game progresses and you reach the higher levels, you will get more and more points but fewer moves.

Compare your score and level attained with other NineOut2 players via gamecenter.

2. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Looks good!
    Release date?
    By chance do you need testers?

3. meril

meril Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 13, 2011
    Switzerland
    Release will be in about two weeks. I dont need more testers, but thanks for your offer.:)

4. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Can't wait.

5. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    #5 vectorarchitekt, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    The game is great. Slowly getting better at it.
    I figure it can't hurt to ask, there are some things that would be helpful:
    1. An undo last move button
    2. An option to finish/end the game when you know you're screwed and have no moves that you can make that you can see.
    3. Some kind of occasional tile bomb or board clearer, maybe it could be earned by making a certain number of combos. Though I realize that this would not be necessary if you're good at the game and are able to make a bunch of nine outs in a row. Or maybe an occasional power up where you could destroy one tile?
    4. You have lots of unused space at the bottom of the screen, what about an extra row of tiles?

Anyway, I hope you don't take these as criticisms...I wonder sometimes if developers get annoyed after they work their asses off on a game and then have to listen to all these people telling them how they could make their game better or different.
    As is the game is awesome and I hope it does well upon release. It's not easy to make a good number game that isn't just some variation on math.

6. meril

meril Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 13, 2011
    Switzerland
    #6 meril, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    Thank you so much for your reply. Don't worry, to ask me things don't hurt me, but maybe my modest english hurts you. I hope no :)

At the moment: no. Similar games like drop 7 or Threes don't have this option - it makes the player more careful (like permadeath in some roguelikes) and particulary it's not possible to take a "preview look" to your next move.

This is possible, you can press the pause button and abort the game. unfortunately, this kind of aborting don't write your score into the local and global highscore lists.

Powerups -- once i had the same idea. With my english skills, is not so easy to substantiate, why i don't like powerups in this game. But i will give it a try :)
    If you are careful and experienced enough, you can clear many situations without the help of powerups. But in fact, the main problem concerning the ballance: A lot of good number games do not have powerups, because the ballance is simple better. For example Drop 7 (you know this game? If not, give it a try, it's a real gem), there are a few clones with powerups. All this clones are more easy then the original (i mean too easy) and extend the playing time in a unsatisfying way (IMHO).
    Furthermore i designed all the randomness in this game in a way, that powerups aren't needed. For example, i had the idea for a powerup to recreate the players tile row (new numbers). But instead to create a powerup, i designed the random part, that give you the next tile. See my reply to your next answer...

Well, you have 6 tiles with numbers to play, the last one is always a 9 and the other five will be always different. So only three numbers are missed. And: If you lay down a tile, the next number isn't the same as the number you have layed down. You see, there is is lot of random but also a lot of calculable things. A second row means that you have all possible numbers in your hand. This makes everything too easy, IMHO. But yes, the whitespace is as bigger as higher your device is.

Don't worry, you have a lot of good ideas, why not say? Particullary....

... if you say things like that. Thank you so much :)

7. superdroid

superdroid New Member

Jul 3, 2015
    sounds like fun..will wait for the release..

8. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I see what you're saying. It's still great as it is.
    Also, just a note the word "triple" has one p.
    And yes Drop 7 is one of the best, I was glad they finally updated it. I'd go as far as to say that your game could easily be considered just as classic. I'm addicted to it.

9. meril

meril Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 13, 2011
    Switzerland
    #9 meril, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Oups, embarrassing. Everything was translated by a professional service. Everything execpt small texts like this. Thought, i've checked every word. Thanks for the tip, will update this.

Yeah, i own the original, before zynga grab it. And good for the zynga version that the classic mode is back.

:)

10. czekoladowa3

czekoladowa3 Active Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Poland
    Hi! Its something like 2048?

11. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    You clear the board by placing a nine tile next to numbers that add up to nine while the compute places hidden tiles to mess with you. You can also sum up any number by placing the number that all the adjacent tiles add up to to make space. Then each level up more random tiles are put down.
    Totally addicting man.

12. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Also a note, though not a big deal because games are so quick but if you quit the app by accident or restart your phone, it doesn't save your game.

13. meril

meril Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 13, 2011
    Switzerland
    Game is out now, thanks all for your interest and especially thanks @vectorarchitekt for your effort.

Have fun.

14. DScher

DScher New Member

Jul 8, 2015
    A Few Suggestions

I'm really glad to see that NineOut is still alive and well! Just a few weeks ago, I was playing NineOut and realized that it had been a long time since it was updated.

I have two comments:

1) It's harder than it should be to place tiles on the squares. At first, every time I dragged a tile to a square, the tile would fall off. Eventually, I realized that you have to drag the tile to the side of the square so that the square lights up. This seems unnecessarily difficult. I'd prefer that if I drag a tile directly on top of a square, the tile gets placed.

2) I hope that the original NineOut game gets added as a "classic" mode to NineOut II. The original game, with the timer, is (in my opinion) a classic, just like Drop7, and should not go away. Or as an alternative, the original NineOut should get updated to be sure that it continues to work on future iOS's.

Thanks again for the great games!