★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for a OPEN sandbox game

06-24-2015, 07:21 AM
#1
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: May 2014
Location: with Habakuk
Posts: 195
Looking for a OPEN sandbox game

Hey guys, let me clarify the title, what I mean by "open" sandbox game is a game which lets me freely do anything without a limit. Let me give an example to make it clear, I apologize English isn't my first language; do you guys remember "green farm 2" by gameloft? I loved that game, because it gave you freedom. If you wanted to buy 40 duckhouses, you could do that. Anything you wanted to buy,there were no limits and you could just make it your own. That's a open sandbox game for me. Then I look at hay day, its a great game and all, but everyone's farms are the same, because you can't buy things more than a limited number so everyone ends up playing the same. Or there is family guy quest for stuff, I like the fact that if I wan't to buy 20 of the same building,I can do that. You can't do that on the simpsons game if I'm correct.

I hope you guys understood what I meant, any suggestions to games like that? or I will start playing the family guy game again if I can't find something better. thank you all for your time.

Habakuk <3 rdmd

Happy anniversary baby ily
06-24-2015, 07:24 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
Those games sound pretty bad and 'Farmville' like

I personally enjoy playing GTA. I dont always bother with the missions, i drive about from point a to point b or see how many police stars i can get and how long i survive for.

Air Mail is another where i just like flying around etc !

06-24-2015, 07:29 AM
#3
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: May 2014
Location: with Habakuk
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Those games sound pretty bad and 'Farmville' like

I personally enjoy playing GTA. I dont always bother with the missions, i drive about from point a to point b or see how many police stars i can get and how long i survive for.

Air Mail is another where i just like flying around etc !
Yeah I will admit they are not for everyone. I have GTA chinatown wars, finished it couple of times and its one of my favourites on ios.

I will check out Air Mail, never heard of it, thank you.

But overall I'm looking for freemium city building/farm type of games with freedom that I mentioned because jumping over paywalls is what makes it challenging and fun for me.

Habakuk <3 rdmd

Happy anniversary baby ily
06-24-2015, 07:31 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
I'm not personally a fan of GTA Chinatown wars, to me thats a 'dumbed' down GTA, not bad but the classic 'proper' GTA titles are amazing on iOS, just the ability to drive wherever you want, try some stunts, even get a taxi and play taxi driver or a tank and see how long you can last is brilliant. Vice City is just an all time classic

Aralon is a great RPG which came out a few years back, theres small side quests and a major storyline but i took my time with that and just enjoyed levelling up and finding different monsters. I'm never one of these people to get a game and 2 hours later say 'finished it'.
06-24-2015, 11:47 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 2,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I'm not personally a fan of GTA Chinatown wars, to me thats a 'dumbed' down GTA, not bad but the classic 'proper' GTA titles are amazing on iOS, just the ability to drive wherever you want, try some stunts, even get a taxi and play taxi driver or a tank and see how long you can last is brilliant. Vice City is just an all time classic

Aralon is a great RPG which came out a few years back, theres small side quests and a major storyline but i took my time with that and just enjoyed levelling up and finding different monsters. I'm never one of these people to get a game and 2 hours later say 'finished it'.

I agree, I didn't really like Chinatown Wars, the controls for iOS are hard to get used to, the map is literally the map from GTA IV, and the gunplay is basically running around trying to not get shot, while shooting others. The "proper" GTA games on iOS also have their problems, like not having in mission checkpoints like promised, and gun play has the same problems, as touch screen isn't what you call precise.

I have a cloud save of Ravensword waiting for me right now, which is a decent RPG in my book.
06-24-2015, 01:51 PM
#6
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 809
1) Junk jack x (collect rare items,make mob/normal farms,take care of your crops,trade with other players...GRIEF!)

2) Terraria (Collect rare items,make mob farms,make combat based arenas,summon all bosses at the same time,etc)

3) Graal online era - an awesome MMO Gta online-like game with a lot of freedom,not pay2win at all,I've played it for a year and I already have top gralat guns,gralat because event coin items are too hard to get (you cannot buy them,you earn them by participating in free events against other players) , new big countryside map will be released soon.

(Kill players around the entire city with both melees/guns,make your own gang,join gangs,spar other players with guns,spar other gangs,raid bases and hold them as long as you can with your gang,collect hats,trade rare tradeable items with other players that get updated monthly,collect cars - DO ALMOST WHATEVER YOU WANT!)
06-24-2015, 03:17 PM
#7
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Joined: May 2014
Location: with Habakuk
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan2000 View Post
1) Junk jack x (collect rare items,make mob/normal farms,take care of your crops,trade with other players...GRIEF!)

2) Terraria (Collect rare items,make mob farms,make combat based arenas,summon all bosses at the same time,etc)

3) Graal online era - an awesome MMO Gta online-like game with a lot of freedom,not pay2win at all,I've played it for a year and I already have top gralat guns,gralat because event coin items are too hard to get (you cannot buy them,you earn them by participating in free events against other players) , new big countryside map will be released soon.

(Kill players around the entire city with both melees/guns,make your own gang,join gangs,spar other players with guns,spar other gangs,raid bases and hold them as long as you can with your gang,collect hats,trade rare tradeable items with other players that get updated monthly,collect cars - DO ALMOST WHATEVER YOU WANT!)
Junk jack x is still on my device, amazing amazing game. But lately I haven't played it, because it got repetetive. I don't know if I'm playing it wrong or all I'm doing is mining(I play on hard),sometimes get some semi rare stuff when I find chests, mine for minerals. Recently made myself a brick house and that's it. I have all planets unlocked etc, I don't know what else to do. Maybe I should build some stuff or get into fishing/farming idk got bored.

Graal online sounds really good,definetely will check that out, thanks!

Habakuk <3 rdmd

Happy anniversary baby ily