★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sentence Master (by Joel Barnes)

06-24-2015, 07:42 AM
Sentence Master (by Joel Barnes)

Sentence Master

Joel Barnes
Genres: Education Word Games Educational
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Are you an English language learner who wants to improve your English skills?

Are you an English expert who wants to show off what you know?

Sentence Master is a fun and dynamic, highly educational game to learn, practice, improve and show off your English grammar and writing skills in a fun and competitive way.

Simply tap the words to put them in order to form a correct sentence.

Sentence Master is the first game of its kind developed by educators specifically for students and designed to correct one of the biggest difficulties all English language learners share, correct word order.

With four levels from Beginner to Expert, Sentence Master has a challenge for everyone from novices to the most seasoned English language speakers.

Proverbs mode is a good way to remember and learn English proverbs and sayings.

Play single player or against up to four friends or challengers from all over the world.

Do you have what it takes to become the next Sentence Master?

Brought to you by the educators at www.masterkeyenglish.com

Visit our website for more fun and educational ways to improve your English.

Supported Devices:
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadMini
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 44.6MB

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
06-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Well, I know I'll be avoiding masterkeyenglish.com.

About the fifth question I had was to order the following words:
two past It's minutes six
Apparently "It's two minutes past six." isn't valid, only "It's six minutes past two."

On other levels, there are sets of words which could form at least four valid sentences and you have no way to guess which one is correct. By telling you that sentences are incorrect when they aren't defeats it's purpose as an educational tool.

For example, which of the following is valid?

The Master Tree Project is now five years old.
The Master Tree Project is five years old now.
The Tree Master Project is now five years old.
The Tree Master Project is five years old now.

Only one, according to the game.
07-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Mr_bez

Thank you for playing our game and for your feedback.

We are sorry you feel that way about our company, and we are very confident in the educational value we create.

With 5000 sentences, the issue you raise was certainly one of the more daunting tasks involved in creating the content for this game.

We have spent many painstaking hours checking and rechecking to add all the possible versions of sentences in the game. Some of the higher level sentences do have 4-7 correct options, as you point out, and we have tried to include them all.

However, we are human and we can miss or overlook things at times. Although, this is no excuse.

As you point out, we missed one that we should have caught, and probably a few more. However, I think you'll find that this oversight is the exception and not the rule.

We sincerely apologize and are working diligently to improve.

I must say that in your final example of our shortcomings

For example, which of the following is valid?

The Master Tree Project is now five years old.
The Master Tree Project is five years old now.
The Tree Master Project is now five years old.
The Tree Master Project is five years old now.

Only one, according to the game.

This is not completely true. The first two options would be valid in the game. However, we decided to not change the order of proper nouns even if grammatically it would be correct. Maybe we should rethink this although that's kind of the idea of a proper noun.

Lastly, editing this content is a tremendous task which needs to be done perfectly.

We are looking to hire someone to help us and you seem highly detail oriented and proficient in English.

Would you be interested in talking further with us about that? What do you think?

Thanks Mr. Bez

Last edited by Joel Barnes; 07-08-2015 at 11:05 AM.