★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In Piloteer, a whimsical and serenely challenging physics-based game about learning to fly, a renowned inventor is determined to overcome the stigma associated with flying a jetpack and convince the world that jetpacks should be revered by all.

Blending elements of both physics and trick-based games, players will need to maneuver their state-of-the-art jetpack through the skies while completing a myriad of increasingly difficult missions to change public perceptions.

Players will find themselves immersed in a wholly integrated physics simulation, making the beautiful world around them feel dynamic, unpredictable, and alive.

Ridiculous failure is imminent in Piloteer, making the accomplishments along the way feel all the more rewarding. Put on your jetpack and take to the skies!

Increasingly challenging gameplay with sixty different missions
Three beautiful environments to fly around in
Career and Free Fly modes
Custom-composed, serene piano score
Silly and ridiculous physics-based ragdoll effects
Universal support
GameCenter achievements
Share replays and screenshots via Facebook, Email, or Twitter

TouchArcade (5/5): "Its hard as nails, immensely satisfying, and just plain fun."
PocketGamer (8/10): "Bonkers, masochistic gameplay."
Gamezebo (4/5): "Its about as serene as a bag of hammers in a washing machine."

metalcasket's comments:

Fixpoint Productions Ltd.
Genres: Games Adventure Simulation
$3.79 NZD

Piloteer is a whimsically challenging game about learning to fly. However, jetpacks have been banned nationwide due to safety concerns! Your mission is to prove to the world that jetpacks are a wonderful and viable means of transportation and entertainment.

Equipped with a state-of-the-art jetpack, take to the skies in a vivid, obstacle-filled world heavily inspired by Chicago. Using a simple and intuitive right and left mechanic to control the jetpacks thrusters, you will soar through the Chicago skyline with the goal of gaining enough control to complete a number of increasingly challenging missions. Everything in the game is part of a wholly integrated physics simulation, making the world feel dynamic, unpredictable, and most importantly, alive.

Piloteer combines minimalistic design, tranquil music and sound, and a heavily stylized sketch-like art style that immerses the player in its utopic world. The game's serene setting and the simplicity of its two-button control scheme greatly contrast with its supreme difficulty. The ragdoll nature of the Piloteer, physics-based jetpack controls, unpredictability of the game's environment, and whimsical and tranquil art style seamlessly align to create a massively challenging but unforgettable gameplay experience.

Put on your jetpack and take to the skies!

Supported Devices:
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPad3G
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPad23G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadWifi
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone4
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadMini

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.1.1

Download Size: 79.3MB

06-24-2015, 12:42 PM
Been waiting for this one.

06-24-2015, 01:12 PM
And yet again, the App Store is plagued with "no longer available" bugs. Can't buy anything. :/

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-24-2015, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
And yet again, the App Store is plagued with "no longer available" bugs. Can't buy anything. :/
This is getting old. I don't know if this is "the norm" now or what?
06-24-2015, 02:46 PM
So I didn't hear about it. What kind of game is it?
06-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Just reading the description it's as if the developers picked inside my tiny little brain all the right keywords to make me utter: Instabuy!
06-24-2015, 08:50 PM
Nice! It's out now!! I swear, the AppStore is a crazy place.
06-24-2015, 09:59 PM
Insta-bought just now...imps in a few..
06-24-2015, 11:02 PM
Worked for me too! Just did the first 7 challenges. Pretty tough to fly, but that's the whole point. Seems inspired by that backflip game, which didn't impress me, but this is super fun. Whitaker is a pro.
06-25-2015, 06:50 AM
Yeah. I'm finding this a bit slow / unengaging, tbh.

The physics are basically there (with some monumentally generous tolerances on landings), the challenges (when actually challenging) seem more about good luck than judgment, and - after a ten min pause - I'm not feeling unduly inspired to go back to it.

Have got as far as unlocking the second area, fwiw, which does introduce moving targets. (An interesting development). The first area rapidly felt v small. Particularly given there's only a handful of things you can really do with one core dynamic (control l/r boosters to fly straight / pull one of two stunts / land on something).

Might be more engaging with sound on, but then my wife would slap me.

Edit: tbf, I've not got buyers remorse. It's just all falling a bit meh.