★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pirate Power from Godzi Lab

06-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Pirate Power from Godzi Lab

We just announced our new game Pirate Power which was submitted to Apple. We will soft launch it first in Canada once approved.

We originally started this idea as a spinoff of Happy Street more than 2 years ago, and it became an entirely new game about pirates, fights and exploration. After 2 and half years of hard work we are super happy to announce our latest game.

Here is a bit more info about the game.
Pirate Power is about building a fleet, recruiting heroes, fighting and exploring the world. We created a unique combat system, with battles in real-time involving different fighting tactics.

All the boats can be fully customized, each part of your boat can be swapped and upgraded, adding a strategic dimension to the game.

There are more than 50 heroes that you will be able to meet and recruit along the adventure. They will also bring different skills to the battles, such as healing, throwing lightning, tornadoes, slowing down the time, sabotage, repairing and more.

While exploring the world you will be able to discover bosses, monsters, new cities, and earn some precious loot to develop your own fleet and village.

Last edited by moleki; 06-24-2015 at 05:19 PM.
06-25-2015, 01:04 AM
Oo I wondered what you've all been up to! I played Happy Steeet for quite a while so I'll certainly try this. So it has a town like happy street but then added exploration and battle? Rpg elements?

Any better idea when it may hit the store?

06-25-2015, 01:33 PM
That's right, you have to build your village and your fleet and then go fight and explore. There's some RPG elements to Pirate Power, you have to recruit your crew and then level up each hero to improve their unique skills.

We just submitted the game to Apple, and once approved we will soft launch it in canada only.
06-26-2015, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moleki View Post
That's right, you have to build your village and your fleet and then go fight and explore. There's some RPG elements to Pirate Power, you have to recruit your crew and then level up each hero to improve their unique skills.

We just submitted the game to Apple, and once approved we will soft launch it in canada only.
That sounds good and I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done with it. But aww don't Apple take 2 weeks to review games? It's ok though I'm a honorary Canadian.

So I've seen its been in beta already is the softlaunch to check for bugs or will you still be collecting feedback too? Any idea how long the softlaunch will be also?
06-26-2015, 02:36 AM
Is this in the canada store already?
06-26-2015, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
Is this in the canada store already?
Not yet, submitted for approval.
06-26-2015, 10:13 AM
We submitted last week, so hopefully it will get approved this weekend
The game is not finished yet, we are still working on some features (social, events, and a few more), the soft launch is mostly to test the scale of our servers, tune the game, find the last bugs and give us some more time to polish the game.
06-26-2015, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moleki View Post
We submitted last week, so hopefully it will get approved this weekend
The game is not finished yet, we are still working on some features (social, events, and a few more), the soft launch is mostly to test the scale of our servers, tune the game, find the last bugs and give us some more time to polish the game.
But the player's data won't get wipe in soft launch right?
06-26-2015, 12:03 PM
That's correct, everything will be kept. We have been beta testing the game for several months, so it's really stable already.
06-26-2015, 01:32 PM
That's good to hear, I'm usually pretty good at finding bugs and things. But always happy to help with a game that interests me.

What is the combat like? From the looks of the Pirates on ships it looks like another game I played, similar to kind of angry bird mechanics but battling with different abilities.

Also since its been in beta for a while do you already have a version with promo codes for early access or was it all testflight? Either way looking forward to trying, this weekend would be good.

Edit: just thought I'd edit and add that I'm looking forward to it so much because I loved happy street and iblast moki and number 2 and you guys are great at updating your games. Happy street was supported for such a long time in a time where many devs don't even fix bugs because they can't afford to.

Last edited by ste86uk; 06-26-2015 at 01:53 PM.