★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** AppVee - Moonlight Minions is yet another tower defense game that is trying to stand out in the app store. If you are a tower defense fan, then you'll definitely want to pick up this game. If you're new to the genre, then this is a great one to start with. 4.2 / 5 stars

New levels and game modes coming in the next update. Visit our website http://www.moonlightminions.com for details!

Like Tower Defense? Be ready for a challenging game with a twist!

Moonbean Studios proudly presents Moonlight Minions, a uniquely captivating and addictive 2D tower defense game! Help protect whimsical forests from hordes of ghoulish creatures by strategically planting your organic defenses for optimal effectiveness. Shake and tap the screen to unleash destructive forces of nature that will both stun and kill your adversaries. Not only will you need to defend against an array of ground and aerial units, your enemies will be unleashing a variety of special powers that include the ability to teleport, stealth, destroy defenses, spawn additional units, and heal bosses.

FEATURES:

* Online high scores: Are you a tower defense master? Compare yourself online!
* Special Defensive Powers: Unleash catastrophic earthquakes, lightning bolts and meteor showers.
* Special Minion Abilities: In addition to ground and aerial units, be prepared to face minions that can teleport, stealth, destroy defenses, create hatchlings and heal bosses!
* Accelerate waves: Experienced Tower Defense player? Expedite waves for additional bonus points!
* Unique Defenses: Build a variety of unique upgradeable organic defenses.
* Auto Save: On the go? No need to worry about losing progress
* Minimize UI: Donít want the screen to be so cluttered? Hide your defense panel with the push of a button.
* Maps: 4 beautifully hand painted zones and 16 unlockable maps.
* Free Content Patches

Eli's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Surprised to not see a thread on this. Seems like a pretty cool tower defender so far.
09-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Wow hodapp this is amazing...btw most of us use appshopper :P

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

09-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Looks like equal quality to that of Ninja TD, maybe more. Have you played it yet Hodapp?

back
09-21-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm not really fond of this odd technique where you create pixel art... then blur it. From the detail it seems the sprites were created at that resolution so why make it fuzzy? It's a good looking game... but the perfectionist in me is slightly annoyed.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'm not really fond of this odd technique where you create pixel art... then blur it. From the detail it seems the sprites were created at that resolution so why make it fuzzy? It's a good looking game... but the perfectionist in me is slightly annoyed.
have you tried the link and seen the appstore pics, looks a bit better there than the vid

09-21-2009, 09:22 PM
cool, I've been waiting for this one to come out

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
cool, I've been waiting for this one to come out
Where did you hear this from?

09-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
have you tried the link and seen the appstore pics, looks a bit better there than the vid
Yeah, it was those I was talking about. Maybe it's not very noticeable to other people, I spend a lot of time in Photoshop and whatnot so I get really strict about everything looking perfect.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Yeah, it was those I was talking about. Maybe it's not very noticeable to other people, I spend a lot of time in Photoshop and whatnot so I get really strict about everything looking perfect.
lol for you its the graphics, for me its all about the controls

09-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
Where did you hear this from?
The website and video has been out over a month.. look at the viewcount
http://www.moonlightminions.com/index.htm July 27th, 2009 Forums are now online.