★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zombie Attack! Strategies

12-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Zombie Attack! Strategies

Anyone have any tips? How to first set up, etc etc....

Usually i set up 3 cannons and a flamethrower first, but i dont get very far....
12-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post
Anyone have any tips?
Dont get eaten by Zombies

that is prob. the best advice that i could give you, but...sometimes you just have to give in......BBBBRRAAAAIIIIIINNNNNSSSS

12-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Here's what's worked best for me so far (though I still haven't cracked 500 on the leader boards):

Set up three guns near the gate, where the zombies enter from, as close as you can to the "can't build here" area. Set up a flame thrower in the two gaps between the three guns, as close as you can. Pump the guns up to at least level two.

Next, set up a gun at the lower left corner of the cabin as close as you can to the cabin, and axes at the upper left and lower right corners. Pump the cabin gun up as high as possible, then the axes.

Somewhere in all of this you can pump up the flame throwers, and the entry guns, if you can get to them without getting mauled.

You end up killing most of the early zombies at the gate. The first ones who eventually get through will be on fire and will die pretty quickly. The fast ones will likely be the first to get to the cabin, and they'll likely attack one of the far corners, but that's what the axes are for.

This, or some variation of this, is the best I've come up with.
12-20-2008, 06:44 PM
I really wish Touch Arcade had a strategy section... anyways..
I usually just go with cannons and guns and sometimes put in some blades up. I protect my house and also upgrade around the entrance... Though to be honest I still haven't made it too far... I usually get to 20 or so
12-20-2008, 07:56 PM
I got 4000 points with this

first i set up 4 cannons at the gate and upgrade one of them. I fully upgrade the two in the middle then set up one near the house on the corner. I fully upgrade that then build another one next to it on the right, fully upgrade it then fully upgrade the ones next to the gate. I then make another 3 around the house making 5 there and fully upgrade them, i make more cannons and fully upgrade them but usually die with a score 4000+
12-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I'd like to know MrBlue's strategy. I saw his post that explained small details somewhere but I can't remember where.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Mek has the best strategy
If you can do it perfectly, you'll win every time

"Insert generic signature here"
12-20-2008, 08:03 PM
My strategy is to win every wave! It's really that simple! Works every time for me!
12-21-2008, 01:22 AM
You can set up 5 or 6 canons at gate. Upgrade them to top lvl if you can. Then a gun to top lvl left corner of your house. After these, put more canons near gate, extended toward house and with 2 canons/guns left and under house if you prefer some more defence.

That's what I usually do, and it's not hard to get 8k for this new version. It's very fast strategy because you always one/two shot zombies at beginning.
12-21-2008, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cama View Post
first i set up 4 cannons at the gate and upgrade one of them. I fully upgrade the two in the middle then set up one near the house on the corner. I fully upgrade that then build another one next to it on the right, fully upgrade it then fully upgrade the ones next to the gate. I then make another 3 around the house making 5 there and fully upgrade them, i make more cannons and fully upgrade them but usually die with a score 4000+
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygg View Post
You can set up 5 or 6 canons at gate. Upgrade them to top lvl if you can. Then a gun to top lvl left corner of your house. After these, put more canons near gate, extended toward house and with 2 canons/guns left and under house if you prefer some more defence.

That's what I usually do, and it's not hard to get 8k for this new version. It's very fast strategy because you always one/two shot zombies at beginning.
I like these strategies.

Does anyone know if it is more efficient (meaning more bang for your buck) if you upgrade a weapon, or just get another?