★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Uptown Arts
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.3 MB
  • Version: 1.02
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: It's like Koi Pond, but with a cute girlfriend, explosives, lax law enforcement, and less bony fish.

Enjoy the natural wonders of a quiet pond full of fish, then blow some up to take home!

Features:

- Realistic water and scenery
- Fish swim, school, and react naturally to their environment
- Double-tap to drop in a stick of dynamite
- Lunkers don't like a crowd, blast the pond clear and see what comes out
- Local and global high scores

PureSkill's comments:
RedNeck Fishing, It's like Koi Pond, but with a cute girlfriend, explosives, lax law enforcement, and less bony fish.

09-21-2009, 10:30 PM
I posted a review on this, it still hasn't come out yet!

EDIT: My review's up!

09-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunning View Post
I posted a review on this, it still hasn't come out yet!

EDIT: My review's up!
This looks like a fun Koi Pond, I am going to check out your review!

EDIT: Doesnt look as good as I hoped, but like you said in your review Kunning, It has room for improvement
and can become something that is really good!

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp

Last edited by PureSkill; 09-21-2009 at 10:38 PM.
09-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Posted my review of this game in the store...

Some nice realistic animations and movements, even more realistic than Koi Pond. Scenery is very impressive looking too. The gameplay is very simple and shallow in concept, double-tap to the spot/direction you think the fish is heading for to drop a bomb and wait 2 seconds for it to blow up hoping the fish is within the bomb explosion radius. Your scoring is based on how many fish you kill(amount of lbs total) Actually a fun game, but not one of any depth. More of a pickup and play style to it. There are online leaderboards(local and world) to submit your scores and compete, which is a nice plus.
09-21-2009, 10:52 PM
A girl in a camo bikini qualifies as redneck these days? Boy, the south sure has moved uptown...

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
09-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
Posted my review of this game in the store...

Some nice realistic animations and movements, even more realistic than Koi Pond. Scenery is very impressive looking too. The gameplay is very simple and shallow in concept, double-tap to the spot/direction you think the fish is heading for to drop a bomb and wait 2 seconds for it to blow up hoping the fish is within the bomb explosion radius. Your scoring is based on how many fish you kill(amount of lbs total) Actually a fun game, but not one of any depth. More of a pickup and play style to it. There are online leaderboards(local and world) to submit your scores and compete, which is a nice plus.

That sums things up pretty well. I find it highly satisfying getting 12 or 13 fis to flop belly-up in one blast. (and so begins ongoing therapy sessions)

I know it was just released, but I hope the developers decide to stick around TA, I'm sure there will be a breadth of useful feedback to come
09-21-2009, 10:55 PM
One more thing about the game is its realistic how the fish float up and remain floating at the surface after they are bombed.
09-21-2009, 10:56 PM
I'll add that they did a nice job with the audio.

Last edited by rich_952000; 09-21-2009 at 11:00 PM.
09-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureSkill View Post
This looks like a fun Koi Pond, I am going to check out your review!

EDIT: Doesnt look as good as I hoped, but like you said in your review Kunning, It has room for improvement
and can become something that is really good!
Yay! Someone read my review and said it's actually not total crap! I actually put time into that, as it was my first review.

But how do you put in screenshots? I'm still boggled about how that works.
09-21-2009, 11:08 PM
I agree with everything everyone has been saying about this game and Kunning's review. The whole thing about games like this I guess is theyre just made to be pickup and play, but there is a potential to make a more deep game out of it. For what it is and what the dev meant for it to be, its good.