★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Battle your way through hordes of monsters in the evil Necromancer's castle grabbing back the treasure that has been stolen from the king.

With one-touch controls, uniquely retro-styled graphics and non-stop arena arcade action gameplay this will take you back to the great games of the 8-bit computers of old.

If you love games, you'll love this game!

Features:
- One finger touch controls with 3 different style options.
- Difficulty settings for all levels of player
- Compulsive gameplay
- '80s retro styled pixel graphics, chip tune sound and music
- Tons of monsters to discover and defeat, each with it's own unique characteristics
- Power-ups
- Boss battles
- Extra playable characters to unlock
- Grab extra treasure in bonus levels
- NO in-app purchases
- NO ads

comingTouch.com's comments:

A game like ZX Spectrum's Atic Atac.

07-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Gah, looks so great!!

07-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Looks really cool! Game Center support?
07-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Love the look of this one. Picking it up now. Ugh. So many games out today!
07-02-2015, 02:55 PM
cpc stlye graphics, like

free, first person view scifi adventure game: https://www.facebook.com/Dead-Cyborg-157189304366315/
07-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Thanks!

Game dev here....

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments. I hope you have as much fun playing it as I did writing it!

When you play, there are 3 difficulty settings and 2 control styles so be sure to set it up to suit you.

In reply to anotherkellydo, there is no gamecenter support right now, but if there is enough support it could certainly be added as an update.

Enjoy
07-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by four5six.pixel View Post
Game dev here....

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments. I hope you have as much fun playing it as I did writing it!

When you play, there are 3 difficulty settings and 2 control styles so be sure to set it up to suit you.

In reply to anotherkellydo, there is no gamecenter support right now, but if there is enough support it could certainly be added as an update.

Enjoy
Thanks for the reply, picking it up now. Love the graphics! Hope some more people hop onboard.

First of all, I'm quite impressed anytime I play a game by a one-man dev "team". I like how you made the credits screen showing your play testers, two of which are siblings (?) and your wife (I'm assuming)

I tried both contol settings and ended up feeling more comfortable with the tap to move rather than swipe. I'll be completely honest and say neither were very intuitive. They definitely work with a little practice [EDIT]: I recommend playing on casual difficulty until it clicks, but I feel like there's a better solution. A virtual stick, or floating stick might work better IMO. Out of curiosity, did you try a virtual contol method?

Either way, I'm glad I supported you. I love indie games like this. I'm sure you put a lot of time and effort into it!

If you're slightly curious about this game, try it out and support indie devs. Especially for this price.

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 07-02-2015 at 04:09 PM.
07-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the comments, it's nice to have your feedback.

If you're on iPad it's worth getting used to the swipe controls as they are more precise once you get into the game a bit. With the swipe you have to use very short jab type swipes (as if quickly scrolling a menu down).

If you're on iPhone/iPod then using tap with hands either side of your device works well.

Yes, I spent a long time with controls, and added the swipe after play-test feedback. Virtual joysticks I'm generally not keen on without the tactile feedback of a proper physical joypad (but I get sticky fingers - so it could be just me! )

Yep, one man and siblings...

Techie stuff: you might be interested to know, this is my first game. It uses Apple's new programming language swift and sprite kit, so is exclusive to iOS. I started dev in January, mostly working at night - supported by my day job.

Here's a new trailer (spoiler warning on this though)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpYpXTU6-v4

Last edited by four5six.pixel; 07-02-2015 at 04:25 PM.
07-02-2015, 04:35 PM
I missed this one last night. Spent way too much catching up on last week too!

However at this price and with those graphic, I have to have it. Looks too awesome and indie to miss out.
07-02-2015, 05:31 PM
oh nooooo... i've just bought it on my desktop iTunes and then realized that it requires iOS 8 when i've tried to downloaded on my device... i mistakenly assumed that it would work also on 7

what a shame, wanted to play it... i was a great fan of Atic Atac back in the days.