★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mentiva LLC
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Galaxy Wars was inspired by the question: What should the classic space shooter games (like Spacewar! or Asteroids) look like on a multi-touch-enabled device? Galaxy Wars is our take on the answer to that question.

Galaxy Wars includes the following.

1) Simple clean interface: no emulated buttons or other console controls.
2) Simple yet engaging (some say addictive) gameplay.
3) 48 levels (with more to come).
4) Lots of things to blast.
5) A shop (some would call it a "trading system") to upgrade your fleet of ships.
6) And let's not forget true multi-touch control of your ships: see if you can control two ships with two fingers; it requires interesting finger gymnastics.

Have a blast!

We do recommend that you turn your phone off and on (or reset your phone) right after you download the game or when you see unusual performance glitches. This is a good thing to keep in mind for all graphically intensive applications.
09-24-2009, 07:05 PM
Galaxy Wars: unusual space shooter

Greetings.

We'd like to bring to your attention an unusual space shooter game we just released.

It's called "Galaxy Wars".

We wanted to explore new fun ways to use the iPhone/iPod's touch control. We think the gameplay we came up with is unique and engaging. We'd love to get this forum's feedback.

As folks on this forum know, the app store has become large enough that applications tend to get buried if attention isn't drawn to them. This is our small attempt at drawing attention...

Thanks.
Babak Bagheri
Mentiva LLC
09-24-2009, 07:10 PM
This game looks interesting though, what are the controls like?

Last edited by Prab; 09-24-2009 at 10:18 PM. Reason: quoted post removed
09-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Yes, we are the developers.

You can move the ships by dragging fingers over them. You can fire weapons by multi-tapping on the each ship.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Babak
09-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Well I got to try the game and I must say I'm having great difficulty with the controls. Are there any tips that you can suggest. It's a little too hard to steer the ships without them speeding away. Also when they're moving it's very hard to tap never mind double tap to get them to fire. I'm going to be honest and say I'm not liking this control method all that much.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
09-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the comments

Part of the challenge of the game is meant to be the ability to control the ships.

To get them going, you need to drag your fingers gently over them. If you put your finger on a ship and hold it, it will stop.

Once you get the hang of it, it's fun to do.

We have been considering putting together a youtube video.