★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iDubz - The Interactive Car Customizer now live, codes here

09-21-2009, 11:09 PM
iDubz - The Interactive Car Customizer now live, codes here

Hey guys, Mike from Apps4Good here and I thought I'd stop by and offer you folks some promo codes for our new app!

iDubz is an interactive car modification tool that allows you to mess around with a variety of cars and take pictures and add them to your gallery. We have multiple updates planned for the future include new EVERYTHING (rides, colors, accessories, etc) as well as events like Car Shows where you'll have the chance to win stuff by submitting your creation (more details on that to come soon).

Here's a link to the app itself: itms://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...&mt=8&s=143441

Hit my up via PM for a promo code, first 5 people to message me will get them.

I always enjoy feedback so I encourage you to leave a review if you receive a promo code as they are extremely valuable to us! Thanks!
09-21-2009, 11:20 PM
sent a pm

Beta Testing:FaceRace, Hook Champ
Beta Tested:Hybrid: Eternal Whisper, Townrs version 1.1, Zenonia, Koala darts, Quadrum Colors, and iSR.
Contact me to beta test your games!

09-21-2009, 11:28 PM
PM Sent! This should be good since I use to have fun customizing my car in various racing games!

EDIT: I was too late!

"The previous Dead Trigger thread was the most reported thread in the TouchArcade forum's history." - Eli Hodapp

Last edited by PureSkill; 09-21-2009 at 11:32 PM.
09-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Ok folks, that's all for the moment, I've PM'd you if you were one of the first 5! (they all came in within 2 minutes of the post, you guys are quick!) I'll have more later on, so you'll be seeing me again!

For those that scored a code, feel free to post your impressions of the app here, I'd love to hear the discussion and suggestions!

Keep in mind that this is V1.0 and this app has some major updates already in the works. The Car Show feature will be really neat when we get it ready to go and we'll have contests to win things by designing theme cars and we'll have polls on our website. Enjoy!
09-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the code! I'll leave some impressions a little later after I've synced.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
09-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Ok, so...

I pretty much customized all the available vehicles already. Although I wouldn't really consider this a game, I think something like this could be very useful for car fanatics. If you were to implement a wide range of different different bodies, body kits, "dubs", colors, etc. this could be the key to seeing how a car owners car could look if they were to upgrade their cars. As for the decals and everything, their should be the option of choosing where to place it, as in manually and not auto fixed. Also you should have a way of implementing our own designs via photo library or an in-game design program to allow us to create our own decals if we wanted them.
09-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah, as far as a game goes, it's not really a game in the traditional sense, but once we implement the car shows (two updates down the road) it will be more of a competition in a sense. Custom-drawn decals are on the way, as is being able to use images as decals, so there's definitely more to come!

What kinds of things would you guys want to see as options to customize? We are already working on adding more of all the current options on the app but what other things would you be looking for? Ride height, window tinting, things like that? Or just alot more of what's already there.

Last edited by DeltaP42; 09-21-2009 at 11:51 PM.