★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Freeverse, Inc.
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 65.7 MB
  • Version: 2.5
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "This game is near perfect." - Gamezebo
App of the Week - The New York Times
Bring the classic American arcade bowling tradition everywhere with Skee-Ball for the iPhone and iPod Touch!

"BUY IT. One of the most addictive games on the iPhone."
Portable Gamer

Skee-Ball! Bring the fun of the boardwalk to the palm of your hand with 3D graphics, great physics, and awesome prizes. A true American classic.

With a quick flick, roll the ball up the ramp and into one of the numbered holes for points, tickets, and unlockable achievements.

Win enough tickets and go on a shopping-spree for fun prizes like a set of vampire teeth, a Peruvian Flute Band CD, or even a custom ball to use in-game. Over 80 prizes in all.

Skee-Ball is easy to learn and easier to love: Play by simply flicking your finger across the screen or making a bowling motion. Tilt the iPhone/iPod Touch to add spin. Simple to play, almost impossible to stop playing!

The NVIDIA PhysX engine delivers console-quality physics so the ball rolls and bounces hyper-realistically. Worldwide hi-scores let you see how your hoard of tickets compares to everyone else's. The Plus+ Network lets you challenge friends with score tracking, achievements and leader-boards.

Skee-Ball is celebrating its 100th birthday, but has never felt more modern!

Trademark of Skee-Ball Amusement Games. All Rights Reserved.

More Great Flick Sports Games!

Flick Fishing - best selling fishing game
Flick Bowling - Best selling bowling game
NBA Hotshot - new arcade basketball game
09-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Awesome, I love Skee Ball.

Is there Plus+? A lite?

EDIT: Read description. Bought.

back

09-22-2009, 12:12 AM
That was pretty quick approval from the announcement.
09-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
Awesome, I love Skee Ball.

Is there Plus+? A lite?

EDIT: Read description. Bought.
Post impressions please!
09-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowHow2Fly View Post
Post impressions please!
+1 let us know how you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Okay, back with some thoughts.

It's Skee Ball, you should know what it is. Flick to send the ball up the ramp and into the... Score holes

It has Plus+, which is always a plus

The physics and shadows are great, I love it. Feels like the real thing.

The 3d graphics are pretty good too, there's even a slow motion effect on the last ball, and the camera zooms in, which is pretty neat.

LOOT! You can buy new skee balls with the tickets you earn, but I believe you're competing with other members to buy them first, as around 8 items are rotated every few minutes (or people are buying them extremely fast!).

Loot is mostly for bragging rights, like glow necklaces, spider rings, disco balls, and stuff you'd usually find in an arcade ticket prize booth. It really encourages replaying.

There's a handful of achievements too, which also encourages replayability.

There's no music, which I personally prefer. Some realistic arcade background sound would be pretty cool though.

So far, I love it. Highly recommended if you like Skee Ball.

back
09-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Any reason to buy it over Arcade Bowling?
09-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Any reason this is all that better than 10 balls, 7 cups?

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
09-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Lemme go play both again, and compare.

In terms not of gameplay, Plus+ and Loot.

back
09-22-2009, 12:41 AM
Everyone seemed to love 10 balls and this even better! The loot pictures and balls you can use add a lot for the replay. I think it's one of the most impressive engines around. For 99 cents; I can't see how it won't be a favorite for many. The camera is a little lower and more immersive; The graphics are cleaner, and the last ball slo-mo is dramatic. I think it kills Ramp Champ for play realism. Five Star from me.