★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Implosion - Never Lose Hope $9.99 -> $4.99

07-01-2015, 06:03 AM
#1
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 2
Implosion - Never Lose Hope $9.99 -> $4.99



Last edited by Staticzero; 07-01-2015 at 06:20 AM.
07-01-2015, 06:25 AM
#2
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 809
Wow!That's 30 million bucks...I'm so happy for them.

07-01-2015, 06:53 AM
#3
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan2000 View Post
Wow!That's 30 million bucks...I'm so happy for them.

Not quite...

Apple share: 30% = 9 million
Taxes: 20% = 6 million

Now we're at the half of it. You need now to subtract the development costs, expenses for the programmers and licenses and lots of other stuff. And don't forget, these are the world-wide sale numbers. Money's worth ist'n the same worth everywhere.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 07-01-2015 at 02:07 PM.
07-01-2015, 07:01 AM
#4
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: On the toilet
Posts: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Not quite...

Apple share: 30% = 9 million
Taxes: 20% = 6 Million

Now we're at the half of it. You need now to subtract the development costs, expenses for the programmers and licenses and lots of other stuff. And don't forget, these are the world-wide sale numbers. Money's worth ist'n the same worth everywhere.
Plus many were from android which is free with an unlock.
07-01-2015, 07:02 AM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Not quite...

Apple share: 30% = 9 million
Taxes: 20% = 6 Million

Now we're at the half of it. You need now to subtract the development costs, expenses for the programmers and licenses and lots of other stuff. And don't forget, these are the world-wide sale numbers. Money's worth ist'n the same worth everywhere.
Wow. So, from the get-go, devs only get 50% of our money? Damn.

Thanks for that Vovin, quite enlightening. Still, 30M copies is pretty impressive.
07-01-2015, 07:37 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 292
Im just happy they are doing this because they hit the main market and got the numbers they should. Plenty of good games come out that have to bring down their price early just to stay in the market. This is a really great game and I'm glad they have made some solid numbers from it.

Now if Apple could just fix the bluetooth mifi controller issues, id finish playing through it....
07-01-2015, 07:40 AM
#7
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by scape211 View Post
Im just happy they are doing this because they hit the main market and got the numbers they should. Plenty of good games come out that have to bring down their price early just to stay in the market. This is a really great game and I'm glad they have made some solid numbers from it.

Now if Apple could just fix the bluetooth mifi controller issues, id finish playing through it....
What issues are there with Mifi support please?
07-01-2015, 08:29 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,188
Except for the fact that MFi support is limited to actualy gameplay only, it works perfectly with my Madcatz Micro.
07-01-2015, 09:18 AM
#9
What's the replay value on this game like? Is it a game you keep on your ipad, or play and then drop?

$5 and 1.2 GB is a lot of real estate, and I would like some impressions if it is worth it long term, lr if I should just go play Bayonetta 2 again.
07-01-2015, 11:28 AM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by modus_ataraxia View Post
What's the replay value on this game like? Is it a game you keep on your ipad, or play and then drop?

$5 and 1.2 GB is a lot of real estate, and I would like some impressions if it is worth it long term, lr if I should just go play Bayonetta 2 again.
Can't say about replay value since I was bored of it before I could reach the end, and eventually erased the game from my ipad because it's about 2gbs when installed.

There were some challenges you could meet on each level (which are so mind-numbingly similar), and you have two difficulties you can choose for each as well. Maybe read a review, I don't know, but I guess if you enjoy it, there's plenty of reason to replay levels.

It might seem I hated the game, but I didn't, it just didn't make me want to finish it. I still believe it's worth the buy, though, especially at this price range.