★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: HADO LLC
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 147.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Chip Beat Blaster is a rhythm platformer game featuring a world-class artist lineup. It's made by people who love rhythm games, chiptunes, and old school games.

Help Riff Radical save the world from evil catfish attorney Bill Johnson using the power of chip music and his homemade 'famiguitar.'

Chiptune music is electronic music made using the sound chips of vintage computers and video game consoles.

FEATURES:
-14 songs, beautifully-mastered soundtrack
-you can buy
-recreate the songs as you go along
-global artist lineup, showcasing a full spectrum of genres from hip hop to dance pop
-42 colorful, retro-style levels
-customizations and other skins available for supporting the project
-hand-animated sprite work
-tributes to old school video games
07-01-2015, 01:36 PM
Nice art style...have to wait until 11 pm now.
07-02-2015, 05:24 AM
After playing this for a little while, it seems more of a showcase of chip musicians than an actual rhythm-based game. Really I don't think it can even be called that. Other than jumping ducking and the occasional blocking, there's no consequence to this game other than a decreasing health bar.
While the pixel art is good, it's not great, particularly how "curved" the guitar looks when the guy runs.
07-02-2015, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adsinjapan View Post
After playing this for a little while, it seems more of a showcase of chip musicians than an actual rhythm-based game. Really I don't think it can even be called that. Other than jumping ducking and the occasional blocking, there's no consequence to this game other than a decreasing health bar.
While the pixel art is good, it's not great, particularly how "curved" the guitar looks when the guy runs.
I don't agree with this at all, I think it's a really good rhythm game that gets very challenging as you get onto the medium and hard configs for each track.

There is consequence for missing notes, yes your health reduces expectedly but also the sound/sample doesn't play for that note so basically I don't understand your logic of it not being a proper rhythm game. It's been done so well you didn't hear it maybe?

I've enjoyed this a lot and recommend. You can play the entire game without paying too!

Last edited by BomhDispencer; 07-02-2015 at 06:01 AM.
07-02-2015, 07:32 AM
I loooove the music. But watching a gameplay video I couldn't tell quite what you actually do.

I play Glorkian Warrior because I am the Glorkian Warrior.
07-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorkbot View Post
I loooove the music. But watching a gameplay video I couldn't tell quite what you actually do.
I played it for a few minutes, it's basically a chiptunes rhythm game combined with the trappings of a 16-bit platformer. I actually never play rhythm games, but I really enjoyed the few minutes I played of this.

And what's wrong with showcasing chiptunes musicians? If you dig indie games, you'd probably dig indie musicians. At least I do.

The tutorial seemed really buggy. I'll probably pay to unlock if the developer continues updating.