★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Attention Bananagrams digital game fans: As of Friday, June 1st 2012 we will be taking down the digital game. In the meantime, please address any questions regarding your existing game to appinfo@bananagrams.com. Thank you.
09-22-2009, 05:31 AM
I was playing this in RL only last night, great game, but not sure how well it would translate, Oh for an inward facing camera so you could see the look on your opponents face when you win.

I would get it, but at that price as I already own the physical game it seems abit much

Author of Splitz
Follow me on Twitter

10-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Has anybody been able to purchase new Tiles / tables???

Everytime I play a new game, my 'Bananachip count' resets, so I never get more chips - Which means I will never accumulate enough to ever buy squat!

There are like 7 other issues with this game, too.

It seems to be a buggy mess.

Starting to regret my purchase, the developer seems non-existent as well. I have emailed them twice now
10-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Can someone that has played both tell me how this game differs from Grabl?

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Not only are my bananachips resetting after every game, but it also crashes everytime I go into 'my stuff' (after playing a game, though)
12-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Now on sale for 99c

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
12-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
Now on sale for 99c

I just tried downloading this and it made it about way before stopping. A message came up that it would be available for me when I signed into my Itunes account on my computer. I did that and looked for available downloads but it still comes up with an error. (artwork)

It keeps telling me to look for available downloads and download it again but that doesn't work. Any ideas?
12-04-2009, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
It keeps telling me to look for available downloads and download it again but that doesn't work. Any ideas?
Try later. I got the artwork error with another game today, and it eventually worked. (Annoying as every time I tried downloading something it would give me the error from the broken game...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-04-2009, 05:37 PM
This game needs a fix badly.

I have tried contacting them through 5 different email addresses and get NO RESPONSES.

Finally, I left a message at a telephone number to see if an update is in the works. Have yet to hear.

This has the potential to be one of the coolest word games on the iPod, but it is severely broken.
Maybe instead of dropping the price, they should fix it and some better rating might create more trusting buyers.

BUYERS BEWARE - even at 99c

There are cool assorted tiles and backgrounds.
Too bad you can't buy any, though. All the chips you win reset after each round, so as of now it is IMPOSSIBLE to rack up enough chips to purchase any upgrades.

It also crashes everytime you go to look at your collections...and I am talking about reliable crashes.
It's a guaranteed crash every time.

I have tried uninstalling, re-installing, resetting multiple times - the build is currently broken.

Until the developers show their shameful faces and just indicate that a fix is on the way, I can't recommend this game to anybody unless it is free.
12-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Wish I read this before purchasing it

I love bananagrams and bought is since it was only 99c but wish I read this first. When in a solo game I get the following message "Your connections has been lost, please check your signal and try log in again. (NSPOSIXErrorDomain 57:Operation could not be completed. Socket is not connected). Also when I go to "My Stuff" and try to purchase an item it constantly says "Network error. (Error 03). Please try again. This is constantly happening even if I disconnect and reconnect to the internet. Is anyone else having these problems? Also when I am in "My stuff" and try to purchase things that don't cost anything it says I already have it but when I go to my owned items it doesn't show up in there.