★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Shift and combine different parts of the level, connect mystic stone circuits, activate the ancient heads and help little explorer to reach the exit.

Tiny single-screen puzzle platformer.
Original shifting/combining mechanics.
24 levels full of gems, strange mechanisms and enemies. More to come with free update.
Simple touch controls.
Cute pixel graphics.
No in-app purchases.

killercow's comments:

Shifter!

Artem Cheranev
Genres: Games Puzzle
$0.99 USD

Quote:
Shift and combine different parts of the level, connect mystic stone circuits, activate the ancient heads and help little explorer to reach the exit.

Tiny single-screen puzzle platformer.
Original shifting/combining mechanics.
24 levels full of gems, strange mechanisms and enemies. More to come with free update.
Simple touch controls.
Cute pixel graphics.
No in-app purchases.

Supported Devices:
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPhone4
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPad23G
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPad3G
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPhone5s
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone6
  • iPadWifi

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.1.1

Download Size: 15.8MB

Itunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shifter!/id1002651301?mt=8

07-03-2015, 04:12 AM
Reminds me of Continuity 2.

07-03-2015, 10:14 AM
07-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Saw this on Twitter this morning. Looks pretty cool.
07-03-2015, 11:17 AM
This is a really great game - I got it last night. Excellent graphics and music and very challenging in that satisfying way all good puzzle games should be. Highly recommend this.
07-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Bought and played through this in a few short sessions yesterday and today. It's shorter than I expected, with only 24 levels, but I'd rather have 24 levels which feel fresh than 50 that feel repetetive. The app description says more are coming soon for free, and it's hard to complain at 79p.

I didn't think it was very obvious at first that you can only move the panel containing your character (perhaps more could be done graphically to indicate this) but once I'd figured that out the controls seemed OK.

The developer has cited Nitrome as an influence and the comparison is apt. The graphical style is an obvious link, but so too is the frequency with which new ideas are introduced. They pop up regularly, are introduced neatly through gameplay and aren't overused for the sake of padding.
07-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Just finished game.

Agreed that, while the game featured only 24 levels, each level is well designed and extremely fun to play. The last few levels are truly very clever, far more than I expected for a small indie developer. As a whole, the game can certainly compete with the best of class as a puzzle game for more established developers.

A few minor graphical glitches.

The game is well suited to have a move counter to record the number of panel swaps and steps taken by the player character. Love to see if the developer has found an optimal solution for each level.

Highly recommended. No IAP is a bonus. Well worth the price!

Absolutely brilliant!

Last edited by y2kmp3; 07-05-2015 at 10:28 AM.
07-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post

The game is well suited to have a move counter to record the number of panel swaps and steps taken by the player character. Love to see if the developer has found an optimal solution for each level.
Thanks a lot for your review!

Actually I had plans to add a move counter and I'm still thinking about adding it in the update along with the new levels.
07-05-2015, 04:17 PM
That is fantastic news, bombocracker. Congrats on this game release!

Any chance that you can pre-share the number of panel swaps used in the optimal solution for each level? Many levels can be solved in different ways, albeit with different efficiencies. It is difficult to tell, without some reference, how close or far I am to the solutions you intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombocracker View Post
Thanks a lot for your review!

Actually I had plans to add a move counter and I'm still thinking about adding it in the update along with the new levels.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 07-05-2015 at 04:37 PM.
07-05-2015, 04:50 PM
This looks a lot like Framed to me. May need to check it out.