★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Iphone/ipod vs psp vs ds.What do you think?

09-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Iphone/ipod vs psp vs ds.What do you think?

I do like the iphone the most.It have a lots of great games,and ton's of new one's coming every day.And the 3gs is a lot more powerful than the psp or ds.And now "big dogs" like ubisoft,EA,rockstar are developing games for the platform,so from now on the only way for iphone is up.For one year the iphone already have incredible games that can compete with the best on the other platforms,and for the first year on psp and ds the consoles didn't have nothing good for playing.Just look at the psp,it was released on march 2005,and the first few years there was no really great fame for it.And ds and psp are really "scared" of the iphone,and because of this they are launching dsi store and psp minis,which is an iphone ripoff.Wat do you guys/gals think?Who is the best?
09-22-2009, 05:08 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Wrong forum...But the iPhone iPod Touch has great graphics that can handle very good games, and they also come cheap....You can find a great game at $0.99 (like Cheese Collect ) while on the DS and PSP they come at $30 or more.

09-22-2009, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa66o6 View Post
I do like the iphone the most.It have a lots of great games,and ton's of new one's coming every day.And the 3gs is a lot more powerful than the psp or ds.And now "big dogs" like ubisoft,EA,rockstar are developing games for the platform,so from now on the only way for iphone is up.For one year the iphone already have incredible games that can compete with the best on the other platforms,and for the first year on psp and ds the consoles didn't have nothing good for playing.Just look at the psp,it was released on march 2005,and the first few years there was no really great fame for it.And ds and psp are really "scared" of the iphone,and because of this they are launching dsi store and psp minis,which is an iphone ripoff.Wat do you guys/gals think?Who is the best?
the iphone/itouch is def the winner in this category. apple is so far ahead of sony/nintendo in portable platform gaming its crazy. i own a psp, dnt have a ds but ive played around on them and i didnt really care for it. when it comes down to it, the idevice doesnt need cartridges/umd's, everything is stored in it. plus affordability is a big factor, the idevice itself is a few hundos, but u get all that back when u buy games, idk what the prices of psp/ds games are, but im sure that itunes offers wayyyy better pricing. and when it comes to portability theres no contest, idevice wins. apple is kicking sony/nintendo's ass in this area, and i dont mind at all. i put my itouch through so much use its prob my favorite. [next to my mac ]
09-22-2009, 05:15 AM
Whats most important for me is that I always disliked carrying around my Sony Ericsson, Creative Zen ánd GBA/PSP.
Now all I need is an iPhone and I'm loving it, havent touched my PSP since.
09-22-2009, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag View Post
Whats most important for me is that I always disliked carrying around my Sony Ericsson, Creative Zen ánd GBA/PSP.
Now all I need is an iPhone and I'm loving it, havent touched my PSP since.
ugh i cant wait till march when my contract with verizon is up, i HATE at&t with a passion, but i really want the iphone..my itouch seems like such a tease, its the iphone without the phone components lol. and seeing that the iphone prob wont come to verizon for another 1.5-2[+?] years, id rather not wait :P lol
09-22-2009, 05:24 AM
I only would ever want a psp for one game - Wipeout. If the iPhone actually had a real Wipeout game, somehow, then I wouldn't ever need anything else.. Other than my pc, of course.
09-22-2009, 05:48 AM
a forum is already closed with this same topic and that was a big talk,
but i want to say things because i didn't said this n that thread,hahahhaa

i never had a PSP or DS,and i once dream about having a PSP,although i still want it because i don't have XBOX or PS2(im such a poor person,hahaha)
but now,i'm contented to have my iphone,like everyone say,i have a phone,"gaming device",music player,etc.,those fill up my needs,and what it amaze me more is what i get as a "gamer",it feels like a half PSP and half DS,

what really makes the iDevices so unique in gaming is the controls,yes it doesn't have physical buttons but it has the controls of a DS which most people love,
touch screen(multi-touch!) is there,mic,camera and even added choices are the accelerometer,compass(3gs only),etc.,icontrolpad also shows physical buttons are poosible.
see?it has many choices of controls scheme,it is practically a DS with more and near PSP graphics,

overall,the only issue is the market,not many companies/devs take risks in making a console quality game.

that's all,thank you,hahahahhah
09-22-2009, 05:53 AM
One thing that a lot of people say is:

"ZOMG! Teh iPh0nez sux b/c it haz no BuTT0nZ!!"

I think that the lack of buttons is better. A lot of people say:

"ZOMG I H8 viRtyooal D-PADZ"

But virtual D-Pads are excactly the same as hardware D-Pads, you just can't feel them.

The lack of hard controls also allows for a smaller device and a much wider option for control schemes.

The easy access to incredibly good, cheap games and apps is another thing that separates the iPhone from the competition. Nothing will ever be able to emulate the app store, no matter how hard it tries.

------------------------

Bottom line:

iPhone/iPod touch pwns.
09-22-2009, 06:18 AM
The iPhone/iPod touch is good but from time to time I still go back to my PSP because I still love the games that are coming out for the PSP. Loco Roco is basically Rolando, Grand Turismo is coming out as well for the PSP which might triumph Real Racing, Medal of honor is better than brothers in arms, Tekken Dark Ressurection is better than blades of fury. I just think most PSP games are superior to most of te iPhone apps. Sony probably realized it was easier to have games stored in the device itself and not in as someone has previously mentioned, clunky UMDs. Thus they made the PSP Go which removes the UMD slot and comes with a 16GB memory stick. To Derek, sure it might be cheaper but one is probably expecting $40 games when one buys a PSP. The iPhone is smaller than the PSP Go but it's not a huge difference I really don't mind. The multi touch sure is unique but sometimes they block your view and I don't mind physical buttons. The iPhone sure has some great and unique games which is probably why they are kinda cheap. They might not have as much depth as a PSP game buy they have the best bang for your buck. I think the PSP is a more serious gaming platform while the iPhone is easily accesible for all ages. I mean, you don't see a 5 year old playing Resistance Retribution everyday, do you? Many might not agree, after all, this is an iPhone gaming forum. Well that's my view and I still don't regret buying my iPod touch because there are a still a lot of great pick up and play games.

Oh and I just typed all of this on my iPod.

10chars

Last edited by Masmo; 09-22-2009 at 06:40 AM.
09-22-2009, 06:28 AM
everyone has a point,after all,the point is that iDevices is an awsome and very useful device but it's just that things are meant for its purpose,PSP/DS for gaming while iDevice is for great level of multi-functionality.

EDIT:if samsung will make another omnia with multi-touch,accelorometer,powerful graphics chip,massive application support,good marketing,that would be a monster,that might beat everyone,hahahahahah

Last edited by kugi_igi; 09-22-2009 at 07:06 AM. Reason: just saw a video on youtube comparing iphone and omnia,the omnia emulates ps alot better than iphone,hahahha