★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The mutant terrorists from the future acting under the guise of alien overlords have infested the 1700th Boston with a zombie plague and plan to rewrite history. Meanwhile the FBI and the knights of the order of magic have revived President George Washington and sent him into the past to save United States of America (and therefore the world).

Ultimate slasher/shooter right at your finger tips*
6 levels of punishing difficulty*
6 unique enemy types*
Lots of weapon and character upgrades*

SothaSil's comments:
Hello Guys! I want to introduce you to my new game and invite to celebrate US independence day by taking a role of President George Washington and kicking some zombie arses!

Your feedback would be very appreciated, how you like the game, balance etc.



George Washington vs Zombies

Jump or Fall
Genres: Games Action Role Playing
Free


Quote:
The mutant terrorists from the future acting under the guise of alien overlords have infested the 1700th Boston with a zombie plague and plan to rewrite history. Meanwhile the FBI and the knights of the order of magic have revived President George Washington and sent him into the past to save United States of America (and therefore the world).

Ultimate slasher/shooter right at your finger tips*
6 levels of punishing difficulty*
6 unique enemy types*
Lots of weapon and character upgrades*












Supported Devices:
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone5s
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPad23G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone5c
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone4S

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 75.5MB

07-04-2015, 02:02 PM
#2
Looks fun. I'll play while I drink this beer and chew BBQ. Happy 4th.

07-04-2015, 03:35 PM
#3
What a nice holiday surprise! This is a challenging and fun side-scrolling shooter/slasher/platformer without IAP (it's ad supported, but they're unobtrusive). The controls and physics are decent, and the combat animation is simple but smooth. So far I've encountered four different kinds of enemies, ranging from cannon-fodder to exploding zombies, all with basic but effective AI. I like the variety of weapons and effects (swords cause bleeding damage, pistols can stun). More important, the game is difficult enough to discourage button-mashing -- if zombies swarm you, your health will dwindle quickly.

A few improvement would be welcome:

* there should be more feedback when you get hit, particularly by bullets

* a level map would be welcome

* it would be great to have an ad-removal IAP

All in all, this is definitely worth a download, especially on July 4th!
07-04-2015, 10:13 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 3,244
I downloaded this one this morning, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'll try to play it tonight.

UPDATE: I got to play a little last night and from what I did play, was really good. WELL worth the download for sure!

Last edited by NOEN; 07-05-2015 at 04:17 PM.
07-05-2015, 03:12 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 13
Send a message via Skype™ to SothaSil
Thanks!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

I will try to improve the player hit feedback and I'm thinking of adding UI arrows that point you to crystals.

* Artificial- cinematic sidescroller adventure game. : http://www.indiedb.com/games/artificial
* Don't Touch My Planet! - Twist on tower defense genre : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dont...5520?ls=1&mt=8
07-05-2015, 06:42 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SothaSil View Post
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

I will try to improve the player hit feedback and I'm thinking of adding UI arrows that point you to crystals.
Thanks for the game! Good to hear about the hit feedback -- it will add a lot to the game. I actually appreciate having to explore the level to find the crystals. I was thinking of the map as a way to track progress through the level. I imaging that adding an arrow-to-crystal would be far simpler...
07-05-2015, 08:13 PM
#7
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 13
Send a message via Skype™ to SothaSil
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Thanks for the game! Good to hear about the hit feedback -- it will add a lot to the game. I actually appreciate having to explore the level to find the crystals. I was thinking of the map as a way to track progress through the level. I imaging that adding an arrow-to-crystal would be far simpler...
Oh thats good to hear. I'm keep having doubts that it might be boring and frustrating without arrows to find crystals. I'll definitely think about map. There is not quite enough space on hud for minimap I guess. But maybe a full screen map could work.

Original intention was to have the levels as mazes, with kind of mechanic where you have safe points and if you go out of safe points you slowly die. So you have limited time outside of safe point to explore and find crystals.

It didn't quite work out here, but I'm thinking of revisiting this idea with an update or future games.

* Artificial- cinematic sidescroller adventure game. : http://www.indiedb.com/games/artificial
* Don't Touch My Planet! - Twist on tower defense genre : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dont...5520?ls=1&mt=8