★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SEGA
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 254.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (11)
App description: ** LIMITED TIME 40% SALE **

** App Store Editor's Choice and Best of 2015 Game Winner **

CLEAR THE SKIES FOR A NEW HERO!
The peaceful sky village of Levantia is in danger! The dastardly Dr. N. Forchin and his accomplice, Vapor, have stolen the Emerix - a powerful amulet and all hope may be lost! Created by Picomy. Published by SEGA.

Perhaps the best looking game on iOS (The Guardian, roundup)

An incredibly well polished, charming adventure game. If youre looking for a great premium App, look to further. (Indie Gamers 9/10)

Absolutely Stunning (Next-Gen Gaming Blog 10/10)

Fly into a beautiful action adventure and save a whimsical world full of flight and fantasy. Master the wind to fly, freefall, dash and bash your way across beautiful 3D rendered sky-islands, jungles, seas and deserts.

A FANTASTIC TOUCHSCREEN HERO
Fly, freefall and fight, with the help of the wind and a propeller
Walk and explore when on land
Push, pick-up and throw objects
Master new skills such as powerful Dash and Bash attacks or use the power of Wind to solve puzzles
Spawn many Power-ups such as a Shield, Hourglass, Aeroblade and more
Find hidden treasures and collect many items
Multiple control schemes including intuitive Flow-motion controls

FEATURES
10+ hours of deep gameplay
Explore four stunning worlds
Meet and befriend a cast of friendly characters
Face dozens of unique enemies and prepare for an epic boss battle
Discover a host of islands within your village to play mini-games and side-quests to earn special rewards
Game Center Achievements
60FPS performance with beautiful console-like graphics
iCloud saving

RECOMMENDED HARDWARE
iPhone 4S and newer models
iPad 2, iPad Mini and newer models
iPod Touch 5th Generation

Privacy Policy: http://www.sega.com/mprivacy
Terms of Use: http://www.sega.com/terms

Picomy All rights reserved. SEGA and the SEGA logo are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
07-05-2015, 04:15 AM
Part I:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Is it out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Noooooo...?

YES, YES IT IS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Oh hell YES! $7.99 U.S. App Store! Thanks Casket, you ROCK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picomy View Post
Awesome Metal!

We will closely look after this topic for feedback or any other stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
Downloading so excited.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schned View Post
Looks good!
Quote:
Absolutely no reason to be thanking me.

I seriously don't know whether I was more excited to come on here and make a thread or buy the game first.
Quote:
Just played the first level, awesome stuff, I use the behind Heroki touch controls, they work wonderfully.

Congrats Picomy, you made a great game.

Hooray to all Dutch people, he he.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
A game that supports both my hardware and software? Absurd!
Quote:
Glad you like the controls!

Veel speelplezier!
Quote:
Welp...my download's done, so SEE YA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
that . is . cruel . you know
Quote:
Wow, this seems extremely promising within the first five minutes alone. I might be overestimating the game's potential, but this seems to be the genuinely amazing original platformer iOS has been waiting on for a long while.

Edit: There's a idle animation! I haven't seen one of those in a platformer in eons!
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaw2 View Post
How many install size?
Quote:
392mb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by squabs View Post
Crashes on load screen iPad mini 1st gen, any fixes in the works? Ios8.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme472000 View Post
There is nothing bad to say about this game so far. 3 control options that all work for me. Icloud saving, beautiful graphics and so much polish. Purchased and for the price I feel like I amost ripped them off. If this isn't game of the week, that's a crime.
Quote:
Very strange, it passed QA. We're on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by binlabu View Post
Video Gameplay
YouTube: video
Quote:
Originally Posted by squabs View Post
Cool thanks for that may try updating the firmware to 8.4
Quote:
I love how Roger immediately stated his preferred control method. I personally like the joystick most, but as extreme said above, all they all bloody work!

Just a charming game all around. Jaw dropping graphics, everything screams SEGA (which makes me ask: At which point did SEGA join on board and decide to publish this?), the levels encourage exploration, every single mechanic works flawlessly. Picomy, you guys should be patting yourselves on the back. Incredible stuff.
Quote:
Haha Thanks a lot guys!

Our full (still beta) website is now live as well: www.picomy.com (or www.heroki.com)

You can find lots of information and video's there about Heroki
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
Wow! Downloading this one right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Ha Ha, I have thousands of dollars in gaming sitting in my living room, yet I still get most excited about an $8 mobile game...downloading as we speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Is there gonna be an Android version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
The Gameplay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgold View Post
This game is simply amazing and well worth the wait. This is what mobile gaming should strive to be. I know variety is nice and everyone has their own tastes....but, in an App Store filled with f2p and match 3's, everyone should take note.

This is a console game on your phone. The levels are impressive and the exploration is extensive. Three types of controls to fit your style. I have only really tried the "dpad" but curious to what others are enjoying.

Congrats on the release and stopping now to go play more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prhaber View Post
Anyone else played this on an iPad mini 1st gen? I'd love to get this but having heard of a crash on a 1st gen I want to be sure.
Quote:
Thank you all so much for the amazing support! It gives us goosebumps reading this...

@Prhaber, correct. Unfortunately there is a crash during the loading screen only on the iPad Mini that we are looking into. This will be fixed ASAP so I advice you to wait untill we have the fix. We are truly sorry, this has slipped through our attention and QA but we're on it!

Thanks all!
Quote:
I have to say I've actually bought the game already, seeing as it said iPad mini was supported!

Hopefully you'll be able to sort the problem soon as it looks such a good game...really want to play this!

Great to see the developer so prominent on this forum as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebornProphet View Post
Will there be an update to add MFi controller support?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Man playing this game is great! The amount of polish is outstanding. I love using the drag controls. This game screams console quality! A lot of love went into this one. Really nicely done dev team.

Billy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekchic View Post
Backlog schmacklog... buying this RIGHT now since I just got home

This game is just stunningly gorgeous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaone View Post
This is the most beautiful game on the app store. Bar none.

The way the sun peeks out from the trees. How those same trees shudder beneath the weight of Heroki. Everything is just sublime. And the controls are nigh-perfect, I think.

I would've paid much more for this. I feel the love that was poured into this effort.

Brilliant job, Picomy. I want a sequel like yesterday.

Also, this is like some even more beautiful Klonoa, with controls that are as tight.

The entire world should buy this. LMAO!

Also, who's the genius who thought of Cuckoo?

Game is DAMN AMAZING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrackt View Post
Absolutely DELIGHTED by this game. Packed to the gills with amazing content.
Quote:
Haven't been this enthralled by an iOS game in a long time! Love it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I wish I had money for this.. my itunes $ coffers are dry. Now this seems like an amazing game that the iOS needs! The file size sounds fairly small as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmad View Post
Yup i'm in same situation already got:

The executive
Fearless fantasy
Adventures of pip super hexagon
Implosion
Lifeline
Divide by sheep
Thomas was alone

That's all my backlog and it's only for this week
Gonna get heroki next week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity89 View Post
Yeah in same boat. There have been a lot of games on sale that are filling by backlog. Will grab it next week maybe.
Quote:
That's a very very good backlog
Quote:
We are really touched by so many positive reviews and comments We can't thank you enough!!

Regarding the iPad Mini Crash
QA Confirmed the crash is only on iPad Mini. We will have the fix by today and we'll resubmit the fix on Monday (due to american holidays) so hopefully, the update will go live early next week!

Untill then - iPad Mini 1 owners: please wait buying the game untill the update is live!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

07-05-2015, 04:16 AM
Part II:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candykiller View Post
This game is a touch of class. You can just tell that years of hard work and passion has gone into it.

It doesn't seem to be set up properly here on the forums though. There's no icon or scrolling screenshots like other game entries. (not on the desktop version anyway) Could one of the mods please fix this so that more people are aware of the game?
Quote:
I've been trying since yesterday. No idea what's wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Playing on my iPhone 6. Just done the tutorial. Love the graphics. Thankful for the control options

So far so good.
Quote:
It's because the new IDs are 10 digit, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
This is really really weird. Everything seems fine and it works in the other threads you tried to create. I can't figure out what's wrong either.
Quote:
Yeah, I'm done messing with it. The last thing we need is for me to accidentally delete the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
I've modified the OP with an old school, temporary solution
Quote:
Glad you guys are tryinh! Good games like these need to get some support. Especially these lovely quality premium games.
Quote:
Having bought it already it's going to be a long few days....you Americans and your holidays lol.

Will the game be playable on 1st gen ipad mini's after the update then? I wasn't sure if you'd be changing the compatible devices list to exclude ipad mini 1's, which seems to happen in more and more games these days. The game looks quite impressive so I thought it might not run on my device at all and I was going to see about getting a refund - but if you can fix it then that'll be great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme472000 View Post
I would wait to ask for a refund considering it will be updated and fixed and you would have a game worth $20 for free. It will be worth the short wait trust me.
Quote:
To clarify: the game will run on the iPad Mini 1 by next week!

Sorry for having you waiting though, if we had known this issue earlier we would've exlude the Mini 1 in the recommended section untill we had a fix ready.
Quote:
I'll certainly wait til the fix and see if it works ok then - it looks like a great game, and I'm keen to play it. I'm just prepared to accept that a game of this quality might not work on my ipad mini. Fingers crossed the fix works and I'll be able to join the rest of you in playing Heroki.

And thanks to the developer for being so proactive in trying to sort the issue. It's being able to discuss problems like this with the devs that makes the Toucharcade Forums so great...
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
You may want to look into the iPad 2 as well, since it is similar to the iPad Mini. I noticed that the app requires iOS 6+ and is compatible with all devices, so I bought it on my iPad 2. Unfortunately, it crashes at the first loading screen. Goes to black then back to home screen. Whatever fix you do for the iPad Mini may fix this issue on the iPad 2, but I just wanted to pass along the info. Great looking game. Can't wait to play it!

EDIT: decided to restart my device and was able to get past the loading screen. Looks like there isn't a problem, and it was just my device needing a reboot! Sorry for any added concern. So excited to dive in!
Quote:
Thank you for mentioning this! We are currently running some extensive tests on both devices so we will make sure this will be in the upcoming patch as well.

Edit* Just saw your edit as well. Good to know the game works, although that crash shouldn't be there in the first place. We'll include this in the upcoming fix as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinHadoukin View Post
Really great game!!! Polished is an understatement! I'm having s hard time picking a control scheme, but there are 3 options, which is great. I like that the gold picked up is used for items and boosts so the coins will always be useful. However, it has the makings to be IAP. PLEASE STAY PREMIUM!!!!

If you are thinking about buying this game...DO IT!
Quote:
Just finished the first level and took the time to find everything. The first level alone was a blast! This feels like it does the same thing for platforming that Oceanhorn did for action RPG dungeon crawling. Heroki is a console platformer through and through. The controls are even spot on here on mobile, no matter which of the three options you prefer. I really hope SEGA publishes this on every console and handheld out there so it sells well and we see more games from you guys! Thanks for the great support here too. Made me not even think twice about buying it just to give it a shot!
Quote:
Just tested out the iCloud sync, and after syncing both devices, BOOM! There's my progress. Such a nice feature on an already loaded game. Thanks for throwing that in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrackt View Post
This game is honestly one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had in iOS.

Buy it and love it!
Quote:
May I say that I have only one control problem, and that is the fall, when you tap above Heroki he falls down, but mostly I just want to move him, so now I would advice to make two quick taps in a row to let Heroki fall, would that not be better, its just a tip, do with it what you want, its not a big problem for me though.

Game is really great otherwise, like to be in Heroki's world.
Quote:
That would work well. Good suggestion!
Quote:
You don't have to tap above him to make him fall. Just tap once anywhere. It works perfectly.
Quote:
Tried what you said but that don't work in my game, Im on Ipad air, you have to tap above him to make him fall.

But I played the game and it really is no problem, it works fine enough, for me they don't need to do anything About it, just forget I mentioned it.
Quote:
Ah, okay, I'm playing on the iPad 3 and I definitely don't have to tap above him. I just tap anywhere on screen to make him free fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raravan View Post
love this game. this thread. this site. this world. this guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobriendubs View Post
One of the best games of the year. Sets a pretty high bar for graphics on a flipping phone.

I DID flip to the virtual joystick after getting frustrated by the standard method; so far so good.

Crazy cool level design as well.

Feels like a proper console game. Which is very impressive.
Quote:
My favorite game right now. Graphics are PERFECT! When Heroki dives below the surface... WHOA! Love the way it controls. Really excellent title. Really hope the dev gets LOTS of love. Audi 5000.

Also, does anyone know what the Safes thing does?
Quote:
I'm having no control issues on my iPhone 6, looks and plays beautifully. It's kind of sad to see the low rated reviews that this has received on iTunes from quite a few people because of an oversight concerning compatibility. Heroki deserves a lot more praise since bar that one correctable oversight, this is a fantastic, iOS exclusive adventure. 5 stars without a doubt!
Quote:
I bought the Safe out of curiosity, but I have no idea what it is meant to do, or even how to access it. I assumed it was going be inside Heroki's house, but after purchasing it, I can't find it anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobriendubs View Post
Is it in the storage location?
Quote:
Originally Posted by englandfoxi View Post
Question to developers.
Is game supports MFI controllers ? if not,will any future update bring support for controllers?
Quote:
No, nothing has changed there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopicha View Post
Wondering why is the score getting lower and lower when there are more positive things I read than bad
Quote:
Allow me to clear the air about the safe

The safe will save all your collectibles in every level if you die or when you quit a level before completing it. Normally, this progression is saved via checkpoints or at the level finish so that all your collectibles are savely stored. The safe can be found in the progress screen in the pause menu when you swipe to the right to see the left screen. I hope this info will clarify your questions

About the ratings:
Unfortunately we are getting 1 star ratings because of the iPad Mini 1 Crash. I can certainly see why people are mad about that because they payed for he game upfront only knowing it crashed after the purchase. We are doing everything we can to let people know about this issue, but luckily we've fixed this and the update will be submitted this Monday. Hopefully we can push the update to go live the very same day.
Quote:
Aha! This is my next buy, because a couple times now I've died and lost all my crap.

And as far as ratings, if I could give this game a thousand stars, you better believe I'd give it a million.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopicha View Post
Regardless I also bought it. Premium game of such definitely deserve the support. The ratings does not change my mind. Btw there are some things in this game that reminds me of Nights which is another franchise own by Sega. I wonder if the inspiration actually come from that. Not a bad thing since I love that game

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-05-2015, 04:16 AM
Part III:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durduhdur View Post
Why are all the MFI controller questions getting ignored? I'm curious as well if support will show up in a future update. The virtual controls are flawless except I have a problem when I free fall it's hard for me to move left or right(to bounce on clouds) without snapping him out of free fall mode. Because when you touch the screen to go left or right sometimes the game thinks your trying to take him out of free fall. So that got frustrating I missed a couple timed challenges because of this also the hay stacking game was tough because I don't constantly have my thumb on the joystick I sort of move him a tiny bit and let go to get precise movement but the game registers it as me going into free fall. So I failed the 4th challenge ☺️�� Amazing game for sure.

07-05-2015, 04:22 AM
As far as MFi support: we'll keep supporting Heroki with future updates and content. MFi is definitely high on our to-do list. It won't be in the fix for upcoming Monday, but perhaps in the update after that.

Last edited by metalcasket; 07-08-2015 at 03:50 PM.
07-05-2015, 04:54 AM
This game deserves to be talked about. Now I'm looking forward to the upcoming fix so it works on my iPad mini.....thanks for the devs for sorting a fix out so quickly!

Last edited by metalcasket; 07-08-2015 at 03:51 PM.
07-05-2015, 05:43 AM
I just want to say its funny how Heroki walks, when he is on the ground.

Im not gonna rush through the game, I will take my time to discover everything and play for months.

Love the Icon on my device, its the best looking one now.

Last edited by metalcasket; 07-08-2015 at 03:51 PM.
07-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Glad you all are enjoying the game We really appreciate all the great support from you guys. Thanks a lot!
07-05-2015, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Im not gonna rush through the game, I will take my time to discover everything and play for months.
Yup, that's what I've decided to do with the crazy glut of amazing games we've had on the platform recently. Earlier I would burn through the few great games we would get each month. Now I'm savoring each one, haven't even finished Transistor yet!
07-05-2015, 10:37 AM
Quote:
I'm the kind of iOS gamer who buys any and everything out there, but when there's that truly special game that I know I will never, ever delete (and heh, Heroki makes it so easy to keep since it's less than 500 MB), I do the exact same thing: Play a level (or so) every day at full completion so the game lasts forever.