★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tangrams Puzzle Pro... Not free anymore

12-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Tangrams Puzzle Pro... Not free anymore

It's now $.99. Does anybody see the return of Tanzen?? It is much better, and the same price.
12-20-2008, 08:09 PM
I hope if anything, that this made people realize that Tangrams in general is fun, and are now willing to purchase Tanzen when they otherwise would never have tried it
Tanzen blows Tangrams Puzzle Pro out of the water IMO. There is no comparison.

12-20-2008, 08:18 PM
I have both games and tanzen is definitely the better game.Tanzen has more puzzles and better interface. If your going to get one, get tanzen
12-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys! Your support means a lot to me. Unfortunately (for me anyway ), they got featured on the What's Hot list several days ago, which is why they aren't free anymore. TanZen is still invisible compared to that exposure, which means very little sales in the U.S. Not enough eyes, unfortunately. But there is another update coming out in the next day or two, so that might help. They can only be featured for so long...then game on.
12-20-2008, 10:30 PM
If the TanZen update includes 'snapping' to rotation and place then I'm sold.
At the moment, I feel Tangrams Puzzle Pro has smoother controls, and better snapping. So it's much less frustrating to complete a puzzle than in TanZen.

I own both, but even though TPP has lamer puzzles compared to TanZen (mainly because TPP doesn't have puzzles that flip the parallelogram which add more difficulty), I still prefer it just because of the easier piece placement.
12-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by accidental View Post
If the TanZen update includes 'snapping' to rotation and place then I'm sold.
At the moment, I feel Tangrams Puzzle Pro has smoother controls, and better snapping. So it's much less frustrating to complete a puzzle than in TanZen.

I own both, but even though TPP has lamer puzzles compared to TanZen (mainly because TPP doesn't have puzzles that flip the parallelogram which add more difficulty), I still prefer it just because of the easier piece placement.
Sorry, no snapping. But I can understand why you'd like one way over another. Perhaps there will be something in TanZen in the near future that will make you want to play it more.
12-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little White Bear Studios View Post
Sorry, no snapping. But I can understand why you'd like one way over another. Perhaps there will be something in TanZen in the near future that will make you want to play it more.
WHAT!!?? You devs are about to kill me with these little hints all the time.
12-20-2008, 10:48 PM
That's too bad, I like Tangrams Puzzle Pro, I'd *GASP* even be willing to pay for it.

That said, after I read people here saying TanZen is better, I looked that up and just might pick it up in the future (Having gotten Tangrams for free, and only solved like, 10% of the puzzles so far, I'm set with this sort of gamef or now).

But yeah, even at $.99, I'd say it's a good buy. I was really surprised to see a game like that for free and not a Lite version or something (which is initially what I thought it was, until I saw pages and pages of puzzles).
12-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
WHAT!!?? You devs are about to kill me with these little hints all the time.
I'm working as fast as my kids let me! Most of the work left on the big update is just tedious stuff, that takes awhile to complete.

Last edited by Little White Bear Studios; 12-20-2008 at 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling
12-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeks View Post
That said, after I read people here saying TanZen is better

I wouldn't say better, just different. But I would say it's more challenging, and longer lasting. TanZen has an entirely different gaming vibe. But feel free to try the Lite version, and judge for yourself.