★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Team Alpha Released!

09-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Team Alpha Released!

Hi everyone,

My new major game, based on a painstakingly developed gaming engine, has finally been released. Please take a look at it and let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is especially welcome, and there's a free lite version available.

App: Team Alpha
Developer: Sad Cat Software
Price: $0.99

Screenshots:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4oLtl5TaV8

iTunes Links:

Team Alpha: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=328609980
Team Alpha Lite: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=328610862

Description:
Team Alpha is a fast-paced top-down action game. You play as an elite commando whose task is to eradicate all monsters in a government lab where a biological experiment went awry. To stop them from multiplying, you have to destroy all ten reactors which power the incubators.

Team Alpha utilizes our brand-new, carefully developed and optimized game engine, which allows us to have large levels (some with over 40 rooms!) with large numbers of animated monsters and explosions, and still always run at a high frame rate to ensure smooth, uninterrupted gameplay.

You start with two pistols, but can purchase many more weapons, such as shotguns, plasma guns, or automatic rifles, once you accumulate cash an experience. You also have an inventory to carry extra weapons, armor, and grenades.

Features:
- Fast-paced gameplay with throngs of attacking monsters.
- 10 levels with almost 200 rooms to explore.
- Upgradeable weapon systems, with four carried at any time.
- Automatic game saving, which preserves the entire level in its exact state.
- Killer sound effects, with different sounds for different weapons and monsters.
- Destructible level items.
- Local and global top scores - compete with the rest of the world to see who's best!
- Dual dial controls.
- Level map screen for better level navigation.
- Special grenade weapon.
09-22-2009, 10:52 AM
cool...really liking the room to room exploration aspect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

09-22-2009, 10:56 AM
DLoading now. Didn't bother with the Lite version - this looks well worth 99c - looking forward to this on the trip home tonight!

Jamie.
09-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
DLoading now. Didn't bother with the Lite version - this looks well worth 99c - looking forward to this on the trip home tonight!

Jamie.
Agreed, this looks good.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
09-22-2009, 11:20 AM
are there any videos? i can't really buy this until i see what it looks like in motoin...
09-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashzed View Post
are there any videos? i can't really buy this until i see what it looks like in motoin...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
09-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Looks cool, downloading.

Helvetica will treat you good if you take time to understand her.
09-22-2009, 11:31 AM
09-22-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention. As soon as I'm on a wifi connection, I'm going to jump on it. I haven't seen the videos yet(I'm on an edge connection) put the description and screen shots seem great. I'll post my thoughts later. It'll be a few hours, though.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
09-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE STUD View Post
YouTube: video
Omg those gun sounds are terrible. Would make the game unplayable for me.

Now Playing:Real Racing 2, Galaxy on Fire 2, Reckless Racing.