★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Eric Snider's Solitaire:Klondike -- Released!

09-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Eric Snider's Solitaire:Klondike -- Released!

If you loved playing the Eric's Solitaire Sample that used to come with every Mac or Eric's Ultimate Solitaire then please check out my newest game... Eric Snider's Solitaire: Klondike.

Please feel free to post comments and suggestions here!

Thanks,

Eric
www.sniderware.com

Last edited by Sniderware; 09-22-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Fix the URL so it uses the correct affiliate info
09-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I used to play your Palm games.

Klondike looks very polished and by looking at the screenshots I wish you could release a Tri-Peaks (Vegas rules) too.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

09-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
I used to play your Palm games.

Klondike looks very polished and by looking at the screenshots I wish you could release a Tri-Peaks (Vegas rules) too.
Thanks! I like TriniTower on the iPhone. TriPeaks is a good game. If I don't do a separate TriPeaks app I'll definitely add it to the "Pro" version that'll have a lot of solitaire variations in it.

Meanwhile... I'm busy working on the free version of Klondike. I was thinking about putting ads in it, but it seems like most ad clicks come from accidental clicks than legitimate interested customers. Or am I talking crazy?
09-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniderware View Post
If I don't do a separate TriPeaks app I'll definitely add it to the "Pro" version that'll have a lot of solitaire variations in it.
I am another former Palm user.

While I wouldn't buy any single game apps, if you did a Pro version with a lot of games in it, I would be willing to pay a premium price for it.

Particularly if it had Australian Patience.

Michael
09-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
I am another former Palm user.

While I wouldn't buy any single game apps, if you did a Pro version with a lot of games in it, I would be willing to pay a premium price for it.

Particularly if it had Australian Patience.

Michael
I can understand... I'm more of a Spider and Eight Off fan than Klondike. I'm planning to do a "Pro" version with 20+ solitaire variations eventually.

What's Australian Patience like? Is it similar to any other solitaire games?
09-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Quote:
What's Australian Patience like? Is it similar to any other solitaire games?
http://www.solitairegames.info/2004/...lian_pati.html

I had it on a phone a few years ago, and I got addicted to it.

Michael
09-30-2009, 01:07 AM
Cool -- thanks for the link. Yeah, it's similar to Yukon. That was one of the games we had in Ultimate Solitaire. Anyway, it might make it into the "Pro" version.

How do people feel about in-game purchases? I could sell bundles of other solitaire variations within one app, or sell separate apps. So the game could be $0.99 and then you pay $0.99 for say a bunch of Spider variations, or Eight Off variations etc. It seems good from my point of view, but I'm worried that with in-app purchases users will feel ripped off when they buy a game and find out they're not getting everything for one price.
09-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Quote:
How do people feel about in-game purchases? I could sell bundles of other solitaire variations within one app, or sell separate apps. So the game could be $0.99 and then you pay $0.99 for say a bunch of Spider variations, or Eight Off variations etc. It seems good from my point of view, but I'm worried that with in-app purchases users will feel ripped off when they buy a game and find out they're not getting everything for one price.
How anout do this:

Sell two versions.

One is 99 cents and comes with a few games and additional game packs are 99 cents each.

Sell another for $5.99 which contains all the games and free updates every time you add more games.

That way you take care of the people who don't spend a lot, and take care of the people who want it all. You should probably have at least a handful of game packs available at launch, so the people who buy the full version know that they are getting a deal.

Michael
09-30-2009, 01:20 AM
I like in game purchases and if you can keep statistics for each paid game then it would be great.

Finally maybe a pack? E.g. Two games, one deck and one background.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
09-30-2009, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Cool -- thanks for the link. Yeah, it's similar to Yukon. That was one of the games we had in Ultimate Solitaire. Anyway, it might make it into the "Pro" version.

They could work, although I would personally rather spend $4.99 or even 7 or 9.99 for a solitaire app that had a lot of quality solitaire games, and appropriate stat keeping.

The problem with in app purchases that have seen, and they are few, is that you have no idea when it will end. In the case of solitaire games, of which there are many, there could 5, 10, 15, 20, or ? How many in app games would there be? If there are known options, that makes it easier, but I vote for a complete or "ultimate" solitaire game.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer