★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The creators of Mr. Crab have a new challenge for you, if you dare... Join the expedition to the Nono Islands on a quest for long lost treasures. But be aware, the islands are far from uninhabited! The treasures are heavily guarded by the Nonos and their army - the spiders, the sharks, the jumping skulls and many others. And if you in some way manage to get past them, the hidden traps will get you for sure. Good luck avoiding the spikes, flying darts, sawblades and boulders. Good luck, that's all we can say. Good. Luck.

This game is free to play but it offers in-app-purchases. You may disable in-app-purchasing using your devices settings.
07-08-2015, 12:01 PM
As soon as I read 'the creators of Mr. Crab', BAM!!! Instabuy!!!! Just like that! This looks like another winner! Downloading now!

07-08-2015, 12:29 PM
If you liked the (fast) swiping in eg. Furdemption, only then you should have a closer look, or if you're also a little fan of Illusion Labs. I'm both.

While the controls are very responsive, the hero's angle at times could give you a headache/head shaking/frustration/..., and you're never quite sure if you should swipe (left/right/back) or just tap to move a tile forwards, but that's only until you get used to it...if you go that far.

To unlock the game (=all checkpoints) you can shell out $3, what i already did. Nice to feel as Indiana Jones again.

Btw, i have no idea how many levels/islands this game offers. A clearly miss in the Devs description, but to repeat myself, i'm a fan and i want them to stick around ios.
07-08-2015, 02:28 PM
07-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Gameplay by IPlay GameChannel
07-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Video Gameplay

I love this game

Everyone is a friend
07-08-2015, 04:19 PM
Rofl, more videos than imps, but thanks guys, you're doing a great job.

This is growing on me and goes from like it to love it. Fantastic adventure music with great jungle noises underline the fast and very challenging gameplay, if you're going for speedrun each level. Or take your time, but it still needs you to memorize certain fast tasks to stay alive.

I was wondering about the impossible GC times some players had, until i found out that with every artifact you collect, the time would stop for a short moment, giving you the time to plan ahead you're next few moves. Very nice feature in my books, as well as this game is playable in land- and portrait mode. If you're reaction is (very) fast enough, you even can save yourself with the opposite input you made before.

The game has 6 islands with 7 levels each, though you only unlock the 7th when you collect all 6 scrolls before. Some are more or less hidden throughout each level. That's clever done to give you some replay value.
07-08-2015, 07:25 PM
This isn't too bad of a game. Only (little) issue I have is that the camera in paned back behind your guy or girl and every so often you can't see what kind of block is in front of you. Other than that, it's pretty fun. It gets tough at times too.

@Qwertz: LOL about the gameplay vids. That's part of the reason I slowed down. I figured the world didn't need another gameplay video. (Although, I kind of miss doing them.)
07-09-2015, 12:58 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm Marcus from Illusion Labs. I hope you like our new game. I will be here to try and answer any questions you might have.
07-09-2015, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
This isn't too bad of a game. Only (little) issue I have is that the camera in paned back behind your guy or girl and every so often you can't see what kind of block is in front of you. Other than that, it's pretty fun. It gets tough at times too.

@Qwertz: LOL about the gameplay vids. That's part of the reason I slowed down. I figured the world didn't need another gameplay video. (Although, I kind of miss doing them.)
That camera issue plagues me too here and there, i agree, but it reloads pretty fast for a next try.
Another thing would be that i had to jump on an artifact tile and the spike tile behind me would leave the screen. In many games i could go by the sfx sounds to find my way out of this position again to progress, but it's almost not possible here, i don't seem to hear them enough. That's a good reason why i love me two separate volume sliders.

The "save our hero" move, with an opposite input as before, could be by far more generous. Almost impossible to trigger in time, specially if it was a sideway move.

I'm at level 3-5, and they get longer (lol as my death count) and more brain power to memorize the path is needed. My second GOTW nomination for sure.

@Noen
I miss yours because you included real impressions with your personel outspoken thoughts on (mostly) paid games.

Last edited by Qwertz555; 07-09-2015 at 04:57 AM.