★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This game is the answer to one of the most important questions in life: I can haz lazer kitty? Yes you can!

Shooting Stars is a refreshing colorful and funny take on the classic arcade shoot'em up, bullet hell, shmup, space invader like, whatever you want to call it but finally, with evil aliens disguised as superstars, cats and rainbow lazers. Superstars like Justin Belieber, PewDerPie, Kanye East and many more.

Did you just say rainbow lazers? Yes! Rainbow freakin lazers!
Shooting Stars has over 50 stunning ultimate weapons and items to collect. Every item will completely change the way you play. Dont be afraid to use attacks like Clone Warriors, Freedom Sheeps, a Ro-Cat launcher, the Disco of Doom and so much more. Every game you play will be completely different. And the best part is, pay once play forever!

Save planet earth in various game modes. Challenge your friends with daily generated levels or go at it alone in the rogue like Card Hunt mode.
Shooting Stars is the complete package of quirky internet awesomeness and shootem up retro feeling.

FEATURES:
* over 20 celebrity bosses
* challenge your friends in a global and daily highscore battle
* collect up to 50 amazing ultimate attacks and superfoods
* stack superfoods for ultimate destruction
* two different game modes
* 16 beautiful collectible cards
* roguelike elements
* thrilling soundtrack with stunning sound effects
* weird and funny satire on pop culture
* every game will be totally different
* ride a freakin hoverboard
* Game Center Achievements
* Rainbow Unicorn Approved

killercow's comments:

07-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Game of the week by far ^^ I was part of the beta testing and all I can say is that this is the game we've all been waiting for! I absolutely love it!!!

07-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Been looking forward to this, glad to see it supports my device.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
07-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Gameplay Video

07-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Let's just say that if the screenshots and app description make this seem like something you're going to love to bits and pieces, definitely don't hesistate picking this up the moment it's out. It definitely doesn't disappoint, plays as great as it looks and doesn't have an IAP in sight. Plus, it looks like the developer and publisher are looking to add in more characters over time. That, is something to support.

Also, seriously...whenever you feel like you've seen everything the game has to offer, something new pops up!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-08-2015, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Let's just say that if the screenshots and app description make this seem like something you're going to love to bits and pieces, definitely don't hesistate picking this up the moment it's out. It definitely doesn't disappoint, plays as great as it looks and doesn't have an IAP in sight. Plus, it looks like the developer and publisher are looking to add in more characters over time. That, is something to support.

Also, seriously...whenever you feel like you've seen everything the game has to offer, something new pops up!
Totally agree!
07-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Beta tested this and loved it.. Glad it's a premium title.. Good luck noodlecake studio
07-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano1084 View Post
Beta tested this and loved it.. Glad it's a premium title.. Good luck noodlecake studio
The lovely folks at Noodlecake published this, but Bloodirony Games are the developers.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Gotcha @metalcasket, good luck to everyone involved.. Buying this the second it drops in the U.S.
07-08-2015, 10:20 AM
Really liking what i see, except the blurb that says "roguelike." :P

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword