Official ELIMINATE Thread - 4 Player Online FPS [Will be FREE] [APPROVED]

View Poll Results: TouchArcade asks, will you download ELIMINATE?
Yes 466 91.02%
No 24 4.69%
Don't know yet 22 4.30%
Voters: 512. You may not vote on this poll
09-22-2009, 01:47 PM
#11
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: OKC, Oklahoma
Posts: 305
Yes...bring it, bitches!

Thanks Mj for being active here and for your efforts. Really looking forward to playing this soon!!


And PLEASE keep this thread on-topic. We don't need to hear any more from those of you that want to bitch about ngmoco's credit system for this game. It's pointless...the system is in place so accept it, move on and quit crying like a bunch of children. And if you want to waste your time arguing about Gameloft, there are plenty of other threads to do so.

Favorites: Real Racing - FIFA - Low Grav 2 - Skies of Glory - GT Motor Academy - Rogue Planet - F.A.S.T. - Command&Conquer - Tiger Woods - Jet Car Stunts - Real Tennis - Star Battalion - Seven Swords
09-22-2009, 01:59 PM
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
The other one was a wasteland of pages upon pages of the same people who always complain about Gameloft complaining about Gameloft in an ngmoco thread. Letting MJ post an official thread and just closing the other one instead of deleting dozens of posts made more sense.
I`m not much of a fan of these upcoming threads either and rarely ever check them out, especially if it`s more than 50 odd posts. You seriously cant expect anyone to discuss about something which doesnt really exist for them yet. It`s bound to go off topic.

The only real thing of interest right now is when it`ll be out. OK, thanx to apple approval hell you cant be sure of the exact date but the least a dev can do is if it`s been submitted or what is the ETA on submission. Other than that the upcoming thread will have nothing but spam.

Not exactly sure if this post is off topic too. Feel free to delete if that helps keep the thread clean.

09-22-2009, 02:02 PM
#13
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Nowhere, CA
Posts: 263
man o man........eliminate

this team they got at ngmoco is really doing nothin but annoying everybody.

first....they royaly screwed up by announcing the realease of this WITH the 3.0 update.......then they disappear for a while.......then they come back with "news" that we all figured out for ourselves before.......and now......since they waited for so long.....it doesnt seem as appealing as other upcoming titles. waiting for nova...

as for the in-app purchases.....i dunno....

it looked cool......months n months ago.....but honestly dont care too much about it anymore.they took waaaaayyyyy too long.but when it comes out.....well see.

just throwin in my 2 pennies...
09-22-2009, 02:04 PM
#14
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: The Emerald Isle
Posts: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabag323 View Post
Only 4 player? Does that include bots?
Can you tell us how much it will be priced?

LOL. It's hilarious how the slogan is, "Bring it. Anytime. Anywhere," when really, since almost half of the iDevice userbase uses iPod Touches, it's more like, "Bring it. But only if you have WiFi.
The game is quite clearly directed towards the iPhone market which, believe it or not, is fairly large. There is also -as mjmoco pointed out- a practice mode with bots.

Life Is Too Short To Be Wordy

Last edited by The Game Reaper; 09-22-2009 at 02:06 PM.
09-22-2009, 02:09 PM
#15
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: +50° 48' 49.35", -2° 28' 28.71"
Posts: 7,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
man o man........eliminate

this team they got at ngmoco is really doing nothin but annoying everybody.

first....they royaly screwed up by announcing the realease of this WITH the 3.0 update.......then they disappear for a while.......then they come back with "news" that we all figured out for ourselves before.......and now......since they waited for so long.....it doesnt seem as appealing as other upcoming titles. waiting for nova...

as for the in-app purchases.....i dunno....

it looked cool......months n months ago.....but honestly dont care too much about it anymore.they took waaaaayyyyy too long.but when it comes out.....well see.
Yeah I am pretty pissed with ngmoco:-( right now. I just hate the fact that they have changed the name/gameplay loads of times and they have been keeping us waiting for bloody ages. Now we discover it is only 4 player online. Well that's just great . I'll see how this one turns out, but I'm honestly not expecting much. Love the Rolando series though,
ngmoco:-( should just focus on them IMO.

Hakuna Matata
09-22-2009, 02:14 PM
#16
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,267,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game Reaper View Post
The game is quite clearly directed towards the iPhone market which, believe it or not, is fairly large. There is also -as mjmoco pointed out- a practice mode with bots.
Yep, and there's a ton of games that are doing very well that work much better with the connectivity of the iPhone versus the iPod Touch. I was at a talk given by the "With Friends" guys at GDC. They have 50,000 active users per day. The average user spends 1.5 hours playing per DAY. Everything you do in Words With Friends and Chess With Friends requires network connectivity. Their games are remarkably successful, it's hard to find many more examples of multiplayer games like that which have been able to maintain their online community.

There's not much reason to think that Eliminate wouldn't see similar success.
09-22-2009, 02:22 PM
#17
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 653
I actually think the maximum of 4 players is great. I hate how on PS3/xbox online death matches are filled with people. You can hardly think and bam, you've gotten blown away by 20 million people shooting you at once. At least this will give people a bit of space to actually enjoy and look for their prey.

N Rick
09-22-2009, 02:23 PM
#18
Joined: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,267,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by efp1 View Post
I actually think the maximum of 4 players is great. I hate how on PS3/xbox online death matches are filled with people. You can hardly think and bam, you've gotten blown away by 20 million people shooting you at once. At least this will give people a bit of space to actually enjoy and look for their prey.
It also all comes down to map size. 4 players in a small map can be just as fun as 32 people in a large map. I wonder how many of you guys were around when 4 player multiplayer was a pretty amazing feat.
09-22-2009, 02:23 PM
#19
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: OKC, Oklahoma
Posts: 305
Well, using a little common sense:

The last countdown timer ends a week from tomorrow (30th) which is the last day of September and I'm guessing it will be out that next day which is the 1st because as some people pointed out that hidden in the code on that page it says "coming in October." I would like to think the countdown is to signify when it's close to being released but I could be wrong.

Favorites: Real Racing - FIFA - Low Grav 2 - Skies of Glory - GT Motor Academy - Rogue Planet - F.A.S.T. - Command&Conquer - Tiger Woods - Jet Car Stunts - Real Tennis - Star Battalion - Seven Swords

Last edited by twentyone; 09-22-2009 at 05:26 PM.
09-22-2009, 02:34 PM
#20
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: +50° 48' 49.35", -2° 28' 28.71"
Posts: 7,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
It also all comes down to map size. 4 players in a small map can be just as fun as 32 people in a large map. I wonder how many of you guys were around when 4 player multiplayer was a pretty amazing feat.
Hmmm, I don't know.
I mean, 2 vs 2 is definately better than 1 vs 1. But I still think a minimum of 3 vs 3 is about right. That way, if you have one team mate who is really crap/dopey the at least you have another one to fall back on when the shit hits the fan. From my experience on CS:S, I would say that 3-5 on each team is about right (depending on the map size of course). But then again, presumably, the maps won't even be as big as the smallest CS:S maps.

Hakuna Matata