Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

View Poll Results: TouchArcade asks, will you download ELIMINATE?
Yes 466 91.02%
No 24 4.69%
Don't know yet 22 4.30%
Voters: 512. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 02:41 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

It comes down to playability and lag issues. This is playable over 3G, so a four player limit would help keep the framerate stable.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:47 PM

drop the freaky grapeling hook!!!
Old 09-22-2009, 02:55 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Why does everybody have to come in this thread and say I will wait for Nova? Why can't you be excited for both or stick to the nova thread?

Last edited by Will090; 09-22-2009 at 02:59 PM..
Old 09-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will090 View Post
Why does everybody have to come in this thread and say I will wait for Nova? Why can't you be excited for both or stick to the nova thread?
Not one person has said a thing about Nova in this thread .
But seeing as nobody else has said anything, I'll start.
I am expecting Nova to be better, but I still have hope for this game.
There you go, wasn't so painful after all, was it?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Yep, and there's a ton of games that are doing very well that work much better with the connectivity of the iPhone versus the iPod Touch. I was at a talk given by the "With Friends" guys at GDC. They have 50,000 active users per day. The average user spends 1.5 hours playing per DAY. Everything you do in Words With Friends and Chess With Friends requires network connectivity. Their games are remarkably successful, it's hard to find many more examples of multiplayer games like that which have been able to maintain their online community.

There's not much reason to think that Eliminate wouldn't see similar success.
It could see less, It also depends on the pricing. Eventually, yes, it will probably be just as popular as the with friends games, but if they price it at 10 bucks, It probably wont have as many people for a year, mostly the die hard iphone gamers will get it, instead of finding the casual market like the with friends games did.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:15 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Not one person has said a thing about Nova in this thread .
But seeing as nobody else has said anything, I'll start.
I am expecting Nova to be better, but I still have hope for this game.
There you go, wasn't so painful after all, was it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
man o man........eliminate

this team they got at ngmoco is really doing nothin but annoying everybody.

first....they royaly screwed up by announcing the realease of this WITH the 3.0 update.......then they disappear for a while.......then they come back with "news" that we all figured out for ourselves before.......and now......since they waited for so long.....it doesnt seem as appealing as other upcoming titles. waiting for nova...

as for the in-app purchases.....i dunno....

it looked cool......months n months ago.....but honestly dont care too much about it anymore.they took waaaaayyyyy too long.but when it comes out.....well see.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:20 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Yeah I am pretty pissed with ngmoco:-( right now. I just hate the fact that they have changed the name/gameplay loads of times and they have been keeping us waiting for bloody ages. Now we discover it is only 4 player online. Well that's just great . I'll see how this one turns out, but I'm honestly not expecting much. Love the Rolando series though,
ngmoco:-( should just focus on them IMO.

Yeah, Ngmoco is annoyng me too, they've made too much hype over this game with the name changing, dumb "commercials, and this extremely long wait, I don't even think this game will meet up to the hype it's gotten, Eliminate is like a much better version iFPS online with 4 players, so there goes your "originality".
Old 09-22-2009, 03:23 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
It could see less, It also depends on the pricing. Eventually, yes, it will probably be just as popular as the with friends games, but if they price it at 10 bucks, It probably wont have as many people for a year, mostly the die hard iphone gamers will get it, instead of finding the casual market like the with friends games did.
Yes, online multiplayer games that are priced high are often overlooked by the majority of the appstore crowd. Eliminate however, has a different business model. They price it low and make a profit through DLC. It remains to be seen if it's going to be fair. It sounds just to me (although that's probably just me being a fanboy), it's hard to tell with limited data.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:23 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will090 View Post
That's just ONE person. Not really everybody. And even if they brought Nova in this discussion, it makes sense.

Comparing FPS's to other FPS's, when was that against the rules...

"Lik, zomg! i jus cant wait 4 dis n that halo nova thingy by that gamloft company. i haz all da fpsss on my itouch, but thzi llooks mzaing! . i actully think nova willl be betta cuz of the storii. u kno wt i maen? thiz juz needz a story n it''ll be perFct!"

^^ Omg the end of the world! I just compared 2 FPS's in the FPS thread!!

Lol, just kidding. I just don't think you should be upset if you're comparing Nova to this.

Anyways, at first, I was a little bummed out on it being 4 Players onlnie, but it might be for the better. Maybe less lag, or maybe it's more fun without 20 people in one map. Maybe the iPod can't handle huge maps with 15 players.

If it's by ngmoco, I'm pretty sure it'll be good. They will do what's best, and I know they aren't lazy. They make polished/quality games.

I am looking forward to this, even though it has no story. Nova will, but this might be better based on the graphics. (whoops, I just compared Nova to this! aaahh )..

Again, just kidding, there's just nothing wrong to bring in another iPod Touch/iPhone FPS
Old 09-22-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim View Post
That's just ONE person. Not really everybody. And even if they brought Nova in this discussion, it makes sense.

Comparing FPS's to other FPS's, when was that against the rules...

"Lik, zomg! i jus cant wait 4 dis n that halo nova thingy by that gamloft company. i haz all da fpsss on my itouch, but thzi llooks mzaing! . i actully think nova willl be betta cuz of the storii. u kno wt i maen? thiz juz needz a story n it''ll be perFct!"

^^ Omg the end of the world! I just compared 2 FPS's in the FPS thread!!

Lol, just kidding. I just don't think you should be upset if you're comparing Nova to this.

Anyways, at first, I was a little bummed out on it being 4 Players onlnie, but it might be for the better. Maybe less lag, or maybe it's more fun without 20 people in one map. Maybe the iPod can't handle huge maps with 15 players.

If it's by ngmoco, I'm pretty sure it'll be good. They will do what's best, and I know they aren't lazy. They make polished/quality games.

I am looking forward to this, even though it has no story. Nova will, but this might be better based on the graphics. (whoops, I just compared Nova to this! aaahh )..

Again, just kidding, there's just nothing wrong to bring in another iPod Touch/iPhone FPS
There is nothing wrong with comparing multiple FPS but at least wait until they COME OUT! Anyway, I have a Touch so I'll need to see how good the practice mode is before buying...

Closed Thread