★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Strap on your jetpack and grab your lance it's time for Jetpack Joust! See how many floors you can climb while battling enemies and keeping your fuel tanks full.

The mechanics are simple: pick from six different characters and joust your way past enemies by bumping into them from above and knocking off their jetpacks. The simple controls allow for a fun yet challenging gameplay experience.

Features:

* 6 unique characters that can be unlocked by collecting coins
* Bump into enemies from above to knock off their jetpacks
* Collect special items like magnets and bombs
* Watch out for quick strike enemies
* Defeat two enemies in a row without touching the controls for the Bonus Fuel Combo
* Simple but challenging gameplay
* Collect fuel to extend gameplay
* Challenge friends for the top score

Boardumb's comments:

07-08-2015, 04:31 PM
* TouchArcade's Preview of Jetpack Joust by the Carter Dotson: http://toucharcade.com/2015/05/15/jetpack-joust-trailer

Hey everyone,

This is Matt, from Rondo Rocket Games, the developer of Jetpack Joust. I'l be hanging around the TA forums so if anyone has questions, comments or feedback I'd love to hear it! I also posted a linked at the top of a TA preview.

Thanks!
- RR

RondoRocket Games @ www.rondorocket.com

Last edited by RondoRocket; 07-10-2015 at 01:35 PM.

07-08-2015, 07:41 PM
So far I've only payed a little bit of it, but it's actually pretty cool. Controls work well, nice pixel art. It would be nice to see upgrades in the game. Like longer/more powerful joust thingies. (That's what they're called right?) I'm not sure if the different characters act/react differently or not, but that would be cool. Either way, the game is pretty fun as it is.

Oh, also, is there an IAP to get rid of ads?
07-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Video Gameplay

Everyone is a friend
07-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
So far I've only payed a little bit of it, but it's actually pretty cool. Controls work well, nice pixel art. It would be nice to see upgrades in the game. Like longer/more powerful joust thingies. (That's what they're called right?) I'm not sure if the different characters act/react differently or not, but that would be cool. Either way, the game is pretty fun as it is.

Oh, also, is there an IAP to get rid of ads?
Thanks, NOEN! Great feedback! Very happy to hear you like the controls and art. Currently the different characters is just a visual change but I like the idea of giving them slightly different control characteristics - faster, heavier, etc.! And no there is currently no IAP to remove ads but if there are enough requests I'd be happy to add it in.

@binlablu cool gameplay video!

07-08-2015, 09:55 PM
My post from the upcoming thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Got an advance copy from the dev and this is a fun little bite size game with a nostalgic twist. Growing up Joust was one of my favorite arcade games, in JJ you attack from above just as in Joustbut that's where the similarity ends. Where in the original you were clearing levels and collecting eggs this version finds you climbing up a scaffold level by level with each one having more evil doers who, when bested, drop coins and magnets and bombs (not found a bomb yet). This becomes a 'how far can you climb' challenge with occasional twists added like electrified floors. Coins collected help buy new skins which can also be purchased to support the developer. All in all this is a fun little game that anyone that enjoys Joust or Super Crate Box will enjoy. By the way I'm currently number two in the world with 18 floors.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
07-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
My post from the upcoming thread:
Thanks for reposting, CygnetSeven! You're awesome!

07-09-2015, 11:32 AM
This is a great little game. Love the graphics. I would definitely pay to remove ads.
07-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Saw the name and insta-download. Imps to come
07-09-2015, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSNellie View Post
This is a great little game. Love the graphics. I would definitely pay to remove ads.
Hi PBSNellie! Thank you so much, glad you like the game! And thanks for the vote to have an option to remove ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief78 View Post
Saw the name and insta-download. Imps to come
Looking forward to hearing what you think, chief78! Nice to know the name caught your attention.

Oh, and CygnetSeven's review a few posts up mentioned he didn't find a bomb yet. You have to defeat 2 red enemies without sustaining any damage. So once you collect a magnet you can't get hit by an enemy until you defeat another red enemy and he'll drop a bomb. Hope that helps.

Last edited by RondoRocket; 07-09-2015 at 01:24 PM.