★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What is the SINGLE best game

12-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
What is the SINGLE best game

I have a little money in my iTunes account, so I need to know. What is the single best game on the App Store.

I already have Rolando.
12-20-2008, 09:16 PM
This can be tricky... what do you mean by BEST?

Best graphics?

The most replay value?

Most unique use of the hardware?

Best cost-benefit ratio?

Help us out a bit. Depending on the category you're looking for, there could be several "single best game", you know what I'm saying?

12-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyNobre View Post
This can be tricky... what do you mean by BEST?

Best graphics?

The most replay value?

Most unique use of the hardware?

Best cost-benefit ratio?

Help us out a bit. Depending on the category you're looking for, there could be several "single best game", you know what I'm saying?
Your favorite. What ever it is. Just name me the game that you like the best. The price is irrelevant. I see your point there.
12-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio
best graphics is obvious

best game , depend on what you like ... tell us more!

Alexandre leboucher - Agharta studio
Designer of 1112
Check out my twitter for latest updates!
12-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Rolando.

R-Fly

Founder of RazorianFly.com Co-Founder of RFly.Me. Shorten URLs on your iPhone Contact Me Twitter @razorianfly Plus+ User: razorianfly
12-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aghartastudio View Post
best graphics is obvious

best game , depend on what you like ... tell us more!
Haha. I still don't have 1112. I may have to consider it, but I don't like adventure games much.
12-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
Your favorite. What ever it is. Just name me the game that you like the best. The price is irrelevant.
Roger that. I'll say that, right now, it's Orions.

It was extremely well priced when I bought it ($2), it shows amazing amounts of polish and content, it is downright addictive, and it suits both long sessions of hardcore playing, and quick bursts while waiting for the train or sitting in line.

Most well rounded purchase so far. I'll tell you this much - I never played a cellphone game sitting at home before. And I certainly never put 10+ hours into a cellphone game before, either.

I think that's why I love this game. I bought it on a whim, and before I knew it, I was sitting on my couch playing it for almost two hours. It marked the moment when I realized "holy shit, the iPhone CAN be a gaming device!"

Last edited by IzzyNobre; 12-20-2008 at 09:24 PM.
12-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Ohh, well. This is odd, but I have $20 to spend. I guess just name your favorite. But add a few that add up to less than $20. Sorry about that. Orions looks kind of dumb, a second opinion on this one.
12-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Games that don't have girlfriends?
12-20-2008, 09:32 PM
Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio
I'd say Orion too btw, I played a lot of this game, it's the best you can have for the price...

Alexandre leboucher - Agharta studio
Designer of 1112
Check out my twitter for latest updates!