★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 100.6 MB
  • Version: 1.9.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3.7 (3)
App description: ** Selected as one of the Best Games of 2015 and Editor's Choice on iPhone, iPad and Apple TV! **

Embark on amazing adventures through legendary worlds on a quest to rescue the Incrediballs!

The enchanted forest is in trouble; the ancient eggs that sustain the sacred tree have been stolen and scattered across the world.

From haunted medieval castles to the mythical worlds of Olympus, Rayman, our fearless adventurer, and Barbara, his Viking companion, set out in search of the Incrediballs eggs to breathe new life into the sacred tree!

FEATURES
· Experience an exciting mix between ACTION and EXPLORATION
· SEEK OUT and COLLECT all of the Incrediballs and bring them home
· Unleash the POWER of the Incrediballs to conquer epic adventures!
· CARE for the Incrediballs: feed them, play with them and even MAKE MUSIC together
· GROW the tallest TREE in the world and soar above the COMPETITION!
· Set off on a gorgeous adventure with AMAZING VISUALS

Jump into the action and battle minotaurs, bandits and many other monsters in Rayman Adventures!

PLEASE NOTE
Rayman Adventures is free to play, but you can choose to purchase in-game items which will charge your iTunes account. You can disable in-app purchases by adjusting your device settings.

metalcasket's comments:

07-10-2015, 03:16 AM
So huh, it's both a runner AND a level-based game. Rayman auto-runs, but you can go forwards and backwards in the levels, and you have things to collect and whatnot. Interesting approach. Wasn't sure based on the announcement if this would be another Rayman Jungle Run or what!

I gave three and half stars to your favorite game.

07-10-2015, 03:20 AM
We lost Rayman but we gained Heroki, I don't mind the trade at all.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—
07-10-2015, 03:27 AM
Can't wait to see some gameplay for this. Also it's kinda weird the description states it doesn't run on Mini atm, but it says it does in the supported section...
07-10-2015, 03:30 AM
It's not an endless runner, in fact it's just the opposite. The levels feel even shorter than Jungle Run or Fiesta Run. There are also a ton of menus to navigate through (and the tutorial forces you to see it all).

The platforming is very similar to Fiesta Run where you're collecting lums or whatever they are called now. The amount to collect varies by level. There are creatures you save by unlocking eggs which give you similar powers to those in Fiesta Run. You find eggs by playing and can hatch them by either waiting or spending gems which are earned by finding more lums. More lums found per level = more gems = hatch eggs quicker.
The longest timer I've seen on an egg is 20 minutes (I'm up to adventure land 3). There are other items to collect through achievements by performing specific moves in the levels. The only one I've got so far is one which halved the egg hatching timer. There doesn't seem to be any restriction on unlocking levels (again, so far) apart from playing them in order on the map one at a time.

So to sum up the F2P, it isn't intrusive. Seems so far that most people will easily play without having to pay unless they have a big backlog of eggs they want hatched. But it's the many menus to navigate between the short gameplay levels which is very annoying and intrusive.

Gameplay wise it seems a little clunkier gaining control over direction. You now swipe to change direction, and swipe the direction you're already going to attack. Tap anywhere to jump. Swipe down to attack the ground while jumping or while over something breakable.

I think I preferred the old control method even if it meant no direction control. Just felt more natural on a touchscreen than swiping everywhere all the time. My iPhone got dirty very fast! I think I prefer Fiesta Run but I'll be playing this for now anyway.
07-10-2015, 03:34 AM
Here's the reveal trailer...

Current Favourites - Lara Croft GO, The Room Three, Crashlands, Assassin's Creed Identity
07-10-2015, 04:12 AM
Some of the levels are designed so that you NEED to use these creature thingies to be able to collect everything and that's a deal breaker for me. Add timers and dual currencies and it becomes apparent that the game isn't for me. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is still excellent and as far as I know the free to play stuff doesn't stop you from playing; I can see a lot of people enjoying this. But for me personally it feels like a step backwards for Rayman on mobile; while I was playing I couldn't help but wish I were playing Fiesta Run instead. Not to mention Rayman Legends.
07-10-2015, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
Some of the levels are designed so that you NEED to use these creature thingies to be able to collect everything and that's a deal breaker for me. Add timers and dual currencies and it becomes apparent that the game isn't for me. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay is still excellent and as far as I know the free to play stuff doesn't stop you from playing; I can see a lot of people enjoying this. But for me personally it feels like a step backwards for Rayman on mobile; while I was playing I couldn't help but wish I were playing Fiesta Run instead. Not to mention Rayman Legends.
That makes me so sad... I'm hoping they will reverse their decision by Fall (when it's supposed to launch) but knowing Ubisoft, I'm not holding my breath...

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
07-10-2015, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
Yours is among the rare but deemed trustworthy reviews on TA, so my thanks to you.
07-10-2015, 05:54 AM
Yeah... All this just tells me to wait for the worldwide release to check it out, and not worth opening the NZ account for.

Hopefully it eventually gets a sort of IAP to get rid of freemiumness if that could apply.