★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Username

07-10-2015, 06:58 PM
Username

Is it possible to change your username at TA? I'm trying to unify my usernames from different game related media sites.
07-10-2015, 11:57 PM
It's been adressed before, no, caused confusion and what not.

07-11-2015, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomation View Post
It's been adressed before, no, caused confusion and what not.
That's cool. I might just start over with a new account. I'm not sure anyone would really miss old Klink. Sort of sad that 1000+ post and several years time later with almost zero connections. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
07-11-2015, 10:28 AM
It's a pain when someone creates a new account when they already have one. Can't you just keep this one youve had for agesssss?
07-11-2015, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
It's a pain when someone creates a new account when they already have one. Can't you just keep this one youve had for agesssss?
I would like to create a new ID but I won't if you tell me not too. Assuming the usename is open I would like to use.
07-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
I would like to create a new ID but I won't if you tell me not too. Assuming the usename is open I would like to use.
Do you mind not using this account? You'll essentially lose your 1000 posts.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Maybe I should explain myself a bit more. I've been a playing video games for the last 35 years. I've never outgrown them and I'm come to realize it's deep in my blood. I'm trying to figure out a way that I can make a bigger contribution to the industry since it's one of my passions. I don't have the time or programming skills to create own games. So I was thinking I could work on promoting games and game genre that I like. I've created a twitter account where I write short to the point reviews of games that I like and find interesting. I also tweet out information about interesting new releases. Maybe in the future I'll expand into creating a website. So the reason for the username change is to create a consistence branding for myself. I don't think it means much to people if I'm klink here and whatever somewhere else. Maybe this isn't the best idea, but I do know I would like to do something more.

Follow me at @bitGamerX for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
07-13-2015, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klink View Post
Maybe I should explain myself a bit more. I've been a playing video games for the last 35 years. I've never outgrown them and I'm come to realize it's deep in my blood. I'm trying to figure out a way that I can make a bigger contribution to the industry since it's one of my passions. I don't have the time or programming skills to create own games. So I was thinking I could work on promoting games and game genre that I like. I've created a twitter account where I write short to the point reviews of games that I like and find interesting. I also tweet out information about interesting new releases. Maybe in the future I'll expand into creating a website. So the reason for the username change is to create a consistence branding for myself. I don't think it means much to people if I'm klink here and whatever somewhere else. Maybe this isn't the best idea, but I do know I would like to do something more.
Only the admins can change user names, so you should adress the problem to one of them. I've seen 2-3 name changes in the last 5, 6 or 7 years, but all of these changes were justified exceptions. Maybe your reasons might work as a justification for your nickname change. But I understand the tA policy of not allowing user name changes. First, it would cause confusion. Second: create an exception and you have a lot of people at your door which also demand an exception just because.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 07-13-2015 at 04:20 AM.
07-13-2015, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Second: create an exception and you have a lot of people at your door which also demand an exception just because.
Exactly. Everyone will be asking for a username change. Mods cant change this only people with more admin powers and i'm sure they've got enough to do

Last edited by metalcasket; 07-13-2015 at 05:11 AM.
07-13-2015, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Exactly. Everyone will be asking for a username change. Mods cant change this only people with more admin powers and i'm sure they've got enough to do
Yeah, never mind. I'll make do with what I got.

Fun fan, I've been using Klink as on online identity since the days of Usenet newsgroups.

Follow me at @bitGamerX for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.