★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Perfection is yours to lose.
Think fast, react faster in this exciting, high score chasing, strategic puzzler.

No Ads, no in-app purchases. Just Free.

*One of PhoneArenas best new games.

Choose a starting tile and chain together as many of the dots on the game board as you can to build up your score.

But beware, if you hit a red dot you don't just lose a life, the score you have chained together is subtracted from your overall score instead of added and you lose your chance of achieving a perfect level. If you can manage to include a green dot in your chain it will cancel out the effects of red dots.

It all sounds so simple, and it is. Simple, but not as easy as it sounds.

Do you have what it takes to achieve Perfection!

Some more about Perfection! 3: The Chain

Full iCloud support. Keep your game in sync across all of your devices.

Universal App. Play on iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and iPad mini.

Compete against yourself and the rest of the world with Game Center Leaderboards, Challenges and Achievements.

Designed to take full advantage of every device including the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus screen sizes.

An endless game with varied level targets, board sizes and progressive difficulty.

Switch between day and night mode so you wont disturb anyone with your late night perfectionism.

Designed with our colour blind friends in mind. Specific styles identify the red and green dots.

TrueBlou's comments:
Hi folks, long time no see. What can I say, I spend most of what little spare time I get at TouchArcade's sister site.
Anyway, just a heads up about the new game. Thought I'd mention it here as it was on the TouchArcade forums that the original game was really born.

Launching today, it'll be visible on the AppStore at some point today. The final chapter in the Perfection! trilogy. Strategy puzzling in it's purest form and very, very different to the previous two games in the series.

As usual, here's some codes:

EXYF3PTWHPJA
LEF36JNFPLPL
4MWE99MHFPRL
TPW4WFFYHFN4
3XLTL99YF3LW
F7JXPHWW6FTE
3YT9EKHM3KRM
JRM9FH6MHTAM
MKKE66LAKHYM
EAM7NKMPTM7A

07-11-2015, 07:36 PM
This game has a lot of the structure I enjoy in a puzzle game. I like puzzle games that are played game board, that gets progressively more complex as you advance, like this one is. The game is easy to understand and the play area is always clear which is also good.
What I don't really like is timers in my puzzle games "personal preference", but the timer element is pretty integral to this game and is well implemented here. Another con with this game is that I feel like it may become luck based as the game board gets bigger and you will just make combos without really planning because your under time pressure.
Over all I had fun with this game and I will be going back to it. I want to spend more time with it and see if the game is actually luck or skill based. I think it may be a bit of both but not sure. I also wanna try and top the leaderboard

07-11-2015, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nergal View Post
This game has a lot of the structure I enjoy in a puzzle game. I like puzzle games that are played game board, that gets progressively more complex as you advance, like this one is. The game is easy to understand and the play area is always clear which is also good.
What I don't really like is timers in my puzzle games "personal preference", but the timer element is pretty integral to this game and is well implemented here. Another con with this game is that I feel like it may become luck based as the game board gets bigger and you will just make combos without really planning because your under time pressure.
Over all I had fun with this game and I will be going back to it. I want to spend more time with it and see if the game is actually luck or skill based. I think it may be a bit of both but not sure. I also wanna try and top the leaderboard

Hi, and thanks very much for the feedback it's truly appreciated.

You are spot on that when the board gets bigger there are opportunities for lucky moves but these can easily backfire on you.
The bigger the board gets, the more red tiles there are. So if you haven't planned out your move you can very quickly and very easily get massive amounts of your score taken away and of course lose a life in a single move.
Strategic planning is really the best way to maximise your score and ensure you keep advancing through the levels. Unless your some ridiculously lucky person, I'm not

The timer isn't something that can be changed as the game is, as you say it's pretty integral to the structure of the game.
I had thought about some sort of "Endurance" mode without a timer and when I figure out the balance it'll likely be added. The original draft of the game had a level based structure, with each level having its own unique challenges set out at the beginning. But honestly, there's so much time involved in doing it that I wanted to test the waters first. Just to see If there's enough interest in the basic style of the gameplay. If there is then I've certainly got some ideas on fleshing out the game some more.
07-11-2015, 08:39 PM
This is a challenging high score chaser. The timers give a sense of urgency while trying to plan the best move without messing up your score by hitting a red without a green. The graphics are clean and colorful. I think an endless mode might be a future option but might slow down the game a bit, however it is very enjoyable In its present state.
07-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBSNellie View Post
This is a challenging high score chaser. The timers give a sense of urgency while trying to plan the best move without messing up your score by hitting a red without a green. The graphics are clean and colorful. I think an endless mode might be a future option but might slow down the game a bit, however it is very enjoyable In its present state.

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad your enjoying the game so far.

I'm in complete agreement regarding an endless mode (at least a timer free one anyway), I've tried a couple of things with it but so far I'm just not happy with the balance of the game in an endless mode, which is why I have left it out, for now.

I do have an idea or two for further development of the game, but I suppose it'll depend on if there's a user base there to justify spending the time to program them in. Probably not but I'll end up tinkering away in my free time no doubt.
07-12-2015, 11:14 AM
Here's a question for those of you who have tried the game out. As in my opinion you are by far the most qualified to give a good, valuable and hopefully honest reply.

The game is currently priced at 1.49, which I think off the top of my head is $1.99 U.S and whatever that works out at in your local currency.

Anyway, as I'm always open to suggestions and such, I wondered if you consider that a fair price, or considering the quality of some of the games its up against, should the price be lower?

For that matter, do you think it's worth paying for at all?

Thanks in advance for your feedback, I appreciate any and all opinions. Don't worry, I've got thick skin (and an even thicker head) so you won't hurt my feelings
07-12-2015, 11:54 AM
$1.99 seems like a fair price to me, if you aren't filling it with iAds or iAPs. I'm more interested in seeing a gameplay video, as I'm still on the fence about getting it.
07-12-2015, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post
$1.99 seems like a fair price to me, if you aren't filling it with iAds or iAPs. I'm more interested in seeing a gameplay video, as I'm still on the fence about getting it.
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback.

There are no adverts of any kind and definitely no iap. As far as I'm concerned if you pay the full price for a game then that's that. You own the game and anything and everything else that gets made for it in the future.

It's different if it's a free app, but even then I generally just have one iap to upgrade to the full paid game.

Anyway, there's a video on YouTube of the game in action. It's an old video, from when the game was still being toyed with, so the release version differs in that it doesn't (currently) have the mission style level based game mode.
Instead the available game has one game mode to keep things simple but it's an endless game that dynamically adjusts the difficulty as you progress through the game.

The actual gameplay however is exactly as in the video so you can get an idea of what it's about. I'm in the process of doing a video for the released version. It won't differ much, just take out the section mentioning the missions.

Wow, there must have been a shorter way to say all of that, but my medication has kicked in so I'm waffling along

Here's that video link. http://youtu.be/XSzYS12nRqE

Total tech addict, software developer (more or less) and spouter of complete and utter nonsense when my medication kicks in. (No, really.)
07-12-2015, 12:58 PM
It's a very nicely-made game, fun and attractive. I think $1.99 is quite fair.

I like your aesthetic. I love crisp, clear graphics, and the colors are very appealing.

BTW, I still have the first Perfection on my iPad. I thought I had the second one as well, but I do not, and it is not showing up in the App Store (U.S. App Store). Do you know if it will be back?
07-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentia View Post
It's a very nicely-made game, fun and attractive. I think $1.99 is quite fair.

I like your aesthetic. I love crisp, clear graphics, and the colors are very appealing.

BTW, I still have the first Perfection on my iPad. I thought I had the second one as well, but I do not, and it is not showing up in the App Store (U.S. App Store). Do you know if it will be back?

Thank you, you're very kind. It's also nice to hear someone else still has the original game, I've still got a soft spot for it myself.

As for the second game, I removed it from the AppStore temporarily as it's an abomination. Don't get me wrong, I think the actual game is good but it was an experiment for a free app and I hate it.
I don't like that there are adverts and in app purchases in it so I'm currently removing all of that nonsense and it'll be back on the store once I get that done.

If you pm me your email, or actually even just pm me so I remember who you are. I'll send you a code to download Perfection! 2 for free once it's restored and back on the AppStore.

In an unrelated topic, I can't believe that I'm already getting trounced on the leaderboards for Perfection! 3. Clearly I need more practice

Total tech addict, software developer (more or less) and spouter of complete and utter nonsense when my medication kicks in. (No, really.)