★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The sequel to Barcode Kingdom has finally launched!
Teleport to a dungeon by offering a barcode up as a sacrifice to a barcode portal!
Let's be a legendary hero of the world!

'Barcodia', the world is made from magic powers, was peaceful and beautiful, but the power of evil hit the world, the land became empty and useless and started infesting with monsters. Barcodians who livelihoods are under threat was decided to hunt monsters for a living. And then one day, they found a portal to a dungeon and built a town around the portal.
'The Barcode town' is one of the town made this way.

Could the knight be the a legendary hero of the world in this town?
Now it's time to scan a barcode!

* FEATURE *
60 different types of monsters
The growing town with the Knight
Powerful enchanted items
Avatar system : Possible to create half a million different hero styles
Mercenary system : Fight with a mercenary against monsters
Forge system : Upgrade and enchant your items at the Forges
Quest system : Provides a quest every hour
The Random dungeon : Available to use without a barcode
The Gate Of The Other World : The direct gate to the monsters' base
The Daily dungeon : Find out The Daily dungeon and Get a huge bonus every day
07-14-2015, 05:10 AM
I'll give this a go this morning and report back.

Formerly: oooooomonkey.
Gamecentre: Sexy Pirate Arrr
Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.

07-14-2015, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Pirate View Post
I'll give this a go this morning and report back.
I loved the idea of Barcode Kingdom but not the execution. Unless I hear otherwise, I'm assuming this one has the same shenanigans since it's even called a "sequel." :/
07-14-2015, 06:57 AM
Instant buy.

They are pretty friendly by implementing a random dungeon for non barcode user. Gd job
07-14-2015, 07:04 AM
right well here I go from what I've seen so far. its looking pretty cool you scan barcodes to generate dungeons (well single screens) with enemy's in it. the battles happen automatically but you get to choose your class from sword,bow or magic.
and defeating the enemy's rewards you with gold or items which you can equip to make you guy stronger.
the bar code generated dungeons cost nothing to enter but there's another random dungeon for if you have no barcodes which costs you some energy to enter.
erm you can equip plenty of stuff weapons armour and helmets and if you get doubles of an item you can take it to the forge and merge them together to improve them.
haven't played a great deal of it so far maybe a dozen battles but I'm enjoying it.
always did like the idea of those barcode scanning games you got years a go. well worth 69p.

edit. oh and there's a bar where you can hire mercenarys to fight with you but I haven't tried that out yet. it did say you hire them for gold (which you just earn by fighting monsters) and if you get them killed it'll cost you more to hire them next time? so depending on how much the price goes up that could get costly.

Some Fav Games: ElementalWings, RoverCraftRacing, SaturdayMorningRPG, SpecialTacticsOnline, TheBikingDead, WrestlingRevolution.
07-14-2015, 07:11 AM
Can you cycle through just a few barcodes and never have to spend energy?
07-14-2015, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Pirate View Post
right well here I go from what I've seen so far. its looking pretty cool you scan barcodes to generate dungeons (well single screens) with enemy's in it. the battles happen automatically but you get to choose your class from sword,bow or magic.
and defeating the enemy's rewards you with gold or items which you can equip to make you guy stronger.
the bar code generated dungeons cost nothing to enter but there's another random dungeon for if you have no barcodes which costs you some energy to enter.
erm you can equip plenty of stuff weapons armour and helmets and if you get doubles of an item you can take it to the forge and merge them together to improve them.
haven't played a great deal of it so far maybe a dozen battles but I'm enjoying it.
always did like the idea of those barcode scanning games you got years a go. well worth 69p.

edit. oh and there's a bar where you can hire mercenarys to fight with you but I haven't tried that out yet. it did say you hire them for gold (which you just earn by fighting monsters) and if you get them killed it'll cost you more to hire them next time? so depending on how much the price goes up that could get costly.
With the last game, you could end up staring at the screen with nothing to do unless you spent more cash. Have they improved that situation? Like, are there limits on how much you can scan or timers that make you wait to play? I remember in-game cash became an issue in that game, too, as upgrading characters would cost a lot more than you could possibly earn.
07-14-2015, 07:48 AM
No, there's always something to do if you have a few barcodes on hand because the gate is energy to play "other" dungeons. Rescanning a barcode increases the level of the monsters inside that dungeon so it's conceivable that if you only have one that your dungeon will outscale you but even if you lose, you still get some exp. Besides, who doesn't have at least a dozen barcodes around?

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
07-14-2015, 07:51 AM
The Game Looks Really Nice
07-14-2015, 07:52 AM
yep above is correct it doesn't cost you to play scanning barcodes so you can play and scan all day long.
I would like a description of what the little icons on your armour and helmet do tho? as it doesn't seem to tell you what they are for. the other items I can guess at for attack power and speed etc. but no clue about the armour and helmet stats?
this is where I'm pretty glad I work in a kitchen so I have plenty of barcodes to be scanning

one other thing while I'm here. anyone else confirm this? it seems to be eating through my battery really quick? don't know if it's just that I've been playing it a lot this morning or if it's really got some battery drain going on? as my phone isn't usually at 44% by this time of day.

Last edited by Sexy Pirate; 07-14-2015 at 08:04 AM.