★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

42 Orbs (a minimalistic puzzle game)

07-16-2015, 11:57 AM
#1
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: In a car
Posts: 324
42 Orbs (a minimalistic puzzle game)

Hi guys,

I am happy to present to you 42 Orbs, a minimalistic puzzle game with a one tap gameplay.

42 Orbs have been lost and it's your job to guide them back into the light. Tapping the screen you set the orbs launch speed and angle, you must avoid all obstacles and get into the light.
The game is extremely challenging, using trial and fail you must discover the clear path to the light.



42 Orbs will launch on July 30, 2015 for $1.99 .












The game will be paid with no in app purchases or ads.

Edit 1: Gameplay trailer is here.




Edit 2: The game will launch on July 30, 2015 for $1.99.

Promo codes will be posted soon.
Please share any thoughts or feedback.
Thanks.

My Twitter:@Tudor

Last edited by MrLeQuack; 07-23-2015 at 03:51 PM.
07-16-2015, 01:11 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,913
Do you keep tapping to play or is it just once?
Would love to see a video if you have one.
Thanks!

07-17-2015, 02:49 AM
#3
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: In a car
Posts: 324
Hey
You tap just once, the tap location sets the speed of the orb and the angle at which it launches.
You can also scroll to see the level and make a decision based on that.
I will post a gameplay video soon.
Thanks
07-17-2015, 03:04 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLeQuack View Post
Hey
You tap just once, the tap location sets the speed of the orb and the angle at which it launches.
You can also scroll to see the level and make a decision based on that.
I will post a gameplay video soon.
Thanks
Sounds good. Thank you
I really like the minimalistic look.
07-18-2015, 09:58 AM
#5
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: In a car
Posts: 324
Hey, thank you, i tried to keep it as minimal as possible
07-18-2015, 10:05 AM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLeQuack View Post
Hey
You tap just once, the tap location sets the speed of the orb and the angle at which it launches.
You can also scroll to see the level and make a decision based on that.
I will post a gameplay video soon.
Thanks
Not to be picky, but would swipe be a more accurate description for the tap? Seems that speed and direction of the swipe would accomplish those 2 parameters. Hard to see how a singular tap could, unless it is based on a location with x,y coordinates that denote speed and direction.

Anyways, looks interesting.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-19-2015, 09:02 AM
#7
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: In a car
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Not to be picky, but would swipe be a more accurate description for the tap? Seems that speed and direction of the swipe would accomplish those 2 parameters. Hard to see how a singular tap could, unless it is based on a location with x,y coordinates that denote speed and direction.

Anyways, looks interesting.

Hey Pluto,

I went with tap because it gives a more precise control, which you need in order to be able to pass the levels, it allows you to fine tune the way the orb is launched, a swipe would not allow that precision.

The 2 parameters, speed and angle, are obtained from the tap using a secrete code recipe. jk

T.I

My Twitter:@Tudor
07-19-2015, 11:36 AM
#8
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLeQuack View Post
Hey Pluto,

I went with tap because it gives a more precise control, which you need in order to be able to pass the levels, it allows you to fine tune the way the orb is launched, a swipe would not allow that precision.

The 2 parameters, speed and angle, are obtained from the tap using a secrete code recipe. jk

T.I
Like the "secret sauce" recipes of old... Ahh... I will be looking forward to seeing how it is implemented then. A reproducible method is much more satisfying than the swipes.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-20-2015, 04:05 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: In a car
Posts: 324
Hey guys,

here is a gif showing how the tap gameplay works


Full gameplay trailer coming soon.
Thanks.
T.I

My Twitter:@Tudor
07-21-2015, 03:37 AM
#10
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 15
Seems nice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLeQuack View Post
Hey guys,

here is a gif showing how the tap gameplay works


Full gameplay trailer coming soon.
Thanks.
T.I
You beat me to it in order to have a decent idea on the game maybe a trailer would be just the thing.