★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Angry Birds 2 and Game of Loot both available on the 30th (My Game)

07-17-2015, 10:31 PM
Big Trouble?: Angry Birds 2 and Game of Loot both available on the 30th (My Game)

Edit: Adding App Store Links
iOS App Store
Google Play

I spent Wednesday sending out press emails for my game, Game of Loot... including one to tips@touchArcade.com. (Read: Basicly the launch date is set in stone.)

Then I wake up to find Game of Loot and Angry Birds 2 will both be launching on the 30th of this month. Obviously this worries me. Originally I pushed back the game's launch due to the press surrounding E3. Now, I will have to compete with what will be a whirl wind of Angry Bird Press. So now I am wondering if I will have a chance to get press coverage. Obviously press is essential in a games success.

What do you think? How big is the trouble?

You Tube Trailer:

Kenny of Super Ultra Hyper
www.gameOfLoot.com

Last edited by SuperUltraHyper; 07-30-2015 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Link Revision
07-17-2015, 10:36 PM
Your going up against angry birds... I'd recommend pushing it back at least a week, though I guess it depends on how well it catches on.

07-17-2015, 11:39 PM
There are quite a bit of really, really big games coming out on the 30th. The Crescent Moon published "Operation Dracula" comes out, I believe Race the Sun does too. I should've made a list somewhere, but I dunno...I can't imagine everyone changing their release dates because of Angry Birds 2.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-18-2015, 03:06 AM
Be interesting to see what angry birds 2 is like. Thought the last few freemium Rovio titles have been poor. Will this be much of the same or another huge hit ?
07-18-2015, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Be interesting to see what angry birds 2 is like. Thought the last few freemium Rovio titles have been poor. Will this be much of the same or another huge hit ?
According to Pocket Gamer, Angry Birds 2 is actually Angry Birds Under Pigstruction that has been soft-launched for quite a while in Canada. If that's the case, it's more of the same. :/

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-18-2015, 03:18 AM
I'm not buying anything from Cresent Moon until Exiles is fixed.
07-18-2015, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonomation View Post
I'm not buying anything from Cresent Moon until Exiles is fixed.
Well, if it makes a difference...this is published by Crescent Moon.

07-18-2015, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Well, if it makes a difference...this is published by Crescent Moon.
Exiles was disappointing but it was a few dollars and over the years I've had a ton of enjoyment from crescent moon games.

Looking forward to this shoot em up
07-18-2015, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spader623 View Post
Your going up against angry birds... I'd recommend pushing it back at least a week, though I guess it depends on how well it catches on.
If I could I would but it's too late now... The press stuff has been pushed out.
At least it isn't a clone of Angry Birds :/

Kenny of Super Ultra Hyper
www.gameOfLoot.com

Last edited by SuperUltraHyper; 07-18-2015 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Spelling
07-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperUltraHyper View Post
I spent Wednesday sending out press emails for my game, Game of Loot... including one to tips@touchArcade.com. (Read: Basicly the launch date is set in stone.)

Then I wake up to find Game of Loot and Angry Birds 2 will both be launching on the 30th of this month. Obviously this worries me. Originally I pushed back the game's launch due to the press surrounding E3. Now, I will have to compete with what will be a whirl wind of Angry Bird Press. So now I am wondering if I will have a chance to get press coverage. Obviously press is essential in a games success.

What do you think? How big is the trouble?

You Tube Trailer:
YouTube: video
Your game looks more interesting to me than any Angry Birds game, if that helps any.