Wild Wastes - Forget Starving, Don't Get Eaten

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Everplay, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Everplay

Everplay Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    #1 Everplay, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    [​IMG]

The Name: Wild Wastes

The Game: Wild Wastes is a bit of a satirical mash-up between survival, rogue-like, and action games. Your goal is to survive 7 days in the town of Earlsboro by scavenging for food and ammo, helping strangers with whatever they need, and killing tons of shit, like bandits, beasts, and everything in between. Surviving that time will get you some pretty sweet in-game unlockables. Doing quests for random people you find will also give unlockables like new characters that have different traits.

The Price: Wild Wastes is a high-quality premium gaming experience with no IAPs, Ads, or anything of the like.

The Release Date: Sometime in 2015. The game has come along way over the past year and we are excited to keep you guys up to date with what we are doing.

HERE is our Facebook where we will be managing the Beta Invitations and such. Follow us there to get up to date information.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rythan

Rythan Well-Known Member

May 16, 2014
    Looks amazing, definetly will look out for it! What's the replay value though ? After 7 days of surviving you unlock some sort of reward.. Any leaderboards to compete against each other ? That's what keep me coming back most of the times :)

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    #3 Based Xatu, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    This game looks great , mate.

4. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Good luck surviving the 7 days. There is intrinsic value in a replay able game for scores, but the best part is trying to do it with all of the characters.

We have 10 characters total with only 2 survivors available at the beginning. Since the game uses time as the progression function, there are only certain times some characters can be interacted with in the world. For example, someone starving on Day 1 can be saved if you bring them food. Don't find them until Day 3? Then you'll probably just find a famished corpse.

5. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
  6. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    Thanks! We originally went with a really retro style but changed to be a bit more fun and colorful.

7. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    #7 copaeci, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    I love survival game... Definitely looking forward for this one. Which tier do you decide for this game?

Edit:
    Does each day begin with a random world too?
    Does the game have procedural level?

8. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Please tell me I can play on iPad mini. Also IDE pay $10 for this game

9. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Really nice combination of both.

10. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    iPad Mini is a definite. Getting it to work well on iPhones is the trickier part.

11. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I just remembered - you guys did 1001 Attempts right?
    Any plans to update that game anymore?

12. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    We may update it when we launch the sequel [spoiler alert]

13. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    Looks Fantasic:) if there anything I can help you with such As testing flight just ask :)

14. Introvert Studios

Apr 20, 2015
    Game Development
    Somerset, UK
    ^What he said!

Looks brilliant and would love to give it a play through, the graphics look great, especially the colour schemes!

15. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I loved 1001 attempts and will probably have to get this knowing it's by Everplay. I recall having some ideas for 1001 attempts and just looked at that thread. Back in June 2013 I posted the following...in case you were open to suggestions for the update. If not, no worries.

***Begin Paste***
    So...any thoughts to updating this great game?

I would like to offer a few suggestions to EVERPLAY that I would be inclined to pay for via IAP or sequel, if implemented.

1) A mode where the graphics are updated to appear more modern by having smooth edges and not retro themed.

2) The player earns additional points for successful high risk Y-axis moves that avoid death.

3) The player earns additional points for consecutive successful Y-axis moves.

4) After dying, display the players cumulative stats in a table showing what they were killed by and how many times. i.e.

# of Deaths: Killed by:
    631 Laser
    326 Rocket
    420 Flame (or drill?cant tell)
    134 Spike
    203 Saw Blade

Btw, I Get a kick out of the little sayings that appear after dying and would love to see more.

16. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    We will definitely put out a "call to arms" for testers to help us. We are at least a month from having the game presentable to even testers.

17. Everplay

Jan 21, 2012
    It's the exact same people that worked on 1001 Attempts so you'll definitely see a similar spirit to the overall game in terms of style, design, and humor.

18. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Oh hey, cool. Can't wait to see what you guys do.

19. Dboy_1992

Dboy_1992 Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Curious about the release date:)

Hey devs I just wanted to know around what month do you guys/gals will be releasing Wild Wastes?? The game looks great so far and I'm really excited to get my hands on it when it releases, so if you devs could let me know what month this year you think it'll be releases that would be great, and also If you devs need any help beta testing or anything in the nature of helping along with the game it would be a pleasure to help, so write me back when you guys get a chance, thanks.

20. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Would you mind to answer my previous questions regarding the game :D :

Does each day begin with a random world too?
    Does the game have procedural level?