★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[OPEN BETA] Snail Bob 2 for iOS by tinyBuild and Hunter Hamster

07-20-2015, 10:18 AM
[OPEN BETA] Snail Bob 2 for iOS by tinyBuild and Hunter Hamster

Hi everyone! I'm happy to announce the open beta test for Snail Bob 2 - the sequel to the hit Snail Bob iOS game from a few years ago.

Snail Bob has been played over a billion times on the web and mobile, and the iOS version is finally getting a sequel!
  • A kids-friendly physics puzzle game
  • 90 mind-bending levels across 3 unique world
  • All the charm and humor you'd expect from a Snail Bob game

To give you an idea, here is the trailer for the first one:

We are working on prepping the marketing for Snail Bob 2, and need your help to beta test the latest builds!

Please use this this link to sign up for beta - http://eepurl.com/bee2SD

On Android there are multiple "Snail Bob 1/2/3, etc", why?

- On Android we did per-world releases, so it has Snail Bob 1 which contains World 1, and so on. On iOS they're a bundled together. So the iOS version of Snail Bob 1 contains the first 4 worlds. Snail Bob 2 on iOS will launch with 90 levels across 3 worlds.

Isn't this confusing?

- Why yes, yes it is! We haven't come up with an official name for the iOS sequel yet. If you have any ideas on how to do naming conventions for this title - please suggest in the thread
07-20-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm game! I have earned some snail creds with the first version. I'm not a kid slash parent so I hope it still counts LOL. Have all the achievements and though hidden under at least 6 (I suspect 13 on the first world) hackers, did do quite well on the leaderboards

07-20-2015, 05:13 PM
I would love to test this. Love your games. So far I own all three on iOS and tested Fearless Fantasy. But since I'm already in your system, there is no way to sign up for a new Beta. Thanks in advance if there is any way to get on the list for a new game.
07-21-2015, 09:00 AM
Testing this a bit and i am really enjoying it. More a bite-sized puzzle adventure, but the mechanics are quite simple and charming.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
07-21-2015, 04:08 PM
This is quite fun - finished world 1 90/90 + 12/12

As per the invite mail we seend feedback via email to the designer ?
07-21-2015, 07:57 PM
Not far in but so far a lot of fun

I thought that having your snail clean the house as a tutorial was pretty clever. Im not that far in yet but seems like it's pretty well polished. More to come as I play some more.
07-21-2015, 11:37 PM
Very polished, cute, charming fun! I'm just a few levels in, but am quite impressed and looking forward to spending more time with the game.
07-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Level 2-25 if you fail too many times the fire does not affect the dragons, but the game is just awesome.
07-29-2015, 08:50 AM
Hey guys! We're making incredible progress thanks to everyone involved in the beta test This makes things sooooo much quicker!

Is anyone interested in helping translate the game?

Looking for Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.

PM me for details or just e-mail the developer directly -- Andrey.Kovalishin at gmail
08-05-2015, 06:08 AM
I've been playing SB2 for the last week and I'm really enjoying it. I'm not a kid but love the combination of hidden object and platform. The super simple controls are easy to grasp and I imagine that the cute visuals will appeal to children. As a 35 year old man, I was a bit turned off by the graphics initially but the game has won me over.