★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ThroughView
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 96.6 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The Journey Back

The Journey Back is a first person exploration experience. You gain consciousness after being involved in a car crash. Explore a colorful, stylized 3d world, solve puzzles and find out what happened along the way.

Echoseven's comments:

The Journey Back

ThroughView
Genres: Games Puzzle Entertainment Adventure
$2.59 NZD

Quote:
The Journey Back

The Journey Back is a first person exploration experience. You gain consciousness after being involved in a car crash. Explore a colorful, stylized 3d world, solve puzzles and find out what happened along the way.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone6
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPhone5c
  • iPadMini
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone5s
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone6Plus

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 97.6MB

07-22-2015, 11:43 PM
Any thoughts people?? Looks interesting.

07-22-2015, 11:45 PM
I'm intrigued. I might TOFTT. But not now. Later. Stay tuned.

Edit: I'm DLing now. I'm in the middle of something so it might take a while for me to post imps.

Last edited by Rawk GWJ; 07-22-2015 at 11:47 PM.
07-22-2015, 11:48 PM
Where did this come from? May have to check it out tomorrow.
07-23-2015, 01:00 AM
Hmmm, I'd be interested in hearing some initial impressions.
07-23-2015, 03:17 AM
I've spent 20 minutes with this game, and it's NOT good.

It's like a 3D point and click adventure. Sort of a mystery story. You're trying to figure out what happened after you've been in a car accident. I wandered around the invironment for 20 minutes. The only thing I was able to do was flush a toilet. NOTHING HAPPENS IN THIS GAME!! Sorry for yelling.

Pros:
I couldn't find any.

Cons:
The controls are awkward
The screen shots look better than the actual game
Movement is too slow and you can't run
The puzzles are extremely vague and unintuitive

If you love point and click adventures you could do way better than this. This game seems like it was made by non-gamers. It's just not fun.
07-23-2015, 08:10 AM
Well that's disappointing to hear as I was hoping for a Dear Esther type of aesthetic but instead we have a POS with no leg to stand on.
07-23-2015, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgeirge View Post
Well that's disappointing to hear as I was hoping for a Dear Esther type of aesthetic but instead we have a POS with no leg to stand on.
I've been considering getting a touchscreen laptop/tablet combo to try and play those games as though they're on an iPad. But no idea if that would work.
07-23-2015, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
I've been considering getting a touchscreen laptop/tablet combo to try and play those games as though they're on an iPad. But no idea if that would work.
I've considered it too but found the prices to be mad. The surface pro is good but the price tag on it is phenomenally high! $200 just for the keyboard!
07-23-2015, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgeirge View Post
I've considered it too but found the prices to be mad. The surface pro is good but the price tag on it is phenomenally high! $200 just for the keyboard!
Eek!
I would also need to do extensive research and find out if a large number of the games I want to play would work with touch and on those machines.