★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: James Purdy
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.8 MB
  • Version: 1.6
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Demolish buildings utilizing an assortment of monsters. Play as "King Boom Boom" the giant gorilla, "OMGodZirra!" the humongous lizard, "Ronald Rump" the massive egomaniac, "Mr. Peppers" the 50 ft tall fire breathing clown, and others.

Keep on bashing with reckless abandon, but be sure to watch out for missiles as they rain down from the heavens. You'll have to use your fancy footwork to avoid the barrage.

Become an unstoppable wrecking crew if you want the high score.

crumby99's comments:
Hi everybody!

I developed and illustrated this iOS game (Boom Boom Bros) in the mornings and evenings around my day job (non game dev software engineering) for a number of months. Boom Boom Bros is a (classic) Rampage inspired style game, with a quasi TimberMan mechanic.

Beyond announcing my new game, I'm inquiring to see if a few people might try playing the game and tell me if they think it's too hard to be enjoyable. I am seeing scores that are much lower than I expected in Game Center. I would expect people to regularly get scores around 250 - 300, but am seeing a lot of scores around 100 - 150. A week after release, I still have the high score on GameCenter of 503 ... and I'm generally pretty mediocre at games like the one I've created. I didn't think that the strategy for doing well in this game was that hard to figure out, but maybe I am wrong....

Anyways, thanks in advance for any feedback. The game can be found here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/boom-boom-bros./id961455539

07-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Hi

I gave this try just and I can give you some feedback on the few games of it I just played. The missiles are a bit to fast to start with and hard to know which side they are coming from at first but I soon worked that out. Slower missiles to start with and having them speed up the as the games progress might help.
07-21-2015, 11:11 PM
mj132,

Thanks for trying it out and putting some thought into it. Slowing down the missiles (at least initially) is a great idea. I'll tweak those parameters and see how it feels. Once again, thanks!