★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Time-management plus hidden object - become the world's top chef in this addictive smash hit!

WHAT THE MEDIA IS SAYING:
AppleTell.com: "Gourmania is a great game thats underpriced, and is something that should be tried by all casual iPhone/iPod touch gamers."
TouchArcade.com: "Alawar's Gourmania bridges both the time management and hidden object genres with a culinary themed Frankenstein monster scientifically engineered to be the ideal casual game!"

Do you have the skills to win a cook off among the top chefs at a glamorous resort? Begin your journey at a fast food joint, finding the ingredients for the sandwiches your customers want and the processing their orders before time runs out. Before the big showdown, youll save a Sushi Bar, a Pizza Parlor and more from shutting down, making you the most sought after chef in town! Full of seek-and-find and slice-and-dice fun, Gourmania is your ticket to the big leagues!

Also available for iPad! Check for Gourmania HD in App Store.

GAME FEATURES:
60 levels
Eight locations (cafe, sushi, restaurant and more!)
Two bonus levels for each location
Unlimited game time!
-----------------------------------------
STILL NOT CONVINCED? Try the lite version for free by searching for "Gourmania Lite" in the App Store.
More fun games from Alawar:
HOTEL MOGUL Point-and-click fun that will have you laughing all the way to the bank!
VACATION MOGUL The tourism business has never been easier or more fun!
JOAN JADE AND THE GATES OF XIBALBA Take a breathtaking journey through a world of danger and suspense!
FARM FRENZY 2: PIZZA PARTY! Return to the farm to create your favorite food!

For more games, visit us at iphone.alawar.com!
FIND US in FACEBOOK: AlawarEntertainment
FOLLOW US in TWITTER: @AlawarMobile
Be the first to hear about our new games and awesome contests!

aegoshin's comments:
Hi everyone!

I glad to say that Gourmania is now available for 0.99 only.

Full version here.

And Lite version is also available!

In Gourmania hidden object genre meets time management - you should prepare certain food (or drinks) for clients in certain time. Search for ingridients, cut them or shake or boil - and the last thing is to grab clients money.

Game video will be available soon

Enjoy!
09-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Quite interested in this. Awaiting the vid

09-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Tried the lite version and purchased the full game a few minutes later. It looks like a fun mix of hidden object and time management. I love Alawar games and have many of their games on my PC. Vampire Saga is one of the best hidden object games to come out recently.

aegoshin is there any chance of seeing something like Magic Encyclopedia ported? With zoom even the tiny pieces should be no problem to find

Last edited by joehunt; 09-23-2009 at 01:58 PM.
09-23-2009, 07:02 PM
This really is a great hidden object game, mixed with time management gameplay.

Highly, highly recommended for a buck.

There's a LOT of levels.

back
09-23-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm a sucker for hidden object games, though it will be hard to knock the Yard Sale series from the top of my pile.

Purchased!

-3Dave
Artist/Animator/Aardvark
3Dave.com
Twitter Page
09-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
aegoshin is there any chance of seeing something like Magic Encyclopedia ported? With zoom even the tiny pieces should be no problem to find
yes, there is a chance for Magic Encyclopedia. I'm not sure in timeframes for now, but I will post a thread
09-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Review: Gourmania cooks up a strong time management and hidden object recipe

Hidden item games have a strong following in the iTunes store, and the same can be said for the time management genre as well. Its not surprising since both types of games are well suited for the iPhone/iPod Touch platform. What would you get if you combined the two genres, and more importantly, would it be fun? You get Gourmania, which does a reasonably good job offering a challenging, yet different twist on time management. Not only must you quickly create and serve orders to customers, you have to first find the ingredients hidden away in a cluttered kitchen. While the game offers some rather peculiar recipes, the gameplay should satisfy your time management and hidden item cravings.

Aside from the cooking theme presented in the visuals, Gourmania doesnt have much of a storyline. Basically, youre a trainee who is working his way up the restaurant business to one day become Master Chef. Your task is to keep customers satisfied and generate enough profit so they you can finally move on to bigger and better food establishments. The game has 60 levels and 8 different restaurant locations with a low-rent fast-food joint being your first stint. Every 3 levels, a bonus game breaks up the monotony where you match food items to matching food items to their corresponding outlines that roll by on scrolling bars. Its a rather harmless mini-game where you earn new recipes.

The graphics look good, and the music rather understated. At each restaurant, a cut scene with dialogue from the waiter serves as your introduction. The game is not heavy into animation, and thats perfectly fine for this type of game.

The mechanics of Gourmania is simple: find and tap to collect ingredients hidden or literally right in front of your face to prepared dishes before they get angry and leave. Order tickets arrive and are placed at the top of the screen. Besides the order and the list of ingredients needed, a satisfaction gauge is used to indicate the level of satisfaction or in some cases growing dissatisfaction for each customer. The more satisfied a customer, the more they will payif only that were true in real life. A separate gauge shows your progress and the time left as you collect individual items.

In many cases, once youve collected all the required items for an order ticket, an action icon appears on the ticket that you tap to activate. This is the cooking part of the game if you will. These can include skillets, blenders, and chopping board, and this can add a few seconds to the actual completion of the order. Once an order is served, a money action icon appears which you tap to collect and finally complete the order.

The money earned also can be used to upgrade appliances which youll want to do since they increase your cooking performance. Since you can collect items non-sequentially and for any of the order tickets at any time,, bonus points are awarded when completing an order in a single bound. Also, if you have all your appliances working at the sime, they will temporarily speed up. The underlying objective is the happier the customers, the more customers youll have, and the bigger your earning potential.

The gameplay itself is pretty fun, and in some cases stressful since youre not only cooking which is the easy part. On the other hand, finding hidden items within a time limit in a disorganized kitchen is both challenging and frustrating. Gourmania has responsive pinch zoom and a drag to pan screen functions, and these come in handy. Even so, many of the items look the same or tend to be hidden behind other items so youll need to have a sharp eye. Bottles and packages with writing on them such as ketchup, mayonnaise or tea can be especially tough to make out. Some tems dont look the same which adds yet another element of challenge. For example, tomatoes and cucumbers can appear either as whole items or sliced, and dont get me started on the sausages. A Hint option is also available, but once youve used it, theres a slight delay before its available again.

Once items are selected, they disappear, forcing you to either look for an alternative or wait until the item reappears which takes away valuable time. One thing to note is that certain items only appear in specific places which helps it a little easier. My main frustration with Gourmania is its difficult to differentiate some items, and it takes trial and error to see what everything is even with the zoom. The recipes themselves tend to be strange as well from pizzas made with hot dogs and lettuce to concoctions involving caviar and cream cheese.

Gourmania has a few perks hidden in those cluttered kitchens which come in handy. Hourglasses for example provide additional time to complete orders, while batteries increase the speed of appliances.

Overall, Gourmania provides an engaging time management slash hidden object game that should satisfy casual gamers. While the storyline seems to have been an afterthought, the game itself offers the right balance of challenge and casualness that should appeal to a broad audience.

Albie Meter: 4 Stars (fun game that offers a good mix of time management and hidden object gaming; cooking theme should click with many and offers a satisfying experience; objects can be difficult to differentiate especially in a time crunch; zoom and pan functionality included)
09-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the thorough reviews/impressions, I'm buying full version now. Alaware has always impressed me so I'm looking forward to playing this game.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
09-25-2009, 08:33 PM
This is really a fun game, bought immediately after realizing that it's an Alawar game.
Bad news is that my sis played it on my iTouch and she has not return me the device since..
09-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Great review Albie, and yeah, the different ingredients are a bit hard to tell apart from each other, but that's more of the iPod's fault; I'm sure it's easy on a computer.

I love the time management elements in it, it actually fits in the game.

back