★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nitrome
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 61.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: A game by Nitrome the award winning team that brought you Gunbrick (Editors Choice Jan 2015) Platform Panic (9/10 - Gamezebo, 9/10 Gold Award - Pocket Gamer, 4/5 Touch Arcade) and Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage - Game of the Year 2014 Pocket Gamer).

Pole vaulting has never been so fun!
Cascading cliffs, huge bouncy springs and those infuriating red balls! How far can you go? How long will you last? Can you get the highest score? Classic intuitive physics arcade action with easy to use, hard to master tap and hold controls, mean that things aren't as simple as they seem.

Features:
- Intuitive single touch pole vaulting gameplay.
- Simple concept that anyone can grasp!
- Collect coins to unlock unique characters
- Full game centre support to compete with friends and foes

Important information
This game contains third party advertising which can be removed via a one time IAP. This game contains coins which can be collected within the game for free, bought with real money or via earned via promotions. This game contains cross promotion for other Nitrome games and this is not removed with the IAP for removal of ads.

touchy85's comments:

Vault!

Nitrome
Genres: Games Arcade Action
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
A game by Nitrome the award winning team that brought you Gunbrick (Editors Choice Jan 2015) Platform Panic (9/10 - Gamezebo, 9/10 Gold Award - Pocket Gamer, 4/5 Touch Arcade) and Icebreaker: A Viking Voyage - Game of the Year 2014 Pocket Gamer).

Pole vaulting has never been so fun!
Cascading cliffs, huge bouncy springs and those infuriating red balls! How far can you go? How long will you last? Can you get the highest score? Classic intuitive physics arcade action with easy to use, hard to master tap and hold controls, mean that things aren't as simple as they seem.

Features:
- Intuitive single touch pole vaulting gameplay.
- Simple concept that anyone can grasp!
- Collect coins to unlock unique characters
- Full game centre support to compete with friends and foes

Important information
This game contains third party advertising which can be removed via a one time IAP. This game contains coins which can be collected within the game for free, bought with real money or via earned via promotions. This game contains cross promotion for other Nitrome games and this is not removed with the IAP for removal of ads.

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 59MB

07-21-2015, 01:17 PM
Video Gameplay

Everyone is a friend

07-21-2015, 03:04 PM
You should die when u miss the platform and have your stick in the hole. "That what she said." Also, it should have a sprint button that recharges the better your vaulting is timed. You should barely make it if you time it wrong and lose energy or something. A good timing would be pressing the sprint button halfway the platform as not to waste too much energy, than press it so your pole is as close to the edge as possible. You are welcome and I'm stoned. When you have two perfect timed jumps in a row you should skip 1 platform (read jump over it). When you have 5 perfectly timed jumps you skip 2 platforms etc, after ten perfectly timed jumps you pole is supercharged and you can lock in a first multiplier that can't be lost ever, permanent gift as you will. Okay I have to stop rambling now, thank you for reading.
07-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samulaan View Post
You should die when u miss the platform and have your stick in the hole. "That what she said." Also, it should have a sprint button that recharges the better your vaulting is timed. You should barely make it if you time it wrong and lose energy or something. A good timing would be pressing the sprint button halfway the platform as not to waste too much energy, than press it so your pole is as close to the edge as possible. You are welcome and I'm stoned. When you have two perfect timed jumps in a row you should skip 1 platform (read jump over it). When you have 5 perfectly timed jumps you skip 2 platforms etc, after ten perfectly timed jumps you pole is supercharged and you can lock in a first multiplier that can't be lost ever, permanent gift as you will. Okay I have to stop rambling now, thank you for reading.
Someone should start a Forum Post of the Week contest. And this should win.
07-21-2015, 08:28 PM
The Gameplay:

Beta Testing : Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, Sky Force 2014, Rush Rally 2

07-22-2015, 11:03 PM
I love Nitrome! Just downloaded on iOS and Android!!
07-23-2015, 02:09 AM
I typically love most games by Nitrome (Gunbrick, Icebreaker, Green Ninja, Silly Sausage, and Magic Touch) but not this one. It is just another mediocre endless runner.
07-23-2015, 08:02 AM
What's it based off of? I think it's called kidney bean in Paris or something?
07-23-2015, 03:00 PM
Unique endless runner that needs something...more. Maybe powerups and better unlockables but not too bad.

Last edited by cowtruck123; 07-23-2015 at 08:08 PM.
07-23-2015, 03:21 PM
Nice post, Samulaan. I had "no idea what was going on" there though

I like this quite a bit, and supported Nitrome with the ad removal IAP, as I do with all of their games.

I do pretty well until there are multiple narrow platforms in a row, or the part where there are three of those red balloon thingies stacked up.

You can change the trajectory of your character depending on when you release the screen. For example, if your dude is vertical with the pole, you won't go as far. To get more distance, release later in the vault.