★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Prune is a love letter to trees. A game about the beauty and joy of cultivation.

With a swipe of a finger, grow and shape your tree into the sunlight while avoiding the dangers of a hostile world. Bring life to a forgotten landscape and uncover a story hidden deep beneath the soil.

A unique digital plant for your pocket
Beautiful, minimalist art and a super clean interfaceit's just you and the trees
Meditative music and sound design for you to zen out to
No IAP, no monetization strategy, no currencies
Share screenshots of your unique tree creations with friends
Synchronize progress across all your devices using iCloud

Originally based on an experimental tree generation script, Joel McDonald carefully crafted Prune to perfection over the course of a year. Kyle Preston joined in to add his unique musical signature and sound effects.

----- RECEPTION -----

"Unlike anything I've played before... the kind of experience I want to pull out to show my friends." - The Verge

"Wildly creative, totally addictive, and oddly soothing" - Entertainment Weekly

"Prune is a gorgeous and unique experience." - 5/5 TouchArcade

"Prune is an awe-inspiring work of digital poetry that transcends its initial subject material to explore a much larger, much more complex theme, in an articulate and powerfully moving manner" - 10/10 Pocket Gamer

"A collaboration that feels more like a dance than puzzle-solving." - Kill Screen

----- AWARDS -----

Winner - Best Upcoming Game - 11th International Mobile Gaming Awards
Finalist - IndieCade Festival 2015
Official Selection - Brazil's FILE Festival
Runner-Up - IndiePlus "Make Something Great" Contest
Official Selection - Out of Index Experimental Games Festival

killercow's comments:

Prune

Joel Mcdonald
Genres: Games Entertainment Family Puzzle
$4.99 NZD

Quote:
Prune is a love letter to trees. A game about the beauty and joy of cultivation.

----- OVERVIEW -----

With a swipe of a finger, grow and shape your tree into the sunlight while avoiding the dangers of a hostile world. Bring life to a forgotten landscape, and uncover a story hidden deep beneath the soil.

A unique digital plant for your pocket
Beautiful, minimalist art and a super clean interfaceit's just you and the trees
Meditative music and sound design for you to zen out to
No IAP, no monetization strategy, no currencies
Share screenshots of your unique tree creations with friends
Sync progress across all your devices using iCloud

Originally based on an experimental tree generation script, Joel McDonald carefully crafted Prune to perfection over the course of a year. Kyle Preston joined in to add his unique musical signature and sound effects.

----- AWARDS -----

Winner - Best Upcoming Game - 11th International Mobile Gaming Awards
Official Selection - Brazil's FILE Festival
Runner-Up - IndiePlus "Make Something Great" Contest
Official Selection - Out of Index Experimental Games Festival

----- RECEPTION -----

Prune is startlingly beautifully. - Peter Willington, App Spy

Has a wonderful parchment graphical style to it. - Rock Paper Shotgun

Keep an eye out for this one... - Jeff Scott, Slide to Play

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone6
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadMini

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 58.8MB

07-22-2015, 09:10 AM
Gameplay Video

07-22-2015, 04:34 PM
How is this not getting any attention? Come on people! This is just one of those games you know is gonna make it on Apple's lists at the end of the year. Absolutely beautiful.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
07-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Yeah, this does look great & the gameplay looks quite innovative. Looking forward to getting it tonight!
07-22-2015, 05:35 PM
this is gorgeous, will get it too
07-22-2015, 07:13 PM
This is one of the most beautiful games I've ever played. It's simultaneously soothing and compelling, and so enjoyable to play. Every detail is beautiful, well thought-out and well-executed. Honestly, I can't say enough good about this game. It's both an artistic experience and a genuinely fun game. It puts me under a wonderfully hypnotic spell, and I want to always keep going back, to grow and prune and progress. It's wonderful.

Last edited by Valentia; 07-23-2015 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Pruned an errant comma. :)
07-22-2015, 07:34 PM
Most definitely a must-buy for me tonight! Kinda reminds me of the ibonsai app long ago, but with this one, you interact by cutting and shaping!! Real beautiful Zen-like experience!
07-22-2015, 08:48 PM
From the gameplay video it doesn't look like any challenge at all. Say it isn't so.
07-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
From the gameplay video it doesn't look like any challenge at all. Say it isn't so.
I'm still making my way through, but it does get more challenging.
07-22-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm excited to try this one out when it releases.